Dow 2007

Probably expect a bounce from these levels, before a further agressive falls, agree?

Probably expect a bounce from these levels, before a further agressive falls, agree?

agree.
over the last few hours my indicators have caught up with the drop and are now in/entering the oversold zones. So I will wait for the bounce to play out to restore Stochs etc to overbought before going in short again.

including the puppy ticklers on the dax thread, there seems to be an average of around 10 or 12 of us who tend to think alike.
What's even more pleasing, especially given the negativity, nonsense, self-aggrandisement and BS on some other threads, our group members all seem to support each other, happy to offer advice and constructive critiques etc.
I'm not an old-hand on this forum by any means, but I can already tell that this group of traders are the Good Guys .

K.U.T.G.W. !!

I agree with you wholeheartedly rathcoole, I have visited some other sites it the past and didn't stay long due to that fact, on here its is re-assuring there are like minded individuals, who appear happy to discuss and share their methods and systems to the benefit of all.

Long story, and this order almost didn't get done because of a problem with my bucketshop, but I did the following position trade from 7am on the Dow today.

Sell at 13610 futures.
Stoploss 13640 futures.
Take profit at 13550 futures.

Filled for +60 pips net of spread.

including the puppy ticklers on the dax thread, there seems to be an average of around 10 or 12 of us who tend to think alike.
What's even more pleasing, especially given the negativity, nonsense, self-aggrandisement and BS on some other threads, our group members all seem to support each other, happy to offer advice and constructive critiques etc.
I'm not an old-hand on this forum by any means, but I can already tell that this group of traders are the Good Guys .

K.U.T.G.W. !!

Rath / Dinos, totally agree. whats really interesting is when several different styles or types of analysis point to the same thing....

Rath care to expand on K.U.T.G.W m8 or am i missing something blatant (as useuall):LOL:

Cyclewave (Turns) -

Once the 10 day down phase is complete - ideally between now and later this week - then the probabilities will shift to favoring a move back to and ideally above Monday’s 1534.26 swing top, as that high was also confirmed by volume. In addition, we have an outstanding
upside target from the 20-day cycle to 1541.58 - 1554.34 SPX CASH, which is still valid as of this writing. All said then, the short-term pattern is playing out perfectly for pre-options expiration, which favored weakness into a low forming with the 10 day cycle component - and then strength off the same into options expiration week (next week).

Lurker, well done, if you are going to trade, one tip (and I don't always do it I know before you chastise me for it) trade in the direction of the longer timeframe as mention before, you get it right more times than wrong, well done sir!!!

Hi Tom

I have sent you a PM, I, and no doubt I probably speak for other are sad to see you in this situation, however, you have probably made the correct decision. A word of caution, don't keep swapping between all these commodities, metals, index etc, I truely believe you will be making life a bit difficult for your self, choose 1 or 2, and position trade them, if it works then move on.

Perhaps stick with the Dow, once you have analysed the PM I sent you and checked out yourself the merits, you are very well placed to take full advantage of the system to return consistent profits.

My system is not disimilar from Mike's, except I use DEMA (8) and MA (10), standard, RSI, MACD and Stochastics, fully understand those and you probably won't go far wrong.

Where as Mike uses the 4 hour charts I use the three hours chart, the safetest option is to only trade in the direction of the trend and avoid the going against the trend.

By Appyling the standard setting on the 3 hour Dow chart, this is results, its simple and effective, and doesn't involve looking for the holy grail of setting, (they aren't there)

31 May 4 June negative divergence MACD Histogram, Stochastics, 5th June crossover MACD, DEMA, dropping RSI, red candle stick, short entry could have been taken at approx 13620 and closed on 8 June (4 days)at approx 13260 for +360Pts. Any day trading during this period should only be short in the direction of the trend.

10 june, positive divergence MACD Histogram, stochastics, MACD crossover, Rising RSI etc, long position could have been taken at 13334 and closed on 13 June (3 days) 1t 13646 for +312 points.

The process/system continues on 19 June (short) for 310 pts, 27 June (Long) for 340 Points and 9th July for ?

