Dow 2007

lurkerlurker

You need to stop daytrading, is not for you.
I have been trading for many years and lost a lot of money at the start of my trading career, mainly daytrading.

I remember myself doing exactly the same mistakes and having the same thoughts as you, "if i would have done this and if i wouldn't have done that....".

I have been a succesful trader for the past five years, but i will not touch daytrading.
Buy these 2 books and read them well, one day you will thank me!

Stan Weinstein's "Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets"
Mark Douglas "Trading in the Zone"

They saved me.

Lurks, if I can call you that ? ;)
may I also recommend Alexander Elder's "Trading for a Living". I only read it recently and found it mind-blowing. I have taken the parts I was already using (e.g. puppies) and tweaked them following his wisdom and discarded some of my other shyte.
If I cannot make it now after reading this book, I never will.......
garry

imho, YM (3 mins) looks like a quadruple puppy waiting to be let off the leash ...4 tops in the last 2 hours and Stoch still heading south

Easyrider ;)

hanging on to shorts m8...nicely up now on Dax and SPX...hoping to see 580 break on Dow .....NDX short is a bit of a bind,a few points in profit at the mo...think the $ weakness may be helping the techs slightly...Apple also is a pain,hit new highs again tonight...Apple makes up 9.57% of NDX.......will see what happens after 7pm...:rolleyes:

hanging on to shorts m8...nicely up now on Dax and SPX...hoping to see 580 break on Dow .....NDX short is a bit of a bind,a few points in profit at the mo...think the $ weakness may be helping the techs slightly...Apple also is a pain,hit new highs again tonight...Apple makes up 9.57% of NDX.......will see what happens after 7pm...:rolleyes:

I see your sentiments about NDX. Techs normally lead recovery or down turns as an indicator. However, the housing market also has a lot to do with it.

I hold the view Bernanke will talk tough and re-iterate his view with the need to balance economic growth with inflation nonsense. Rates will stay the same and so dollar may well continue in it's weakness.

I believe the US is in denial about stagnation at present but it will soon dawn when they consider the cost of supporting the troops in Iraq.

Many thanks and good luck too.

Bernanke contribution, might be this

"Inflation expectations are imperfectly anchored"
"Inflation expectations are better anchored"

multiple choice? :p

no choice at all, he is saying that as long as he can fool the masses into believing inflation is controlled and being fought, workers won't want higher wages, even when inflation itself is rising

Last edited:

no choice at all, he is saying that as long as he can fool the masses into believing inflation is controlled and being fought, workers won't want higher wages, even when inflation itself is rising

Er yeah,can that be translated into English please...:LOL: Usual Fed speak mumbo jumbo.....Don't Bernanke and his cohorts have to buy stuff like the rest of us....amazing what b****x they come up with....

Hope to see 13438 on Dow......

Good post Dinos. Can I add,

"We need to balance economic growth (he means slow down) with inflationary pressures"
"Inflationary pressures are well balanced with the slowing sub-prime market"
"Latent inflationary pressures will always exist in a growing economy but our inflationary pressures are on target" :LOL: Let the market work that last one out... :LOL:

I'm flat on cable now. Pooh bear. Thank goodness for the DOW and DAX today...

FED: Bernanke talked about whether price stability inertia is
structural, says it is badly measured. Fed relies on more than models.
He's learned that Fed communications are most important. FOMC has been
discussing communications, is making progress.

---------------

translation:

dunno, we can't work it out, so we talk about talking.

FED: Bernanke said Fed does anticipate using its authority to pay
interest on reserves, may be an additional tool for controling Fed funds
rate.
-------------------

translation:

we are really worried CBs are no longer buying our paper

FED: Bernanke talked about whether price stability inertia is
structural, says it is badly measured. Fed relies on more than models.
He's learned that Fed communications are most important. FOMC has been
discussing communications, is making progress.

---------------

translation:

dunno, we can't work it out, so we talk about talking.

FED: Bernanke said Fed does anticipate using its authority to pay
interest on reserves, may be an additional tool for controling Fed funds
rate.
-------------------

translation:

we are really worried CBs are no longer buying our paper

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ....brilliant m8....U should be an analyst

FED: Bernanke said there's currently a weak link between money
supply and output-inflation; most of surprise in higher energy would be
in a later price level. Asked about asset prices, says he's largely
maintained view that mon policy is not a good tool for popping bubbles.
-------------------------

translation:

I have been saying there was no link, now I am saying there is.

He allows bubbles and does not do anything to restrict them, like Ali G he mops up afterward, if possible