Dow 2007

don't you just love nice easy days like this lol? i shorted YM 14041. spmib has given me 700pts in one trade lol. Today in total out of two markets i've had two trades and i've netted around 730pts so far. Like i said, nice easy day

From where you shorted YM you would have made 137 points that is, if you got out at the low of the day....Then you made a further 600 points on another market.....You make trading look so easy!!! Kev....and I take it you only 21.....:cheesy:

well i'm still in on my YM trade, it's just hanging about 13900 at the moment. Would i be wrong to say that i sense that a couple of people don't like me here....?

Well, I've had my +46 for today, so that is me for the weekend.

Have a good weekend all.

Firewalker, thanks for the advice, and sorry for falling short again. I hope my re-entry and profit acquits me to some extent.

Atilla - I used your system again today, it gave me +70, and I took +46 from that through my own error. Thanks also for the PM - have a good weekend.

have just got a short signal from my 4hour chart, 1st on this month. lets see where this goes....:devilish:

am off now have a good weekend all.

If it tanks and goes down at least I'll have something to post to you... :cheesy:

i see you have been waiting to post something atilla, so go on, go for the kill :p

seems like the short end of your 50-50 was worth about 99 :LOL:

j

edit: blimey, good i dont trade this market for real. would have been massacred. good call.

Keep it cool Kevin

well i'm still in on my YM trade, it's just hanging about 13900 at the moment. Would i be wrong to say that i sense that a couple of people don't like me here....?

Honestly Kevin! You have let the pips speak from themselves and received compliments and admiration for other traders on these boards. I've seen some very supportive comments on the thread regarding your father, and I think overall you have had positive feedback and generous reputation points.

I'm pretty sure that if people didn't like you they would have said something by now. I too have received support and encouragement, but people have not been shy with sharp comments and criticisms regarding my poor discipline and other trading flaws (some of this was a welcome critique, and I could do with the odd kick in the ****, but others have verged on being rude). I note you have attracted no criticism or harsh comments. Point me to a post where I openly worry about my popularity!

Let the trades speak for themselves. As far as I know, nobody has expressed any view which you could reasonably perceive as dislike. I think that these boards are full of great folk, who are always happy to support and encourage new traders like us. No need to take the thread offtopic like that. Well done on your trades today, you are showing good progress. You are pitting yourself against some of the sharpest minds in the world for profit. Don't forget that, and don't endanger your confidence through self doubt and worrying about the opinions of a few folk who post on a board.

i see you have been waiting to post something atilla, so go on, go for the kill :p

seems like the short end of your 50-50 was worth about 99 :LOL:

j

edit: blimey, good i dont trade this market for real. would have been massacred. good call.

Well, Atilla has shown me his position trading system, which gave a short signal today. I'm pretty sure he would have taken that if he was trading today, and I am sure he has made some pips. Thanks Atilla!

Jacinto, what markets do you usually trade?

have just got a short signal from my 4hour chart, 1st on this month. lets see where this goes....:devilish:

am off now have a good weekend all.

What entry price did you get, where are your stops and targets, and could I ask what chart setup gave you the signal? Good luck with this - I've been out of the market since covering shorts at 13950 (down from 14020, though I didn't get all 70 points). For what it is worth, I think 13900 will hold, and we will see a rally into the close. I'm now quite bearish on the short term, and think we will close below 14000 (futures) next Friday.

Well, Atilla has shown me his position trading system, which gave a short signal today. I'm pretty sure he would have taken that if he was trading today, and I am sure he has made some pips. Thanks Atilla!

Jacinto, what markets do you usually trade?

gbpusd, eurjpy, eurusd, usdchf, eurchf, audjpy, and starting to have a butchers at usdcad, chfjpy, audusd.

and on demo been trying to trade the dow, but not as often as i like.

j

Me amigos,

mucho gracious for all your kind words. I don't deserve them really.

It is a text book MA price cross over trading system. Not mine at all really. However, it has been sharpened by many contributions from excellent gringos on this superb site.

I thought it was 50/50 call that's all. I wouldn't brag about it after eating humble pie yesterday. As I said I wasn't sure.

I'm flat at the mo. I can see it is having a little bounce. Don't like the idea of going in now.

I can see a double top formation on the 4 hour charts. Essentially it's short indication but may wait until Monday and study it over the weekend.

I also read today in the papers that Bernanke apparently said the Sub-Prime market will cost $50-$100bn and it's likely to get worse before it gets better. Hmmm. What is he trying to tell us?

Anyway will unwind have some food and come back for some more banter later perhaps.

Core blimey, I've taken 5th place in this competition...

Sorry but this is really great I think. Anybody else care to join. There is £1000 for top place. Free money.

