Dow 2007

mrng chaps whilst the FTSE is playing ball albeit a little slower than expected the price action on the DOW suggests that we will have to wait for a decent move as I calculate price this morning it points to a 245 to 375 range bound day

case rested looks like FW got out too soon

As this is the DOW 2007 thread I see no reason to talk about my ETF, stocks or option positions... Do you disclose all the positions of your 5 accounts?

I only talk about futures trading, as the rest of my positions are relatively small compared to those.

And yes, I think it's less riskier. Also, overnight holding means double in margin requirements.

Calm down it was just a general question didnt realise it was a guarded secret,why would double margin be a problem?

Calm down it was just a general question didnt realise it was a guarded secret,why would double margin be a problem?

I don't mind anybody asking. There are no secrets, as I've shown my live trades (including the losses) on dozen, if not a hundred occasions :)

As for double margin, that means half as much lots to trade. It also means less flexibility in hedging, margin for other correlated positions, other markets, etc, etc...

Still looking for dow 13100 ish today DC?

Wonder where kenobi is hiding :LOL:

Must feel pretty bad after seeing price return to his entry for the third time. Oh well there's always time to exit with a nice profit at... BREAKEVEN! :LOL: :LOL:

Officially OUT now. Bye!

i've cleaned up the thread a touch - sorry for being late into action

paul71 - no more offensive posts please. thank you

jon

Apologies!

That's no way to treat a respectable +10 year trader like Dinos... if the majority here showed half the respect - no, a tenth - of the respect he has for other people, this place would be a whole lot more decent and grown-up. Maybe we could actually discuss trading.

Good post Dinos. Sorry to see this thread getting derailed further.

Lucky for us, DOW "2007" is almost over!

PS: despite your comment, your bullish view was excellent

I've just come back on to delete my offensive posts, they have already been deleted.

It was a bit childish my behaviour over the past few days, sorry to anyone who i have offended.

Just one more comment,

DC2000, you was feeding the rally this time last year, or abouts. Don't feed my account this year.;)

Sincerely,

yes I am just turned and started my big SALE

How come your timing is s off nowadays?

Note: This isn't meant to be a dig at you. I've been around these boards for a while and you used to be amazing. It seems that your system has been 'off' for a while now. Change in market conditions?

cheers

I think the Dow will slowly creep towards 14000 towards the new year, doubt it'll touch or pass by the end of year.

How come your timing is s off nowadays?

Note: This isn't meant to be a dig at you. I've been around these boards for a while and you used to be amazing. It seems that your system has been 'off' for a while now. Change in market conditions?

cheers

No offence taken, Volatility has been a problem since summer mainly on the US indices where it increases for a few days then goes back to normal for a few days this throws calc out

Slippers still firm on FWs feet

seriously now? longs from yesterday's close are already up +80 :cheesy:

I suggest you go back to reading comic books. Batman & Robin :LOL: :LOL:
After that. Try reading a textbook.
Next try a textbook about trading.
Finally, try and put things together in what we traders like to call "a strategy". :LOL:

Good post FW

New Long board for Crimbo FW ?

I guess this is a short covering rally before the real decline :eek:

Possible but then anythings possible is"nt it :?:

Andy

Attachments

• Santa rally.gif
    Santa rally.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
What a turnout today.

Seems like the boys in their suits are giving themselves an early christmas present.

Just back in. This was never going to be a down day today. We broke resistance pre-market fairly strong.

I bet you were hoping for DC's prediction of a big down day today to come right!

When everybody thinks of shorting (or is already short), it must go up :)

No offence taken, Volatility has been a problem since summer mainly on the US indices where it increases for a few days then goes back to normal for a few days this throws calc out

For as long as they existed, markets have always moved between periods of low volatility and periods of higher volatility. Range expansion versus range contraction. Ranging day versus trending day. I can't see anything special about that.

As we all know: "tops are violent and lows are church mice. Markets form their tops in violence; markets form their lows in quiet conditions."