Dow 2007

Yeh and remember when he got into citigroup when they had probs.... I think someone said it now yields him well over 80% per annum .....yes 80% plus divis alone ..... you aint gonna get those kind of returns buying brk.a probably...

I know you've mentioned that you're not a value/recovery guy but once these dogs bottom the only way is up all you have to do then is keep moving up your stop... but I'm waffling....

Edit: maybe it was Prince Al Waleed who bought Citigroup ... should have checked it first

Buffett bailed out Salomon Brothers (now a unit of Citigroup).... knew it was something like that...

Brilliant ...........

not relevant to this thread I know but FTSE banging against 200 MA which it has only briefly dipped under 3 times in last 4 years....interesting day ahead...:cool:

Just the sort of thing we expect from your boutique research house :cheesy:
I saw that one too...

Took +1 net of a 4 point spread out of that unemployment number. There was 15 points on the table, and I prematurely covered on a very small bounce. Ouch!

Edit - nice to see the market didn't move all that far from my exit point. US GDP tomorrow will be nice.

FWIW, that was a short entry at 13747. I should have held it and put in a BE stop at +10 (smaller stop because it was a news trade). I should have held because it was in the direction of the trend.

Dax was 600 pts easter....7550 cash that target today...
Yeh we're pretty similar on that watch too....

If in the unlikely event we have a DOW washout like Feb 27th around 550 intraday ~ very roughly we'd be back in the 230/250 sppt zone.........weird

Last edited:
Yeh we're pretty similar on that watch too....

If in the unlikely event we have a DOW washout like Feb 27th around 550 intraday ~ very roughly we'd be back in the 230/250 sppt zone.........weird

considering where Dax and FTSE are at present I'm on the lookout for an early test of perhaps 600 Dow cash and then V shaped reversal.....I'd like to see NDX get down to 1980 also...:rolleyes:

considering where Dax and FTSE are at present I'm on the lookout for an early test of perhaps 600 Dow cash and then V shaped reversal.....I'd like to see NDX get down to 1980 also...:rolleyes:
Agreed once more .... it's great to be flat waiting to pounce I'm all excited ....:p

Why doesn't anyone here trade the ES instead of the YM. I am considering it on the basis of it having more liquidity and being relatively "cheaper" in terms of SB commissions/spreads. Also, if I ever become a large trader, I want to be familiar with position trading a market large enough to absorb more than a dozen or so lots.

Bullish opening as expected, but not a convincing move up. Perhaps this price improvement makes for a good shorting opportunity. 15m charts look like they will soon give a long signal, but I am deferring to the longer timeframes of 1h and 4h which say "short or flat".

In the time it has taken me to type this, I've lost 10 points of a shorting opportunity. I think I will sell 35 if I can get it again. That is a test of the 8 period DEMA on the 1h, and a rejection of it. Short also on a break of LOD.

Why doesn't anyone here trade the ES instead of the YM. I am considering it on the basis of it having more liquidity and being relatively "cheaper" in terms of SB commissions/spreads. Also, if I ever become a large trader, I want to be familiar with position trading a market large enough to absorb more than a dozen or so lots.

LL,
I do...that and Dax is what i position trade....I know it maybe isn't the case but SPX seems less affected by whipsaw...probably my imagination...:LOL:

trade Dow daily coz I like u guys on this thread:LOL: :LOL:

A good question, but a lot of traders do trade the ES, as you can see by the volume that's 10x as much as the YM. This other thread is actually quite active too by the number of views it received:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=14897

One of my favourite instruments is Russell 2000 (ER2), but it's moving over from CME to ICE and I don't know what the consequences will be... hence I'm also taking a look at EMD (S&P-400 mindcap) and indeed the ES as alternatives just in case. For now the EMD lacks volume though.

A good question, but a lot of traders do trade the ES, as you can see by the volume that's 10x as much as the YM. This other thread is actually quite active too by the number of views it received:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=14897

One of my favourite instruments is Russell 2000 (ER2), but it's moving over from CME to ICE and I don't know what the consequences will be... hence I'm also taking a look at EMD (S&P-400 mindcap) and indeed the ES as alternatives just in case. For now the EMD lacks volume though.

I was meaning other people on Trade2Win, and the ES threads never seem as active as YM threads. I'd say better the ES than the EMD, but I hope you can still get the ER okay.

I did a quick short when we broke support a few minutes ago, and covered for +14.

Tried to short 13745 but the market had been put on telephone trading and by the time I was put through on the phone I had to enter it as a limit order as the price had gone down.

Tried to short 13745 but the market had been put on telephone trading and by the time I was put through on the phone I had to enter it as a limit order as the price had gone down.

Well I'm in no rush to enter a trade here... I am sitting on longs from DAX
I have a long from 7615 and 7625, so until those are nicely in profit I will stay flat in YM.