Dow 2007

yeah and I missed out on a load of points today :rolleyes:

long 13775 fut

I managed +180....hoping to see a test on Dow tomorrow around 600 cash for a long...off now to watch Beckham on TV...see if he can make a prat of himself like his ol lady did last week....:LOL:

I managed +180....hoping to see a test on Dow tomorrow around 600 cash for a long...off now to watch Beckham on TV...see if he can make a prat of himself like his ol lady did last week....:LOL:

+180! Amazing. I'd have +100 had I just left my first great short in there and not panicked over a dozen pips. No idea how tomorrow will go, but I see Yen is climbing strongly against sterling... I wonder what is happening.

Okay, you might have nailed this one close to the LOD, but what is with the longs today?

I know, have to be honest here and didn't exactly follow my own plan either :eek:
was frustrated by not leaving the short on and wanted to scalp some but obviously counter-trend

a temporarily laps in discipline there from my part :eek:

the last one was a true long signal though

+180! Amazing. I'd have +100 had I just left my first great short in there and not panicked over a dozen pips. No idea how tomorrow will go, but I see Yen is climbing strongly against sterling... I wonder what is happening.

not really...went short this morning then just let it ride down to each level....880 on cash was again the turning point which confirmed short was correct.....again it's just having the patience to let go and not play around with things....I could actually have had +250 on that Dow trade if i'd been paying attention...was more interested in where they were quoting Dax for 2row......took +45 off Dax earlier so a good day...

Dow seems a tiny bit toppy - saw it around 820 cash... given my limit :)lol: ) was around 866 +150 for today that seems generous given we have not even opened..

Limit is arbitrary no technical basis...:cheesy:

Quick as a flash..........

Easi Peesi as someone once said......... out but may regret it .......:cheesy:

Now looking for more strength to give him another slap come on rise......

Easi Peesi as someone once said......... out but may regret it .......:cheesy:

I'm flat here too

...just exited my DAX long from this morning... a tad too late probably as I took +30 instead of a possible +70.

Nevertheless, I might need some self-reflecting here as all of my latest trades have been long and the market hasn't actually been showing upside potential :confused:

I'm flat here too

...just exited my DAX long from this morning... a tad too late probably as I took +30 instead of a possible +70.

Nevertheless, I might need some self-reflecting here as all of my latest trades have been long and the market hasn't actually been showing upside potential :confused:

Even a maestro like yourself can have a "lean" run.....relatively
You've still got it I'm sure..:cheesy:

What does puzzle me a bit though your entry is usually spot on but you bail out before the fun's really got started judging from 2k7 trades - I'm a fan actually....

some sell off going on here....my whole screen is red....Dax getting hammered..gold..silver...currencies...Russell 2000 after y'days wipeout now hitting 200 day ma...if that goes as well....

What does puzzle me a bit though your entry is usually spot on but you bail out before the fun's really got started judging from 2k7 trades - I'm a fan actually....

yeah I know... I need to leave those profitable trades open longer, but when I started trading I was heavily scalping and I still prefer to get in and out of a trade rather quickly rather than see those profits evaporate. It does usually mean leaving some points on the table, but I've been reworking and studying my system heavily over the last couple of weeks and plan to implement those changes next month to see how they perform live. I've noticed I could actually come home with a lot less trading hours and just a handful of entries that I leave open till EOD...

some sell off going on here....my whole screen is red....Dax getting hammered..gold..silver...currencies...Russell 2000 after y'days wipeout now hitting 200 day ma...if that goes as well....

I'm long Russell too... (810)
I have to consider this a potential selling climax.
That volume really is massive... guess traders aren't on summer holiday :)

in case anybody's wondering... no I'm not trying to pick the bottom here
I'm long because 13750-13800 is support on daily chart
(or it should be :eek:)

and for the obvious extreme volume on that final very wide spread selling bar... usually indicates professionals are buying and I usually like to be on their side hehe

I'm long Russell too... (810)
I have to consider this a potential selling climax.
That volume really is massive... guess traders aren't on summer holiday :)

if Russell can get back inside y'days low you could be onto a decent trade m8...afraid i ain't got the balls to stand in it's way tho'....:LOL:

if Russell can get back inside y'days low you could be onto a decent trade m8...afraid i ain't got the balls to stand in it's way tho'....:LOL:

you know what they say... when it seems most risky and fear is at it's peak, it's time to buy :)

exited half my position on russell at 814

you know what they say... when it seems most risky and fear is at it's peak, it's time to buy :)

exited half my position on russell at 814

agree...you can look at it that way...personally tho' I like my balls to stay between my legs and not hanging from a flagpole....:LOL: :LOL:

Great trade tho m8...well done...