Dow 2007

Omg!!!!!!

I think I know how Alan Smith (Man Utd) feels... :LOL: :LOL:

Alan Smith left the greatest club in the world in August. I wondered why I hadn't heard his name in the commentary ...............:eek: :eek: Obviously tired of keeping the bench warm.
Alan if you're reading this sorry mate ......

You never know ? I bet we have quite a few Celebs behind all these weird nicks :)

Last edited:
not a bad call :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wonder how many times you make those calls :rolleyes:

I don't need to in order to make money...

If anything, I was much more impressed by the "676 call" (post #7737) then by the closing call. No harm or disrespect versus dc2000 intended, on the contrary: I'll be all ears when he explains his 676 call :)

but as for the EOD call...

not a bad call :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wonder how many times you make those calls :rolleyes:

My target would've been 13580, which is even closer than 598. Don't know about yours, but on my cash INDU chart price closed at 13561.

Seriously: as we broke support my projected target was the daily range (~200) +10%, which would make that 13580. Nothing magical about that ;)

You might want to take a look at several attached charts. Obviously I picked some of the best examples to illustrate what I am saying. But I didn't have to look very far... these are charts from last two weeks alone. If one were to think of targets, he would not have thought of exiting before that price level was attained and guaranteed himself the best possible means of staying in the move as long as possible.

As for all the smaller ranging days in between, there wouldn't have been a reason to exit. Furthermore, in days where S/R gets breached decisively (like yesterday), probabilities favour a move that extends to the daily range +/- 10%, often projected from the initial breakpoint.

But enough about how I trade for now, please enlighten me, how do you determine your exits?

Attachments

• ym_1031.jpg
    ym_1031.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 132
  • ym_1025.jpg
    ym_1025.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 124
  • ym_1024.jpg
    ym_1024.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 122
  • ym_1022.jpg
    ym_1022.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 123
  • ym_1019.jpg
    ym_1019.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 120
  • ym_1017.jpg
    ym_1017.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 117
  • ym_1015.jpg
    ym_1015.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 112
I'm easily pleased...

I'm glad to hear from Dc..... or any other trader just to find out what they're thinking and how they see the markets. Anything else is a bonus.

Dc shared his roadmap with us and for me he was bang on .... I'm not looking for calls to be perfect.... 676 was in the zone. As for call just after 7pm - that was something very special.

After a 150+ move, where the dow "actually" closed is ......... !!

I'm hoping DC and our other Top Traders continue to share their views/strats.... for the benefit of lesser traders like myself....

:D

On oil things are going well and now would like to see a positive test of 9400/9420 to dream of new highs today.
Not a dead cert but we are progressing well.........

Nice One

things are looking bleak for the banks...if APPL,RIMM,GOOG and MSFT break down it's hold onto your helmets.......

PS.....that's crash helmets obviously...:LOL:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...x?guid={54AAACF8-4CCF-4449-B886-E731C3D89B80}

Schroders' Andy Brough reckons we should be glad if we see ftse 6300/6400 by year end
but to banking issues. More choppy markets ahead........

As for your tech high fliers ...hopefully they will wait for me to get on board before flying south for the winter :LOL: As if.......

Steve - have you had a look at FNM delayed re-action ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nymex - well we now have a bit of a base above the zone mentioned previously - but I'm nervous.
A "nice" century under my belt.... I would like to wait for potential new highs above 96.00 but you never go broke on a profit.... moved my stop to 94.20 tight but hey......

Hi HS,
just had a look at FNM.....appears to be on it's way to $45...which is summer 06 lows ..:LOL:

53.91 needs to break today to confirm on the weekly

Magic

Hi HS,
just had a look at FNM.....appears to be on it's way to $45...which is summer 06 lows ..:LOL:

Cheers Steve....... hopefully this bounce will allow me to start to build the position :D
Whilst waiting for Mr Softy to get the memo. Probly use the other sexy techs as guide to play the Naz..... easier on the old pacemaker... :LOL:

" nothing changed in thinking over here currently waiting for FTSE Dec futures to fill gap and allow a move lower traders over here will start sellin 688 to 712 area"

Tough game sometimes

I got kicked out of my oil position as some **** spiked the price through my stop B4 the jobs numbers... out with a ton (102) But now no position and oil may still go to $96.00+.

I feel a bit robbed despite the profit ......... I should walk away and find something else - just like when one gets unceremoniously "dumped" .... kind of an empty feeling - I know I know it's only a game :cheesy:

Price is now back to where I got stopped out - but must keep bad habits at bay
Hook Just say NO! Louder.... :LOL:

Dow got trashed into the bell and I sold out of my S&p futs position before the NFP - and the spike down ....! As I said I love when prices are "extended" going into a news day - often it brings a very low risk profit ...Oh heck I'm starting to sound like Stocktiger...! stocktiger.com for those who don't know what I mean.... he's fun...

So sort of a repeat of Tues/Wed really ..... :LOL:

And......... there's still the regular sesh to come ........

Thank$ 4 $econd opinion....

Hi HS,

Climbed in a tad over 54 (bit slow) and as you probably know they FELL yay
- now free trade :LOL:

Climbed in a tad over 54 (bit slow) and as you probably know they FELL yay
- now free trade :LOL:

LVS and WYNN getting smashed as thought....

Also if 1489 is broken on SPX I have targets of 1466 and then 1426....thats roughly 13200 and then 12900 Dow cash

maybe this is why.....:rolleyes:

Ndx ? Looks like euro/$ or Aussie/$ to me or was it Oil or Gold just not sure :LOL:

Translated: that means today is probably a buy opp around 2180 espesh with that double btm.... if it holds!

Last edited: