Dow 2007

Long entry signal given at 13546 (cash) by DEMA crossover. Ignored due to 15 min MACD histogram sloping downwards.

EDIT: Interesting. There was a clear rounded bottom and support forming around those levels. The 15min MACD histogram was hovering some 0.001 +/- zero anyways. I think that trade would have been a good entry, but I thought the same about shorting around 560 also - must stick to the system.

EDIT2: 2 min DEMA cross confirms the entry. 15 min MACD ambiguous.

Long from 555. Stop at 545 (below recent support).

EDIT 3: 15 min MACD histogram now bullish

EDIT 4: 3 min DEMA confirms

EDIT 5: 5 min confirm

Last edited:
ok, depending on close of 4 hour bar, will enter the following orders

long 575 and a 45 pip stop,

short 30 and a 45 pip stop

all are bid prices.

Edit: No Doji No trade :cheesy:
instead wait for the wedge to trade

Attachments

• dow4.gif
    dow4.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Long entry signal given at 13546 (cash) by DEMA crossover. Ignored due to 15 min MACD histogram sloping downwards.

EDIT: Interesting. There was a clear rounded bottom and support forming around those levels. The 15min MACD histogram was hovering some 0.001 +/- zero anyways. I think that trade would have been a good entry, but I thought the same about shorting around 560 also - must stick to the system.

EDIT2: 2 min DEMA cross confirms the entry. 15 min MACD ambiguous.

Long from 555. Stop at 545 (below recent support).

EDIT 3: 15 min MACD histogram now bullish

EDIT 4: 3 min DEMA confirms

EDIT 5: 5 min confirm

Edit 560 +5. (bearish divergence in CCI on 5 min chart, weak initial entry anyways)

+8 total.

ok, depending on close of 4 hour bar, will enter the following orders

long 575 and a 45 pip stop,

short 30 and a 45 pip stop

all are bid prices.

Edit: No Doji No trade :cheesy:
instead wait for the wedge to trade

Good luck with that. Where are your targets, and how long are you going to hold for?

(personally, I don't like either price, but I'm a short term trader looking to limit risk at the moment)

Yes hindsight is wonderful! Since my stop wasn't hit, maybe I should have stayed in. This is a symptom of my overtrading - I got worried about that position to my cost. The system gave an entry, and I exited because of perceived weakness and a little divergence. Bad decision, and retrospectively not really justified. I've just left at least +10 on the table.

Okay. Bullish MACD on 15, intra-day (cash market) highs. 1 min CCI and RSI overbought (that is usually quite bearish on my charts.

However, I'm not allowed to short at this time. And that is probably for the best. I can see 13600 before 13550.

I got a good entry on this swing, but covered prematurely. (fear? impatience?)

Looks like another entry won't present for a wee while. I can't go short at the moment, and another long signal won't be along for awhile, and I wouldn't trust a double DEMA cross in a short period of time anyways.

Off for shower 'n' shave, and some much needed food. (and a cup of tea I think).

Back around quarter to six.

My short trade stop is at the high of the day, which is 13575 on IG.

I've just heard about this crew today...

http://www.twowayfutures.com/

0.5 spread on FTSE & 1 point on Dow!!

*BUT* most important of all...NO SKEWING of prices, which I can truthfully say has cost me a fortune with IG. (example, I enter DAX short at 6719, I need the price to move two points to the downside...the underlying DAX indice moves 4 down which would put me in profit, but IG's price is still hovering around my entry price...I therefore hold on nervously...the market takes off, & I lose £££££££sss! Ok,it was just an example...but I've lost count of the number of times I've entered a trade that hasn't gone initially like I thought it would - I'd have closed straight away if it wasn't for IG's price skew)

I'll be opening account immediately & happy to leave IG the thieving bar stewards behind!

I've just heard about this crew today...

http://www.twowayfutures.com/

0.5 spread on FTSE & 1 point on Dow!!

*BUT* most important of all...NO SKEWING of prices, which I can truthfully say has cost me a fortune with IG. (example, I enter DAX short at 6719, I need the price to move two points to the downside...the underlying DAX indice moves 4 down which would put me in profit, but IG's price is still hovering around my entry price...I therefore hold on nervously...the market takes off, & I lose £££££££sss! Ok,it was just an example...but I've lost count of the number of times I've entered a trade that hasn't gone initially like I thought it would - I'd have closed straight away if it wasn't for IG's price skew)

I'll be opening account immediately & happy to leave IG the thieving bar stewards behind!

Great as that sounds, "The minimum balance to maintain an account is £5,000."

Not for me just yet.

Can I ask what your signal for that trade was?

(my system is still meant to be long, and would have been were I not a chicken**** - I covered at 60 and its at 70 now)

SL kicked in.

Reason: On the 1min charts a lower high between 16:00 & 16:55 hours coupled with a lower another lower high between 16:55 at 16:57.

Looks like it decided to take off at 15:03 I walked off having placed it.

Will not trade DOW for rest of day.

Good luck to you all.

Good luck with that. Where are your targets, and how long are you going to hold for?

(personally, I don't like either price, but I'm a short term trader looking to limit risk at the moment)

lurker,

no doji no trade. up bias remains, so wont trade a breakout north. would have only traded a breakout south with a 4 hour doji.

j

Short 577. (stop at 586)

Cover 576. +1 (this 4 point spread is getting a little annoying)

Last edited:
Great as that sounds, "The minimum balance to maintain an account is £5,000."

Not for me just yet.

well, for those who are interested, there's an online calculator for the FTSE (showing how much you'll save per annum)....

http://www.twowayfutures.com/FTSE-spread-betting-savings-calculator.htm

I'll stop now cos I'm sounding like a salesman (I have no affiliation with the company whatsoever.....I haven't even opened an account yet), but I find their offering very exciting, cos there's two things that slaughters Spread better traders....'price skewing' & 'spread'...minimize those & you have a much leveller playing field

Afternoon all.

Any of you lot noticed large amounts of volume on the Dow and S&P today?

Thanks.

Hi Folks,

Long time no post, cut down on my presence hear due to inability to fit 28hours in a day. Just opened two rather large shorts on both dow and spx, I believe that we are due a correction of some sorts. I am still struggling to go long, I just watch in disbelief how all time highs are made one day only to be broken the next, sooner or later it will end up in tears.

In answer to LL earlier I am quietly paper trading a simple system and currently have a short from 577 cash with a small target of about 20 pts. On the day up about 18 pts only.

I did notice high volume on the DOW between exactly 11am and 12, including that curious almost flat period of 15 mins that exactly followed todays current lower trendline.

My paper short looks bad now, the price so far has not obliged with the small downswing I expected!

Afternoon all.

Any of you lot noticed large amounts of volume on the Dow and S&P today?

Thanks.

firewalker,

have you got a target? In my opinion, if the support at 1529 June SPX does not hold we will see at least 100 points down from the top