Dow 2007

need not to validate any claims. no darth vader needed, just a chart in front of your eyes, but well, each to their own..took ya a couple of days to see the shorts :rolleyes:

anyway, catcha later bo

fwiw... I have made 4 shorts and 3 longs in the last three trading days. All of which profitable. But I normally don't feel the need to prove that to anybody else, other than myself.

Each to their own yes... I don't feel the pain if another trader is on the wrong side of a trade and manages to turn it around. Good for you. But don't act as if your position is the only right one. In November the DOW swung at least 100 points in each direction each day. Money is to be made on both short and long trades.

All I'm saying, next time you make a claim like "13005 at Tuesday 5pm", try to back it up with something other than ":p". We might all learn something from it.

Dow didn't close anywhere near where many people anticipated, like 13100, or even 13000.
That shouldn't surprise you really. More likely, the market will move lower in the next couple of days and they will tell you the "timing" was a bit off (what else is new?).

Why is this?
Because trading is not about predicting. Read my signature.

What would people say about the next few days?
Seriously, you still want to ask the same question? :|

"He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger."- Confucius

I never thought that the prices will drop over the next couple of days.
I would have thought there are not enough sellers to cause the downfall, as expected earlier.

I would have thought there are not enough sellers to cause the downfall, as expected earlier.

You should be open to every possibility. Each day you should start fresh, without bias.
Trade what you see, not what you think.

As for a downfall, absence of buying pressure can cause price to fall on it's own.

still holding my shorts from last week average 13243, so i am only down 14 points average for the hold position, which is a vast improvement. still looking for a daily close below 13243.

That shouldn't surprise you really. More likely, the market will move lower in the next couple of days and they will tell you the "timing" was a bit off (what else is new?).

Because trading is not about predicting. Read my signature.

Seriously, you still want to ask the same question? :|

"He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger."- Confucius

FW I see you have chosen to quote a post of mine from last night and not the updated one I posted this afternoon talk about putting a spin on things

And all this trade what you see and dont predict is horse **** for a novice all this means is he or she will get caught as the market bounces around much better to be aware before the market opens of a price you would be willing to buy or sell at

The market has only moved sideways over the past 4 - 5 days, why would this be alarming to any bulls?

Up to now it's just bump, and not so much run.

FW I see you have chosen to quote a post of mine from last night and not the updated one I posted this afternoon talk about putting a spin on things

And all this trade what you see and dont predict is horse **** for a novice all this means is he or she will get caught as the market bounces around much better to be aware before the market opens of a price you would be willing to buy or sell at

I would love to add something but i cant.....so hat off...love the reply.

well, only thing i would say, is that a textbook is only as good as the editor :LOL:

with todays price action I will be looking for the DOW to hit 13102 tomorrow where I expect short covering into Thursday
The FTSE still looking to hit 206 expecting some cover volume at 258

All I'm saying, next time you make a claim like "13005 at Tuesday 5pm", try to back it up with something other than ":p". We might all learn something from it.

ROFLMAO :LOL: ....you say you cant be a teacher and now you are looking for learning :LOL:

sorry, cant resist :LOL:

catcha laters bo :LOL:

If the novice knows what he or she is looking for, the novice will have no trouble finding it in real time, by seeing price action either confirm what he/she was expecting to happen. There's no way to get caught offside. In the worst case scenario his stops will protect him from damaging his account.

The only horse**** aka mumbojumbo I've seen around here lately, all calls falling from the sky with numbers attached to them with no meaning whatsoever.

Might as well wait for a x-mas miracle.

As I said repeatedly in the past - and nothing has changed - I've yet to see anyone make calls that come even remotely close to being accurate.

Except of course for the one I made today regarding the close. :cool: :LOL:

If you don't like to post calls that are too far ahead in the future, then don't.
But don't hide behind excuses.

A true warrior admits defeat.

It takes a smart man to recognize a wise man and a smarter one to learn from him.

OK boy,

you have been taught how to short a head, and you didnt see it.

you were taught how to exit at a neck, and you didnt see it

you were taught how to short a potential shoulder, and you came up with your bull....t of your top call of the day. you didnt keep your short.

right, what else do you want me to teach you :eek:

TTFN son :LOL:

ROFLMAO again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

OK, ego boy, you got your thread back. I understand what is the problem now :LOL:

TT sonnie :LOL:

This very post underlines the fact that you don't.

If you can't stand the heat of getting confronted with failure in public, you probably shouldn't be shouting so loud.

OK boy,

you have been taught how to short a head, and you didnt see it.

you were taught how to exit at a neck, and you didnt see it

you were taught how to short a potential shoulder, and you came up with your bull....t of your top call of the day. you didnt keep your short.

right, what else do you want me to teach you :eek:

TTFN son :LOL:

Lol, try to get your facts straight (for a change). You've been in one trade, holding over the weekend, then thinking of scalping long but reconsidering in the face of adversity.

Today you exited half your position much too early, while I managed to catch the whole daily range on a single trade. I kept my short till the EOD as I said I would before (I never hold overnights).

The plan had been lay out for you in advance, stop & target clearly defined. Not some jumping around, changing stops & exits because the predictions/projections suddenly happened to be "off schedule" :rolleyes:

Or wait... next thing you're going to tell me is that 13005 was a typo :LOL: :LOL:

it aint a typo my son, :cheesy: 3010 stands you got it right....and no changing of stops.....i told ya....short a head, exit at a neckline, call the shoulder (which by the way, you call a failed scalp...and on which ironically you enter :rolleyes: :LOL: ) then call a penguin, then call a key time, then here we are...you will go long tomorrow on a bounce off 3340 and i will take your stop :cheesy:

do i also got to teach you where to go long :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i rest my case.....have fun with your textbook "after the fact" trading :LOL:

catch ya never, textbook boy....you are back on ignore as of now. :LOL:

oh, keep up the textbook work :LOL:

yours untruly :p