Dow 2007

Damm I hate it when that happens, Im now looking for an inside day tomorrow the FTSE can take it down the DOW can pull it back up, for me the DOW Dec futures must not go above todays high this will enable the high to come early Monday and the pattern to hold

bounced from here nicely eh :LOL: .

at long term support here.

monthly_spx.gif

fwiw normally i would be v.bullish for new highs here, but with nfp and fed next week caution required. volume low on this rally and although the volatility has been squeezed, its still higher than previous rallies in this bull. at t/l res now, aswell as potential bear div on 60 min. if we start trading below 1490 cash tomorrow then the failed invh&s comes into play etc .......... good trading all

The best time to be wrong is ...

... when your position is flat!
I will wait until I see a signal that the direction has changed before I open a short.

Dinos - Thanks for the encouragement.

smbtnt - Is it a coincidence your suggestion of 690 is a 66% retrace of the BIG move recently ;) ? I will be eyeing that number.

smbtnt - Is it a coincidence your suggestion of 690 is a 66% retrace of the BIG move recently ;) ? I will be eyeing that number.

Well I like to bandy a few figures once in a while - just to wake up the snoring bears...

The Dow index devours fibs so I would not be surprised....

Hoping tomorrow is not as lacklustre as recent NFP days...

Good luck all.

Hi dc2000

Not from me Dc

I for one would only be interested in how you manage risk, I just can not see how you do with my limited experience thats all :?:

Andy

daytrade scalps risk a small percentage of capital, positional trades are given room to move this is calculated on entry at the mo that would be 1.9% dow index value, hedging positions in different markets and in the same market with different expiry is also a tool I use and long futures with put option

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr I see, thank you

daytrade scalps risk a small percentage of capital, positional trades are given room to move this is calculated on entry at the mo that would be 1.9% dow index value, hedging positions in different markets and in the same market with different expiry is also a tool I use and long futures with put option

Hi DC

Thanks DC for your answer, I think :eek: refer to manual pg123 sec b app 48 :LOL:

I see :eek: :confused: whole different ball park e"rrrr parks

Think I will stay where I am, was just wondering thats all :LOL:

Back to the ftse or the little Park on this side of the pond for me.

Think I will have another go on the Swings, :p

Good to see the Dow threads its old self, must have been all that sub-prime business spilling over into everything I guess and fouling up the works.

good trading everyone

Andy

was expecting to break 13700 in pre-market.... but the job data related action to 13650 seems to lack conviction... will be an interesting day today!

Thankyou for your post Houdani its nice to see level headed post

Whilst I havnt lost any sleep over recent posts it has made me question why I have an affinity to T2W maybe Ive just chosen the wrong thread to post on it seems to have aquired its own set of rules on what can be posted.

Im sure a hit of 13680 today or tomorrow would produce a flurry of "how are your shorts now" posts

Why not create a 'swingin the Dow' thread? Not everyone is into taking 10 pts off it here and there.

Lot of sellers appearing on the YM at this level - must break through with some gusto now otherwise I can see the faders reappearing...

Lot of sellers appearing on the YM at this level - must break through with some gusto now otherwise I can see the faders reappearing...

look at the NQ... even more so strong sellers... huge resistance there for the moment
let's see how far we go down... if not much, that might mean "resistance is futile" :)