Dow 2007

+9 there. Didn't see very much strength and wasn't letting that become a loss. That went against me -15 before I covered it.

Although your results are improving, I'm still getting the impression you are posting a trade with stop & target in place but are changing your thoughts about the trades minutes later... :|

Sticking to your predefined targets isn't always easy, but it will pay off in the end.

Although your results are improving, I'm still getting the impression you are posting a trade with stop & target in place but are changing your thoughts about the trades minutes later... :|

Sticking to your predefined targets isn't always easy, but it will pay off in the end.

To be fair it did go against me a substantial amount and then fail to show strength above those levels. Perhaps it would have been wise to stick to that, but I'd prefer a reentry from a decent level rather than holding on to a losing position. I don't like trading over lunchtime doldrums either, so I will be back to take a view later perhaps.

Sometimes I do change my thoughts according to what the market (price) and the order book tells me. For example, on this occasion, I did not believe the target to be realistic and the market was beginning to move sideways. I didn't want to take on downside risk under 13300, so I covered there. I'd consider buying there again, perhaps, but I didn't want to leave those pips on the table. Note I didn't panic an exit at +30, (13320), but instead tried to hold for the next 10 pips. That didn't happen, the reversal was fairly sharp, so I covered.

Long 90 - how I got that price when the market was at 82 I'll never know. Got out of that at a scratch. Strange. Bad fill indeed. Wasn't wanting to be in from that price. Could go either way from here. Sods law says that it goes up 15 the minute I scratch the trade.

Cramer

Two wickets in 3 balls whatz goin' on...... ?

Cramer said Friday his indicators told him to cover all shorts ...... saing you can always put them back on later if you wish after a rally...... lets see.......

He expected a rally within 48hrs of Friday

To be fair it did go against me a substantial amount and then fail to show strength above those levels. Perhaps it would have been wise to stick to that, but I'd prefer a reentry from a decent level rather than holding on to a losing position. I don't like trading over lunchtime doldrums either, so I will be back to take a view later perhaps.

Sometimes I do change my thoughts according to what the market (price) and the order book tells me. For example, on this occasion, I did not believe the target to be realistic and the market was beginning to move sideways. I didn't want to take on downside risk under 13300, so I covered there. I'd consider buying there again, perhaps, but I didn't want to leave those pips on the table. Note I didn't panic an exit at +30, (13320), but instead tried to hold for the next 10 pips. That didn't happen, the reversal was fairly sharp, so I covered.

Well to be fair to you... if you don't believe your target to be realistic you either skip the trade or adjust your entry so you do have a decent risk:reward... no point in second-guessing yourself minutes after you've entered.

By the last dozen of posts you've exited and re-entered very quick afterwards. It seems to me like you are getting emotional because of single bars. I've entered a trade about 30 minutes ago. I didn't even bother to look at it because I have my stop & target in place. If my first target gets hit, the stop will be moved up automatically (or manually if I decide to put in another price)...

It's much less stress if you can just enter a trade and let it run. When you have some decent backtesting and confidence you know what the possibilities for profit/loss are and you let the trade work out itself.

I am not going to stay with WFMI can't go broke by taking profit. I am staying with my ford long taeget 8.50+ stop 7.99

Thanks firewalker. My 4h is going bullish, which means I am not allowed to fade 13380 - looks like I will have to wait for 400 confirmed before going long, or re-enter a lower price with 13380 as a target.

I'm back from my walk, feeling refreshed, and quite happy to keep my +101 pips if I don't see a setup.

I think I'll stay flat from now on. A good day. No clear opportunities here - charts bullish but market high.

I'll maybe take a look above 13380.

Last edited:
Great trading. I'm finished for the day. I need to work on holding targets and not getting shaken out so much.

Your problem actually's got an easy solution:
Enter the trade. Make sure stop & target are set and predetermined. Go for a walk.
Come back and reap the profits. (and obviously the inherent losses too)

Two wickets in 3 balls whatz goin' on...... ?

Cramer said Friday his indicators told him to cover all shorts ...... saing you can always put them back on later if you wish after a rally...... lets see.......

He expected a rally within 48hrs of Friday

I'm definitely on his side as you can see by my longs, backing up this rally :cool:

Fantastic ! :cheesy:

Thanks, looks like a pretty calm day here on the boards...

Time for an announcement then:

Unfortunately (or fortunately for some?) you won't be seeing much of me the next couple of months (probably till October) as I will be working on a project in August and am taking a couple of weeks of holiday in September. I might pop in to see how things are going every now and then. In the meantime I'm sure the other skillful members and -not yet so skillful but soon to be-traders will keep this forum running and engage in interesting conversation which I'll be glad to read up on once I get back in town.

Good trading, good luck and chat later.

PS: Don't worry, I probably won't be able to resist the temptation to post now and then in the nightly hours :p

Hello from the South of France

Hi Guys

Couldn't resist popping in after the last few days market activity, resisted trading, but my missus is away shopping (Gulp) tomorrow, so better have a go at making a bob or two to fund her spending!!!!

Will come upto speed on postings, charts and will be trading Tuesday.

V Briefly, Lurker, amazing what a few weeks can do, brilliant sir.

Firewalker, hope project goes well and enjoy you rest.

Tricks, hopefully, will be in touch this week.

Looks like there has been some excellent trading recently, shame I couldn't join in?

speak tomorrow