I don't intend this as trading advice for anybody, it is my personal trading system which has served me well for many years, its works on everthing I trade.

Keep in touch Tom, you thoughts are welcome and my impression of the thread, is that is is not just a day trading, they are position traders as well, all thoughts and input from everybody is welcome.

Thanks for posting this Dinos. I am trying to lift my head up from my intraday strat - this is very interesting !:cool:

No problems Ziff, it is self explanatory and its simplicity clear, any questions feel frre to ask, I will be around a bit this week and early next, then finished until September

No problems Ziff, it is self explanatory and its simplicity clear, any questions feel frre to ask, I will be around a bit this week and early next, then finished until September

Okay heres one...........

I dont follow your trade on the 10th - 13th June...........do you mean the 13th - 16th June ? :confused:

RC, how long have you been out in Thailand?

permanently, just short of 4 months. My wife is Thai and we used to live in Middle East. She hated it there anyway, but after baby was born in January it only took me about 1 month to realise that it was no place to bring up the baby so we moved over to Thailand.
Because of the reduced pressures for cost of living etc, doing so has given me the opportunity to try to do full-time what I had been doing successfully part-time for a number of years. If my trading does work out well full-time that will be fantastic, if not, plan C ....... (there is no plan B) :rolleyes:

There is some PnF resistance around the 510 area, lets see how it handle it, otherwise down to 450ish?

Right guys, I've just sold the Dow at 91 and covered at 85 for +6 net of a 4 point spread. Back to my bad ways. I'm out of the market at the moment, having made 66 pips today. I am now going to read all the posts and PMs that people have sent to me regarding position trading, and reply to those. I am happy with my total for the day - if I see a position trade opportunity I may take it, but I'm not looking to trade right now.

I have had a really stressful hellish morning dealing with problems with a bucket shop. The firm have now resolved my issues to an extend, and therefore will not be named publicly. However, I may well start a thread about this later on today (perhaps in the spreadbetting section).

2 trades, 2 wins. Average win now £33 (oh dear) since I had +60 and then +6. Quite pleased with that so far. Will check in later.

The credit for the first 60 pip win goes to Atilla for posting a good system on my journal, which I was taking a look at. This underlined my bearish sentiment and prompted me to take a premarket short position trade.

I made a few pips on the GBP/JPY last night, but the least said about that the better. It was a good decent trade, but the bucketshop took back all my profits claiming that I had traded on "rogue price". I woke up this morning to find an unauthorised withdrawal on my account for the profits, which was large enough to leave me with insufficient margin for the Dow trade I had put on. I've just spent the morning dealing with some frankly unhelpful people at the bucketshop (although I did have the pleasure of dealing with a few good people as well), not getting calls returned, everyone "too busy" to deal with a small retail punter and a few £k, etc. However, to the firms credit (they will remain nameless as they have resolved this issue), the head of the dealing desk (when I was able to reach him) was a most helpful gentleman, and resolved the situation to my satisfaction. Needless to say I didn't get to keep the lions share of my winnings, but was conceded a few pips nonetheless. Combined with my 2 Dow trades today, I'm feeling quite positive. I don't really hold things against the firm - they did make efforts to resolve things when I spoke to someone with the authority to do so. The snafu appears to have affected many of their clients, in which case the front line support staff were probably sick of irate customers phoning about it, and the dealers were to be fair busy sorting it all out.

In the end, I didn't need to go down the compliance / FSA route, though I naturally retain that option. They were fair about it in the end, and I will still trade with them.

agree.
over the last few hours my indicators have caught up with the drop and are now in/entering the oversold zones. So I will wait for the bounce to play out to restore Stochs etc to overbought before going in short again.

I was momentarily tempted to jump back on the bear bandwagon at 13556 (f) about 2 hours ago when I got back in front of my screen.
With F now at 13591, I am glad I thought like the "pro" I wanna be and let my indicators make my decision for me.
Stochs are still on the floor so I reckon this bounce might have some legs, but I will still wait for the right signals to short again.