Dow 2007

Tried to short 13745 but the market had been put on telephone trading and by the time I was put through on the phone I had to enter it as a limit order as the price had gone down.

Got that one filled, but as I couldn't keep them on the phone in order that I would be able to close instantly, I bought to cover at the market for +7. Net +29 for the day.

I think I'll stop here. I might trade later once my bucket shop brings their web platform quotes online again.

They took long enough to answer the phone (understandable when everyone calls at once), but I'm not taking 3 minutes of market risk trying to close a position which is moving against me.

Good trading all (especially those of you with real brokers!)

Sold 13726 covered 13720. +6 net of spread. Quite a quick trade there. A little uneasy about dealing with this firm today.

Net +35. A good day so far. I want a huge sell off, and am worried I am going to miss it.

Didn't trade yesterday, and that was actually an up day by the close, despite new lows at 13650. The previous day I managed to take something silly like 2 pips or lose 2 pips despite a decent sized fall. I note you kept going long that day, and I kept pulling in shorts too soon!

I'm seeing a pretty strong bearish gravestone doji forming on the hourlies. I think we've seen the greatest power of the bulls up at 13780, and there will be more downside from here.

Right, I've just sold 13723 and covered at 13701 net of spread. +22. Net +59 for the day!

Not bad for somebody who had to close 1 and open/close 1 trade by phone?

Right, I've just sold 13723 and covered at 13701 net of spread. +22. Net +59 for the day!

looks like there's more to come! you should've left small position open imo...
I just my quotes as it looked like it was on the way DOWn

classic break down, i know this is easy to say with hind sight ll but why not follow the 4 hour system of attillas pretty safe entry short around 900 cash and a reasonable stop above the highs = over 300 points in 2 days :D :D

I'll be eating up my shirt but I just went long DAX 7590 (futures)

edit: note also divergence: dow keeps plunging but dax hanging on ... (and me too :( )

Last edited:
like that fw. right on the support and target for the latest down move, i havent got balls big enough to go in now though.

dow potentially making swing high in weekly at eow?

thx brutus, if I may ask how did you determine that target?
several guys here (steve, Hookshot, Atilla, you,...-sorry if I leave out anybody) seem pretty good at pointing out targets. I usually feel pretty good at entries and some are quite early (risky) but usually a nice and early entry. We should work together lol.

looks like there's more to come! you should've left small position open imo...
I just my quotes as it looked like it was on the way DOWn

I trade the minimum size of £1pp, so I couldn't do that. My target of +20 was hit, so I covered. I should have left a BE stop at this point, and ordinarily would have done, but since the bucket shop are slow to execute limits and stops today, if at all, I couldn't risk a rally to my entry if I had to phone to close. Sorry. Still, +59 for me is a pretty good day. Will be looking for more trades now.

Low of day 30 under the market. Long lower tail on the hourly. How do we all feel about longs from these prices?

I'll be eating up my shirt but I just went long DAX 7590 (futures)

edit: note also divergence: dow keeps plunging but dax hanging on ... (and me too :( )

ok I'm eating a bit already -10 on dax... +25 today on dax
have to admit I was wrong, I thought this was going to held things up :confused: