Dow 2007

Don't like look of this Dow much .... so looking to make apple crumble,,, around $148 now...

very subtle.....:LOL:

Dow now hit my target from 3 days back....still looking for 1980 NDX which is another 10 or so points down...that should coincide with a retest of 1484 on SPX or Dow 510 ish cash.....

I just took one, and got out when the underlying moved 7 against me for a loss of -11. Net 48 for the day. I think I'll stop here.

That serves me right for taking a counter trend position. I've not done that in days, and have got pips for following the rules.

Covered at 13600. That was a nice trade with a target of +30 which I had just taken, and the market obliged by tanking. Perhaps once again I covered too soon.

They've gone back on telephone dealing again, and I'm flat so no new trades for me while they've done this.

Net +77 pips and pounds.

Brutus

Your absolutely right regarding Atilla 4 hour charts, certainly stress free and my preferred trading method. On my 4 hour set up, my short entry was triggered on 17 July at 12.00 @ 8064, currently up +500 ish, will leave for now and re-check eod unless anyhting major happens:LOL:

Sorry, talking DAX there, wrong thread, sorry

Last edited:
thx brutus, if I may ask how did you determine that target?
several guys here (steve, Hookshot, Atilla, you,...-sorry if I leave out anybody) seem pretty good at pointing out targets. I usually feel pretty good at entries and some are quite early (risky) but usually a nice and early entry. We should work together lol.

low of day on 8th june was 7500 and was big support as it was previously big resistance in early may.

also a falling wedge on the 4 hour chart (the only one i use for meaningfull lines) which was broken down which was broken down (also through good support at 7800. mouth of wedge was 272 points wide minus that from the break at 7800 = 7528.

given that was close to 7500 the low in june and the fact that its a nice big round number....:cheesy: pretty simple i'm not very exact just look for the areas of support / resistance to use for targets. you'll have to ask steve and hs for the precision number stuff:eek:

i'm not cleaver enough:confused: :LOL:

how do you get your intrad day ones fw?...

Brutus

Your absolutely right regarding Atilla 4 hour charts, certainly stress free and my preferred trading method. On my 4 hour set up, my short entry was triggered on 17 July at 12.00 @ 8064, currently up +500 ish, will leave for now and re-check eod unless anyhting major happens:LOL:

Sorry, talking DAX there, wrong thread, sorry

me too same day as you waited for break of 8000 though great trade m8.

how do you get your intrad day ones fw?...

thx for the information

I use price & volume... but my targets are still a bit of a let's say "room for improvement"- point :)

entries based on support/resistance/... yesterday bought potential selling climax and re-test... problem is I usually have pretty good (early) entries so I can put in close stops, but I usually fail to squeeze the maximum of points out of every trade

Short 13641 cover 13637. +4 net of a 4 point spread. Bear in mind that the SB firm buy Dow at 2 tics less than the market and sell at 2 tics more than the market, so +4 represents an 8 point move in the underlying net of the 1 point YM spread (which sometimes widens, I know).

Net +81 for the day.

Sorry I've been sloppy with the timing of posts - I am sure you will all agree that it is more difficult to trade and easier to get distracted when your broker has problems and you need to be on the telephone.

I've just taken another +11 net of spread from 626 down to 615.

This leaves +92 for the day.

Kudos to firewalker99 and Atilla for the pips