Last edited:
Me amigos,

It is a text book MA price cross over trading system. Not mine at all really. However, it has been sharpened by many contributions from excellent gringos on this superb site.

I thought it was 50/50 call that's all. I wouldn't brag about it after eating humble pie yesterday. As I said I wasn't sure.

I'm flat at the mo. I can see it is having a little bounce. Don't like the idea of going in now.

I can see a double top formation on the 4 hour charts. Essentially it's short indication but may wait until Monday and study it over the weekend.

I also read today in the papers that Bernanke apparently said the Sub-Prime market will cost $50-$100bn and it's likely to get worse before it gets better. Hmmm. What is he trying to tell us?

Anyway will unwind have some food and come back for some more banter later perhaps.

Sorry but this is really great I think. Anybody else care to join. There is £1000 for top place. Free money.

Naz still not dead ........... perhaps this is just noise in the other indices - nice though:cheesy:

Well done Kevin21 - you've been an inspiration .......... :D

whats markets can you trade?

Hi Kevin,

You get this kind of interface...

As you can see from the second FX interface you are limited in to the main popullar currencies. Not extensive as CMC. Other indeces and shares likelwise limited.

I'm not sure if that is because this is a demo/competition account.

I play more for the money and testing ideas out which I wouldn't risk on a live trade.

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    142.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Doc2.doc
    159 KB · Views: 141
whats markets can you trade?

send a PM to Wasp. I'm sure he can give a good induction into trading exotic currencies. can give you a run for your thirst of pips ;)

j

PS: and by the way, you are making some serious pips. well done :D

Naz still not dead ........... perhaps this is just noise in the other indices - nice though:cheesy:

Well done Kevin21 - you've been an inspiration .......... :D

I'm always unhappy about the state of the Naz. The FA never adds up with the TA. I still hold the view tech stocks totally over valued. In the event of a big down turn they will take biggest hit as lux item expenditure will go. I have been wrong many a times before wrt FA so perhaps less said the better.

Candles with the short miniskirts and long legs do get me very bullish. Especially when they pick up from the bottom... :cheesy:

Yet linegraph shows double head with a potential down fall by another 200 points or more.

So I'm leaning towards the 50/50 mixed up pscyho attitude again. Will go by the MAs for direction.

If I had to choose because my life depended on it, I'd say we have some more downside.

Oil has come off the highs a little.

But look at gold - what a beauty. $683. Wow. Whistle a long tune eh?

Did say as $ drops further Asians will dump the dollar and move into Euro, Sterling or Gold. Or is this a reaction to Russian tic-tac toe? What ever I'm sure a lot of people celebrating.

Attachments

• US30 Cash070720.png
    US30 Cash070720.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Me amigos,

Atilla,

have joined up for the fantasy game....hopefully joining you on the leader board too:LOL:

Atilla,

have joined up for the fantasy game....hopefully joining you on the leader board too:LOL:

Yes that is me in 5th spot.

Last month I had the 1st spot for 3 to 4 days and then went to pot.

Well worth it. I don't manage risk and just put all available 10K funds into various indeces and currencies.

Trading on the weekly and daily charts I leave positions open for days at a time. I went from 9th to 50th and now backup at 5th.

I can almost feel that £1000 in my account. Look forward to seeing you up there.

However you don't get that money. It goes into opening an account with IG. You play and then you take your winnings or lose it all.

I have also read that IG have developed a new trading web based application so you don't need any sw installed on your PC. Also, they claim if price moves in your favour they'll put the trade through at a price favourable to you. Anyway, at the end of the day the competition is a good demo platform with the potential to win £1000, £200 or £100. Better than a poke in the eye eh? :rolleyes: :LOL:

4hour dow analysis

Yes that is me in 5th spot.

Last month I had the 1st spot for 3 to 4 days and then went to pot.

Well worth it. I don't manage risk and just put all available 10K funds into various indeces and currencies.

Trading on the weekly and daily charts I leave positions open for days at a time. I went from 9th to 50th and now backup at 5th.

I can almost feel that £1000 in my account. Look forward to seeing you up there.

However you don't get that money. It goes into opening an account with IG. You play and then you take your winnings or lose it all.

I have also read that IG have developed a new trading web based application so you don't need any sw installed on your PC. Also, they claim if price moves in your favour they'll put the trade through at a price favourable to you. Anyway, at the end of the day the competition is a good demo platform with the potential to win £1000, £200 or £100. Better than a poke in the eye eh? :rolleyes: :LOL:

4hour chart showing possible move down.

strong support around 13700.

could get interesting soon:devilish:

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL4hour A.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL4hour A.png
    21 KB · Views: 103
i'm gonna have a look at that competition in detail later on. I'm gonna win it for the sake of it because i like winning :) If i can trade the markets that i want to then it's on like donky kon...