Dow 2007

Right guys, I've just sold the Dow at 91 and covered at 85 for +6 net of a 4 point spread.

And I am now offered 60 on that contract - my initial target. Patience grasshopper. No more trading for me until the evening session. I'm going to minimise my live charting so it doesn't distract me.

Lurker, I take it that's before commissions ? What's your net clearance ?

I spreadbet (mixed blessing after this morning) which means the wins I quote here are net of spread which includes commissions. So 60 pips net, then 6 pips net (that trade hit my target down at +30 which was 13560 futures -silly me for covering early). +66 for the day at £1pp.

Position shorts from here? I am considering one, but Tick seems bullish and I don't have a clear system. I'll take it on paper to see how it goes. On my live feed, sell at 28, SL 40, target 595.

Position shorts from here? I am considering one, but Tick seems bullish and I don't have a clear system. I'll take it on paper to see how it goes. On my live feed, sell at 28, SL 40, target 595.

Tick won't break new lows. Feeling a little nervous in this paper short. There seems to be plenty of orders changing on the bid though, so that is encouraging. Still, I would be beginning to sweat at this stage.

Tick just made the new low, but it isn't terribly convincing.

make or break here......need a swift rejection if bearish...

Attachments

• sp 11.gif
    sp 11.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 112