Dow 2007

Thanks, looks like a pretty calm day here on the boards...

Time for an announcement then:

Unfortunately (or fortunately for some?) you won't be seeing much of me the next couple of months (probably till October) as I will be working on a project in August and am taking a couple of weeks of holiday in September. I might pop in to see how things are going every now and then. In the meantime I'm sure the other skillful members and -not yet so skillful but soon to be-traders will keep this forum running and engage in interesting conversation which I'll be glad to read up on once I get back in town.

Good trading, good luck and chat later.

PS: Don't worry, I probably won't be able to resist the temptation to post now and then in the nightly hours :p

What you working on FW ?
cv

Hi Guys

Couldn't resist popping in after the last few days market activity, resisted trading, but my missus is away shopping (Gulp) tomorrow, so better have a go at making a bob or two to fund her spending!!!!

Will come upto speed on postings, charts and will be trading Tuesday.

V Briefly, Lurker, amazing what a few weeks can do, brilliant sir.

Firewalker, hope project goes well and enjoy you rest.

Tricks, hopefully, will be in touch this week.

Looks like there has been some excellent trading recently, shame I couldn't join in?

speak tomorrow

Hi Dinos nice seeing you again, hope you are enjoying your holidays :)

You can take over from me starting tomorrow :LOL:

FW, Anything exciting and anywhere exotic?

I'm only here for 1 day only though

What you working on FW ?
cv

Hi cv,

Two years ago I followed an additional master course as I was thinking of getting a Ph.D. on top of my applied economics degree. I never managed to finish my thesis as I kept postponing it whilst I was working fulltime and following this course after-hours (those were the days, getting up before 6 and coming home at 23hours).

After I quit my job, trading got in the way. But now I want to finish what I started because I did all the studying and hard work then and all I need to do now is write the thesis and make the presentation. In case you are interested -but I doubt it lol- it's titled "A quantitive analysis of human behaviour towards electronic governance from a demand perspective" (sorry for the crappy translation from Dutch :confused:).

Most of you might be wondering why on earth would you want to do that if you can trade. I know you're right... but I've tried trading in the morning and working in the afternoon but I just couldn't resist the temptation.

So now I've restricted myself to no trading access for a month and let's get this thing over and done with :) Besides the points gained in the last week on my trades are almost what I make in a whole month.

FW, Anything exciting and anywhere exotic?

I'm only here for 1 day only though

Sorry to disappoint you, it's nothing of that kind... I wish hehe...

What did you think, that I was going to run a club of female pole dansers? :LOL:
now the thought had crossed my mind :cheesy:

Hi cv,

Two years ago I followed an additional master course as I was thinking of getting a Ph.D. on top of my applied economics degree. I never managed to finish my thesis as I kept postponing it whilst I was working fulltime and following this course after-hours (those were the days, getting up before 6 and coming home at 23hours).

After I quit my job, trading got in the way. But now I want to finish what I started because I did all the studying and hard work then and all I need to do now is write the thesis and make the presentation. In case you are interested -but I doubt it lol- it's titled "A quantitive analysis of human behaviour towards electronic governance from a demand perspective" (sorry for the crappy translation from Dutch :confused:).

Most of you might be wondering why on earth would you want to do that if you can trade. I know you're right... but I've tried trading in the morning and working in the afternoon but I just couldn't resist the temptation.

So now I've restricted myself to no trading access for a month and let's get this thing over and done with :) Besides the points gained in the last week on my trades are almost what I make in a whole month.

Hey FW, it's a worthy thing your doing...hope it goes well

cv

Hi cv,

Er.............well - enjoy !

What did you make last week in terms of points FW ? And over which marlets if I may ask ? :LOL:

Er.............well - enjoy !

What did you make last week in terms of points FW ? And over which marlets if I may ask ? :LOL:

The 'enjoy' part will probably have to wait until September, will probably be going to Italy then, not sure yet. Depends how hot it is and how much forests the mob is putting on fire :confused:

I'm sure others make more points than me, but I only have about 50 points as a daily target so that's about 1000 a month and last week I made 950 :)

Looks like I closed my long too early today, business as usual there leaving profits on the table!

Hey FW, it's a worthy thing your doing...hope it goes well

cv

Thanks cv, have to tell you though it takes a lot of energy and motivation if you know you could be making money all day instead of doing that. But I consider it to be part of the personal development. Besides, I haven't had a break (longer then three days) from trading since over 16 months.

Icarus complex......

Sp futs came within a sniff of 95 and fell down lovely shot .....
96 was the pop and drop on friday so it was one to watch ... as you probably know.

On the dow I'm looking at 520 cash first IF we get some more...

Edit: We almost hit 96 .... nearish to fibbo rez too

Last edited:
FW, if it turns out pole dancing, give me call, I'll join you!!!!!!!!!.

Good luck with the Thesis, I completed my Masters in Business Management some 15 years ago, I remember how hard and time comsuming it was then, I'm sure thing have changed since then, so I can see why you need the month off.

I'll get back to you later today regarding the other.

Enjoy your holiday and return refreshed

Regards

:LOL:
FW, if it turns out pole dancing, give me call, I'll join you!!!!!!!!!.

Good luck with the Thesis, I completed my Masters in Business Management some 15 years ago, I remember how hard and time comsuming it was then, I'm sure thing have changed since then, so I can see why you need the month off.

I'll get back to you later today regarding the other.

Enjoy your holiday and return refreshed

Regards
All these brainy people where do they all come from ...........?
as the Beatles might have sung .......

Hookshot, not sure about brainy, my wife did it first, so not to be outdone, I thought I'll give it a go, mind you did hnelp with my job at the time

Hookshot, not sure about brainy, my wife did it first, so not to be outdone, I thought I'll give it a go, mind you did hnelp with my job at the time
Dinos only kidding... The sarcastic opportunity was just too good to pass up..
just like shorting dow 13500... nearish enough to 13520 :cheesy:

All the best