Dow 2007

and exit 422. {although i think there will be a bigger bounce up towards the close - but i can't risk it i'm afraid}. :)

Hi everyone,

Gosh, what a drop.

Amazing. It's like as if it is raining pips. :LOL:

Unfortunately, I haven't participated. It's like the crack in the damn burst.

Looks like there is a bounce but don't know if this will continue or drop. Will party and read your bloggs.

Cheers everyone :LOL:

Hi everyone,

Gosh, what a drop.

Amazing. It's like as if it is raining pips. :LOL:

Unfortunately, I haven't participated. It's like the crack in the damn burst.

Looks like there is a bounce but don't know if this will continue or drop. Will party and read your bloggs.

Cheers everyone :LOL:

Shame that you couldn't participate. I know how much you like to see markets plunge ;)

I think the bounce happened at a "obvious" level, hence my anticipation to go long today from 13400 futures price... It was a strong and sharp bounce (the initial reaction after a potential selling climax) and therefore should not continue upwards tomorrow without first testing the bottom in a decent fashion. Disclaimer: in my humble opinion (a bit less humble today then otherwise I'm sorry :)

Shame that you couldn't participate. I know how much you like to see markets plunge ;)

I think the bounce happened at a "obvious" level, hence my anticipation to go long today from 13400 futures price... It was a strong and sharp bounce (the initial reaction after a potential selling climax) and therefore should not continue upwards tomorrow without first testing the bottom in a decent fashion. Disclaimer: in my humble opinion (a bit less humble today then otherwise I'm sorry :)

Very true Firewalker99,

I have been dabbling on the IG competition though. I've turned £10K this month into £39K.

Look at my stats on this page. You may need to scroll down a little.

The problem with CMC I can't trade from a web browser. Hence, I'm far too over cautious in real life. Also, I risk considerably less monies.

May look to sign up with a web based trading platform. Any recommendations by anyone gladly welcomed.

Well done too LL. I hope you took some revenge on the markets and sharpened your trading methods.

Absolutely fantastic delightful day. :LOL: :D :LOL:

Stoped out. I did catch a good run but did not expect dow to come near my target in one day. I will put it down to luck. My target was 13300 in a week or so not in one day.:D

I just took 13 (9 net) out of a move down on that GDP number. Over the phone. My SB firm still haven't sorted out their IT problems, so you need to phone and sit through a "our lines are currently busy" for a few minutes before you can get into (or out of!) a position.

I don't think I'll trade again today. +9 net. 5 winning days in a row. Perhaps I am improving?

I'll finish the paper trading over the weekend. Nice to see we all made some pips at the expense of the "big boys" yesterday. A rare moment - seems I called it a few days early in my "trading the debt crisis" thread which didn't seem to get too many views (link in sig).

Good trading today all!

Long 13520. I'm not happy with it, but I got an entry on the hourly and had to take it. 15m also bullish, but I am still worried.

Stop 20, target 50.

From a personal finance point of view, my opinion is that if you can't pay for it in cash then you can't have it - Obviously exlcuding houses... Like for example, as you all know i like my ferrari's and i'm member of this pistonhead forums. On there a lot of people do have ferrari's and lambo's, but the majority of the cars are financed to the max. Yeah fair enough, a few of them are city traders who finances their toys because they can put 140k to better use then dumping it in a car thats gonna go down in value. A lot of them tho earn 40-50k, have two kids, a mortgage etc, but because the credit is easy to get hold of, they've financed themselves up to their eye balls spending it on crap that they really can't afford.... Thats just one example - nothing like digging a hole for yourself and everyone else involved...

edit to say... too many people are all fur coat and no kickers now days...