Forex Day Trader's Thread

hi tripleogstar,

Looks like gold has had a hard time breaking through $980 this year. What's your opinion on where gold is going?

I still reckon there is going to be a test of the $1,000 level. There is falling supply of bullion and market makers are going to be scrambling for it to hedge themselves when there is an increase in net long position on the futures contract. All due to the fact that we are going into a negative real interest rate environment.

euro /usd
I read that traders will want to get back to neutral positions soon before the usa holiday starts
looks like may be idea to sell the rallies

no, it won't .. it will take a massive equities rally to break 1.419 resistance.. it's already failed at 1.415 once today.. I'm shorting at 1.416 with a stop at 1.421

i see euro has broken resistance at 1.4130 today. I want to be short because you have eurozone PPI tomorrow and retail sales on fri. Rate deccision tomorrw, but reckon thats gona b bullish for the euro, mayb that is partly why euro has rallied today. already priced in a strong interest rate environment. so i don't want to be anywhere near euro. Think I may go long on GBP/EUR, but depends on what PPI figures are tomorrow. If they come out weak, and the ecb still decide to hold rates, market may interpret that as bad for the eurozone and dump the euro. so my conclusion is not to touch the euro. I might even short cable overnight, but ill wait till dow close, because if cable ends the day higher than 1.65, i reckon that is bullish, and if anything, it is time to buy.

I got filled at lunch and the stop run seems to have stopped at 1.42 BUT they might try again! I
m currently down 11 but sticking with it because it could come down sharply..