Dow 2007

FED: Bernanke said there's currently a weak link between money
supply and output-inflation; most of surprise in higher energy would be
in a later price level. Asked about asset prices, says he's largely
maintained view that mon policy is not a good tool for popping bubbles.
-------------------------

translation:

I have been saying there was no link, now I am saying there is.

He allows bubbles and does not do anything to restrict them, like Ali G he mops up afterward, if possible

Rise in energy prices were sited as deflationary because they reduce disposable income.

Rise in energy prices raise cost of manufacturing and reduce disposable income and so where does all this demand driven support of the markets originate from? :rolleyes:

Gives a whole new meaning to good economics.

That man can certainly spin a web of deceit. :LOL:

Rise in energy prices were sited as deflationary because they reduce disposable income.

Rise in energy prices raise cost of manufacturing and reduce disposable income and so where does all this demand driven support of the markets originate from? :rolleyes:

Gives a whole new meaning to good economics.

That man can certainly spin a web of deceit. :LOL:

what baffles me is that we on this board can see the bollox being spun....why can't the market......:rolleyes:

what baffles me is that we on this board can see the bollox being spun....why can't the market......:rolleyes:

Too right. The number of times I swore abuse at analysts on Bloomberg TV is embarrasing. Always getting told off by the Mrs who wonders what I'm on. :LOL:

On another topic guys, I'm now in 9th position in this competition.

Check out the leader board. I was first for couple of days last month but lost the plot in week two. :eek:

Winner gets £1K and 2nd & 3rd about a hundred pounds or so.

http://fantasygame.investorschronicle.co.uk/game/gamelogin.aspx

Beats paper trading and they work it out all for you.

Sell signals worked a treat last night....NDX at last starting to come off now...been a profitable day so far....Intend to hang on into end of week,see what tomorrow brings....:cool:

cheers

Dax currently being quote only 50 pts above my 7830 target....was looking for a 3/4 day swing on that trade,not 24 hrs.........:rolleyes:

Steve, you certainly got that one right, the hourly charts certainly back your stance on holding, well done m8. Just the one trade for me, got my 20 points on my small long at 42, (against the trend, I know, not ideal trading) , one to many glasses of the vino on the patio to do any more trading, for those of you who screwed the MM's, well done.

Goodnight all

The End of Lurker's Day Trading

I've decided to stop day trading. Details can be found in my journal. I'll still lurk around of course, and maybe post occasionally when I have something to say.

I hope you all managed to short the Dow today! A good day for bears indeed. Reminds me of my first post here: "the end of the Dow bull run?". Maybe I was just a little too early :cool:

Good trading all. Thanks for all the encouragement and support, and despite losses and frustrations I've enjoyed learning about trading. Thanks.

Sorry to see it hasn't worked out yet for you Lurker.

Time for reflection

Back soon stronger and fitter from the experience

The End of Day Trading by Lurker

Hi Tom

I have sent you a PM, I, and no doubt I probably speak for other are sad to see you in this situation, however, you have probably made the correct decision. A word of caution, don't keep swapping between all these commodities, metals, index etc, I truely believe you will be making life a bit difficult for your self, choose 1 or 2, and position trade them, if it works then move on.

Perhaps stick with the Dow, once you have analysed the PM I sent you and checked out yourself the merits, you are very well placed to take full advantage of the system to return consistent profits.

My system is not disimilar from Mike's, except I use DEMA (8) and MA (10), standard, RSI, MACD and Stochastics, fully understand those and you probably won't go far wrong.

Where as Mike uses the 4 hour charts I use the three hours chart, the safetest option is to only trade in the direction of the trend and avoid the going against the trend.

By Appyling the standard setting on the 3 hour Dow chart, this is results, its simple and effective, and doesn't involve looking for the holy grail of setting, (they aren't there)

31 May 4 June negative divergence MACD Histogram, Stochastics, 5th June crossover MACD, DEMA, dropping RSI, red candle stick, short entry could have been taken at approx 13620 and closed on 8 June (4 days)at approx 13260 for +360Pts. Any day trading during this period should only be short in the direction of the trend.

10 june, positive divergence MACD Histogram, stochastics, MACD crossover, Rising RSI etc, long position could have been taken at 13334 and closed on 13 June (3 days) 1t 13646 for +312 points.

The process/system continues on 19 June (short) for 310 pts, 27 June (Long) for 340 Points and 9th July for ?

I don't intend this as trading advice for anybody, it is my personal trading system which has served me well for many years, its works on everthing I trade.

Keep in touch Tom, you thoughts are welcome and my impression of the thread, is that is is not just a day trading, they are position traders as well, all thoughts and input from everybody is welcome.

Reactions: ian
It's getting close to low historic volatility level. Next week should see some big moves..

Hope you all nailed this move! ;)

Attachments

• $INDU_historic_volatility_070710.jpg
    $INDU_historic_volatility_070710.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 119
I've decided to stop day trading. Details can be found in my journal. I'll still lurk around of course, and maybe post occasionally when I have something to say.

I hope you all managed to short the Dow today! A good day for bears indeed. Reminds me of my first post here: "the end of the Dow bull run?". Maybe I was just a little too early :cool:

Good trading all. Thanks for all the encouragement and support, and despite losses and frustrations I've enjoyed learning about trading. Thanks.

Don't give up on this! it does TAKE TIME.. as a newbie, I myself was so impatient with my own development.. money management and position sizing is the key here..
best,..

In a bit of a dilema here...SPX and Dax have both hit my targets pre-open but I wasn't expecting them till tomorrow....torn between those dreaded feelings of greed and fear..:rolleyes:

In a bit of a dilema here...SPX and Dax have both hit my targets pre-open but I wasn't expecting them till tomorrow....torn between those dreaded feelings of greed and fear..:rolleyes:

Make it easy on yourself man, take a %, bring in your stops and let the rest roll..

Make it easy on yourself man, take a %, bring in your stops and let the rest roll..

Thanks,that's the sensible choice...but I've just revised my targets and will hold on till tomorrow as per my original plan...:rolleyes:

I'm suprised the Indexes Put:Call Ratio is only 1.78.
okay, it's up from 1.55 at the end of last week, but given the circumstances I was expecting to see >2.00.
Maybe there aren't as many bears out there as we suspect ?
Don't know what to make of it really, just reinforces the need to tread carefully, manage stops etc.

I'm suprised the Indexes Put:Call Ratio is only 1.78.
okay, it's up from 1.55 at the end of last week, but given the circumstances I was expecting to see >2.00.
Maybe there aren't as many bears out there as we suspect ?
Don't know what to make of it really, just reinforces the need to tread carefully, manage stops etc.

ignore....sorry, misread post

Last edited: