Dow 2007

Long FW ??.....I've got a buy on the daily and a sell on 15 min...dilema...:LOL:

flat the best option then perhaps?
I'm out with another -10.
Up +10 for today, makes it my worst (but at least still profitable) day from the last 20 days.

Up +10 for today, makes it my worst (but at least still profitable) day from the last 20 days.

I'm down -11, which makes -1 for the week after my +10 yesterday. Bad trading from me today. Further, I should have sold 80 again when I got the chance, but trading so close to EOD makes me nervous.

How many round trips is that, and is it just profitable by a hairs breadth when you add commissions?

We've had a clear trending day down, the trend has been set on the 4h since 4pm, the 1h since premarket, and somehow I've lost 11 pips and firewalker has only made 10. Are we ignoring the trend? I've only taken shorts today, but I've covered all of them prematurely.

I'm down -11, which makes -1 for the week after my +10 yesterday. Bad trading from me today. Further, I should have sold 80 again when I got the chance, but trading so close to EOD makes me nervous.

EOD trading can be the best times...especially last two hours....you can avoid all the noise in the middle....

FW...there's a gap on Dax cash between 7001 and 7752 which hasn't been filled and goes back to 14 June...currently being quoted 7708 cash if interested....:rolleyes:

EOD trading can be the best times...especially last two hours....you can avoid all the noise in the middle....

Good point. I almost had a clear +30 there net of spread. Too slow. Okay, it is "too low to sell" now, and I'm not taking a counter trend buy. Flat it is I think.

Volume curve supports this view also...hard to understand why many traders trading Dow Naz S+P etc pack up at teatime

Ah wait....they must have a life !:LOL:

Volume curve supports this view also...hard to understand why many traders trading Dow Naz S+P etc pack up at teatime

Exactly CV...where the volume comes in makes the moves real and meaningful...all that pushing the market up/down 60 pts midday is to whipsaw the frustrated out...then the big guns enter and snatch all your dough.....follow the volume and you can be fairly sure you're folowing the big guns....

How many round trips is that, and is it just profitable by a hairs breadth when you add commissions?

3 trades, 1 profitable, 2 losing

commissions don't eat up that much really
1 roundtrip is 4,26 USD per lot... 1 point is 5 USD per lot

take for example
you made 10 points using let's assume 5 lots you'd have 10 x 5 x 5 = 250 USD

suppose you only managed those 10 points after making 5 trades
for sure commissions will be big, the likes of 5 trades x 5 lots x 4,26 = 106,5 USD, but that's still net profitable

Good point. I almost had a clear +30 there net of spread. Too slow. Okay, it is "too low to sell" now, and I'm not taking a counter trend buy. Flat it is I think.

The trend last two hours has been constant.....and it's taking another dump here into the close....:rolleyes:

Why didn't I sell when I had the chance at 860, 850, 840, 830, and 800? I got +10 out of 2 quick scalps net of spread with quite low risk, so I am down -2 today and up +8 on the week.

Good trading all!