Dow 2007

Can I quote you ?

Dow is toast.....even weaker than I thought...cant stay above 15/8 high and last 3 days we've had declining volume.....put your tin hats back on....
Signs are not good ....any number of them are bad....
But we're still holding in there fightin' it out ......... I'm currently -ve to neutral cos
stuff happens.... :cheesy:

The world and his wife now knows about wall at 13200 so maybe The Lads will turn bears into toast ... just maybe mind... :cheesy:

I cut that long for a very few points, then I went short at 13200 cash:cool:
but of course I only took 10 points .. and now look at it:rolleyes:

I made the same mistake. I covered at the high, sold again, and got out for +10. Pretty terrible really. The volatility is gone and this market is getting extremely choppy. I was up on Monday, didn't trade yesterday, and I've just had my first losing day in awhile today.

Long overdue losing day today - net -84 pips. Overtraded. Didn't apply my strategy properly. I see we are back to the mild choppy days beloved by MMs. Looking into the forex more and more - I seem to be better at position trading that. Every time I try to trade the Dow I end up holding for less than 5 minutes unless the market is virtually screaming at me to hold by giving me another pip every 10 seconds or so. I appear to have annoyed at least one spreadbetting firm trading in this way, so I need to become better at position trading, and that may mean picking markets which trend better (ie Yen pairs).

Pretty boring day in short, and a long overdue loss here. I'm now down 64 pips on the week, and I didn't even trade at all yesterday. I am beginning to lose my enthusiasm for the markets - I have had the best results in my year of trading over the last six weeks, and now I'm losing interest and giving it back...perhaps I need to find something else to focus on - the markets will still be here when I get back from that.

I almost booked myself a long weekend break to George Town the other day, but decided not to after Hurricane Dean was reported, so perhaps my luck is still holding. Nevertheless, I could do with a holiday after spending the best part of 14 hours a day watching the market every trading day for several months, and using my weekends to study charts and price patterns!

Any suggestions for a destination for a quick weekend break? (perhaps Friday-Monday)

Long overdue losing day today - net -84 pips. Overtraded. Didn't apply my strategy properly. I see we are back to the mild choppy days beloved by MMs. Looking into the forex more and more - I seem to be better at position trading that. Every time I try to trade the Dow I end up holding for less than 5 minutes unless the market is virtually screaming at me to hold by giving me another pip every 10 seconds or so. I appear to have annoyed at least one spreadbetting firm trading in this way, so I need to become better at position trading, and that may mean picking markets which trend better (ie Yen pairs).

Pretty boring day in short, and a long overdue loss here. I'm now down 64 pips on the week, and I didn't even trade at all yesterday. I am beginning to lose my enthusiasm for the markets - I have had the best results in my year of trading over the last six weeks, and now I'm losing interest and giving it back...perhaps I need to find something else to focus on - the markets will still be here when I get back from that.

I almost booked myself a long weekend break to George Town the other day, but decided not to after Hurricane Dean was reported, so perhaps my luck is still holding. Nevertheless, I could do with a holiday after spending the best part of 14 hours a day watching the market every trading day for several months, and using my weekends to study charts and price patterns!

Any suggestions for a destination for a quick weekend break? (perhaps Friday-Monday)

Hi LL, are you sure this is not because the DOW has risen as opposed to falling some time?

I think this bounce is will be short lived. Might touch 13300 :rolleyes: Still feeling shortish. Not a convincing bounce for my liking.

Gold might be worth a long punt at the mo. Watch this space... :eek: :rolleyes:

Hi LL, are you sure this is not because the DOW has risen as opposed to falling some time?

I think this bounce is will be short lived. Might touch 13300 :rolleyes: Still feeling shortish. Not a convincing bounce for my liking.

Gold might be worth a long punt at the mo. Watch this space... :eek: :rolleyes:

My only winning trades today were shorts! I faded most of the breakouts as soon as they lost steam (watching the order book), but only took 5-10 pips net each time. Not good. I think I need to look into more markets - the Dow is killing me these days!

i just scalped away YM today taking 10pts on each trade, had about 60pts today.

Just out of curiosity?

Whats the difference between having your charts on 1,2,3,5,10,15mins etc to having your chart on ticks, like 150,120?

Just out of curiosity?

Whats the difference between having your charts on 1,2,3,5,10,15mins etc to having your chart on ticks, like 150,120?

How many seconds does a tick make? :cheesy:

Just out of curiosity?

Hi Kevin21,

A tick chart is not based on the passage of time but rather the number of ticks per bar.

The concept of removing time from price bars is the same with, for example, Point and Figure charts.

In my case, I normally look at 30 min charts but I will sometimes look at a 144 tick chart.

Hope this helps

Fibonelli

so how are do they relate round abouts? For example a 120tick graph, how would that compare to a graph in mins, or is it a non starter comparing?

Same here, but I only accumulated 26 points and mine are only worth a quid. better than yesterday though, so that could be viewed by an eternal optimist as progress :cool:

i ain't arsed if things stay like this. I put my mozart on and wait for my signals to match on 2 and 5min and take a few points with 10 contracts. Just looking at some other settings on todays graph and i only had two trades with them. I only take 10pts per trade when scalping, so would of been 20pts. If you only trade 5 contracts and just take 20pts a day then it's still 1250 quid a week....

Bad luck Lurker,
I wonder if the company I am with (you are familiar with them;) ) will start to object to my style of trading, I had one trade complete in one minute today and I would do it again:cheesy:

your dedication and hard work worries me slightly, how many books have you read that have helped with your trading? I wonder if it is all just noise and marketing. How many indicators have you tested that have proved to be duds. I've still got all this to do:cry: :LOL:

i ain't arsed if things stay like this. I put my mozart on and wait for my signals to match on 2 and 5min and take a few points with 10 contracts. Just looking at some other settings on todays graph and i only had two trades with them. I only take 10pts per trade when scalping, so would of been 20pts. If you only trade 5 contracts and just take 20pts a day then it's still 1250 quid a week....

you are a legend already:cool: signals matching in different time frames eh? I take a look at that cheers

For me to go on a trade, all my signals have to line up. If they line up on both 2mins and 5mins at the same time then i find that it's an extremely strong trade. Thats for american emini's tho...