Dow 2007

For as long as they existed, markets have always moved between periods of low volatility and periods of higher volatility. Range expansion versus range contraction. Ranging day versus trending day. I can't see anything special about that.

You wouldnt but then you have only been trading for 6, 8 or is it 12 months still you seem to have the grasp of posting an overnight victory without posting the trade entry and comming up with some ETF BS

feel free to find a proverb in response to put in your sig

You wouldnt but then you have only been trading for 6, 8 or is it 12 months still you seem to have the grasp of posting an overnight victory without posting the trade entry and comming up with some ETF BS

:LOL: not going to go down that road again. I've got nothing left to proof :)

Btw, how's the "BIG SALE" going :LOL: looks like you're at least 60-70 points short from where the market is now... ouch again...

No offence taken, Volatility has been a problem since summer mainly on the US indices where it increases for a few days then goes back to normal for a few days this throws calc out

as for this post... THIS is exactly what I meant earlier on by EXCUSES...

goodnight

PSML :LOL:

right, holiday now, TT Firetalker :LOL:

edit: Hey, DC, clearly not you ....you walk the talk instead of talking the walk :LOL:

:LOL: not going to go down that road again. I've got nothing left to proof :)

Btw, how's the "BIG SALE" going :LOL: looks like you're at least 60-70 points short from where the market is now... ouch again...

as for this post... THIS is exactly what I meant earlier on by EXCUSES...

goodnight

The "BIG SALE"?:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: He's had to sell his house, mate!

He's made it onto the, 'Margin Men', most wanted top 10!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Side Splittin stuff!

PSML :LOL:

right, holiday now, TT Firetalker :LOL:

edit: Hey, DC, clearly not you ....you walk the talk instead of talking the walk :LOL:

Holiday? with the H from...Hilarious?? :LOL: :LOL:
Or should I say no more money left to trade :LOL:

How are those shorts from last week feeling?
Pretty comfy? :rolleyes:

I'm going to bed now... thanks for providing us with so much laughter :LOL:

The "BIG SALE"?:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: He's had to sell his house, mate!

He's made it onto the, 'Margin Men', most wanted top 10!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Side Splittin stuff!

hey Paul, he can't help it, a storm might have damaged it
you know what they say about the weather... quite... UNPREDICTABLE :LOL:

More detail if you have a beaf

you should learn to read....no wonder you cant understand a textbook....of all people....you a textbook boy

all exits posted previous to the fact.

i am tired of having a chat with a BB self proclaimed master trader as you. so, i think it is time for me to leave your ego land alone to yourself, where all the other firetalkers see you as a master-after-the-fact-trader

you got a big ego FIRETALKER

Hi K the shark gif

"i am tired of having a chat with a BB self proclaimed master trader as you"

well first I can"t spell but I am sure its a big I not a little i, or perhaps not :LOL: :LOL:

FW as never put himself forward as a master trader.

Before you clowns turned up he posted a couple of trades a day no more than a minute or two after entry with no real comment attached to them.

When posted regards them he posted back promptly, in my experience anyway.

Advice offered from time to time by FW to other board members was basic good advice only IMO nothing more.

Live trades, I for one only notice them, I have my own method I use on ftse only and am not a bit interested in trading the Dow.

Posted trades by FW appear ok to me, usually 1 or 2 trades and 1 or 2 exits.

Perhaps you could be a little more specific and clear the problem up :confused:

As per FW"s posts

They do not contain wild estimates of where the market will be at the next full moon or 19:00 GMT.

Andy

Last edited:
hello all, havent posted on these boards for a while and not taking sides but i remember dc2000 from the old dow and fx threads and the guy made quite a few astonishingly accurate calls and was always fairly open and polite in his posting,he does have an unorthodox style but it clearly worked for him,no style or system is infallible and everyone will suffer periods of drawdown and bad patches such is the ever changing market environment,i dont think you can hang the man out with the washing coz of a jittery few weeks lol.like i said not taking sides just dont like seeing threads flushed down the loo coz of personal sniping and one-up manship.

Thankyou for your post Houdani its nice to see level headed post

Whilst I havnt lost any sleep over recent posts it has made me question why I have an affinity to T2W maybe Ive just chosen the wrong thread to post on it seems to have aquired its own set of rules on what can be posted.

Im sure a hit of 13680 today or tomorrow would produce a flurry of "how are your shorts now" posts

Not from me Dc2000

Thankyou for your post Houdani its nice to see level headed post

Whilst I havnt lost any sleep over recent posts it has made me question why I have an affinity to T2W maybe Ive just chosen the wrong thread to post on it seems to have aquired its own set of rules on what can be posted.

Im sure a hit of 13680 today or tomorrow would produce a flurry of "how are your shorts now" posts

Hi dc2000

Not from me Dc

I for one would only be interested in how you manage risk, I just can not see how you do with my limited experience thats all :?:

You obviously must if they are real trades

You post targets and trades and opinions thats great IMO it would just offer more in sight to your method for us traders less able if more was known regards how you manage risk thats all and how you go about settting those targets.

The last few weeks have got out of hand IMO and I think it all started with Stop placement or the lack of them posts.

Your trading and method is obviously your own affair and business but reasonable questions to yours and any other posts posted on the thread must be good IMO and expected.

As I stated previously FW used to only post a couple of simple trades and exits per day and join in with a bit of banter on the thread.

Anyone interested in FW"s trades could check location on chart and time posted and post Fw who gave a quick response, I certainly did not like every trade location he posted but I could see pretty quick without the benefit of volume at the time is probable reasons for taking the trade.

Hope recent :devilish: :devilish: over anyway, its a good thread even if you don"t trade the Dow.

trade well all

Andy

DC1... I have been reading your posts since a long time now so no chance of any stupid comments coming from my side!

If nothing else this is a lesson in only going by your own analysis.
I think FW was concerned for newbies who might be taking DC's calls as gospel. As you can see, he is very much as prone to making terrible calls as anyone else! Nothing personal though. He is always polite and respectful and I dont have a problem with him.

a bit of dora the explora find the map find the map

could it be that your map from post #8663 (see below) was inverted?

PS: this is NOT meant sarcastic. If you know Tom Hougaard, you'll know what I mean.

Attachments

• new week.JPG
    new week.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 134
Well my santa clause came - I was looking for 13570 and I'm out now.

I think we will close today around 13580 and tomorrow make a quick break over 13600 and start the long slide down.

This is based on a 50 day moving average, and the fact we've climed so far so quickly over the last few days.

Any views.

(I think my first post was lost in the melee 2 days ago, and I am shamefacedly ignoring my suggestion we would hit 13000 first :eek: , but I'm still new to this).

Postman.

could it be that your map from post #8663 (see below) was inverted?

PS: this is NOT meant sarcastic. If you know Tom Hougaard, you'll know what I mean.

I do know Tom this week we have had a three day counter which is ok the map will go forward to next week and only valid for then I could really do with the 680 today to confirm this

Direction

Hi Postman

Good trading and enjoy your profits, I follow the trend of the 50 MA, and it has become a very reliable source of directional confirmation for me, I trade only in the direction of that trend, whether it be long or short, I don't really care. I'm don't reaaly care whether it wants to go north or south, I will follow accordingly and take trades only in the direction of the trend and ignore trades that go against the trend, simply because if I get the entry wrong, I have a good chance of exiting the trade unscathed, if I trade against the trend, I could get hammered.

Follow the 50 my friend, trade with it and you will continue to rake in the money, well done.