Dow 2007

out @ 30....never thought I'd say this but Eastenders looks the better option compared to this market tonight........

Blimey !?!! is that crap still on tellie ??? I can't believe it.
has Pauline Fowler ever smiled yet ? I preferred it when she was Miss Brahms....

One for the Bulls

eod index PUT-Call ratio on Friday back down to 1.55 from Thursday's spike at 2.01

Bad news for Bears :cry: :cry: :cry:

eod index PUT-Call ratio on Friday back down to 1.55 from Thursday's spike at 2.01

Bad news for Bears :cry: :cry: :cry:

For now, perhaps. If we see a convincing break of the highs, I may be bullish again. For now, I am content to take points out of the range. However, the support put in by NFP and then tested on a double bottom looks like it could hold for the time being.

Saying that, I'll most likely be flat until jobless numbers on the 12th.

Easy to be Bullish

I see markets globally going higher and higher ... I hear smart commentators predicting large numbers for dow .............. They maybe right who am I to disagree but...

Even bullish markets ebb and flow and right now the US market has not made a new swing highs for a while ... so the pressure is on them to show what they're made of..!

http://www.decisionpoint.com/ChartSpotliteFiles/070706_cycle.html

My view 4 what it's worth is a FAST move is coming..... into end of the month... :cheesy:

I see markets globally going higher and higher ... I hear smart commentators predicting large numbers for dow .............. They maybe right who am I to disagree but...

Even bullish markets ebb and flow and right now the US market has not made a new swing highs for a while ... so the pressure is on them to show what they're made of..!

http://www.decisionpoint.com/ChartSpotliteFiles/070706_cycle.html

My view 4 what it's worth is a FAST move is coming..... into end of the month... :cheesy:

I'm not convinced the DOW is going up at the moment although I have reserves position to being long on Friday.

On the daily charts MAs, MACD and Stochastics all showing upward movement so I'm following the end of day indicators.

Good luck everyone.

My Stockcharts.com data feed is non existant at the moment ?
Anyone else having similiar probs ?

I'm not convinced the DOW is going up at the moment although I have reserves position to being long on Friday.

On the daily charts MAs, MACD and Stochastics all showing upward movement so I'm following the end of day indicators.

Good luck everyone.

waiting for another crack at 700 cash before taking any positions at the moment....:cool:

Nearly There ....

Bit off topic but ...
Naz 100 makes higher highs 8 days running
Very interesting...:LOL:

This thread seems to have dropped off in the last fews weeks, everybody OK?:LOL:

Dinos is on holiday, firewalker99 doesn't post here much, I'm not trading the YM for the next few weeks, except on news.

Sorry - hopefully it will pick up soon.

range bound market - but close to break out?

This thread seems to have dropped off in the last fews weeks, everybody OK?:LOL:

range bound markets tend to keep all on the sidelines (except for the brave:confused: )

we could be close to a break out which should liven things up a bit... or if it fails then I guess it will be a good time for the bears...:cool:

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL elliott.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL elliott.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 115
range bound markets tend to keep all on the sidelines (except for the brave:confused: )

we could be close to a break out which should liven things up a bit... or if it fails then I guess it will be a good time for the bears...:cool:

Hate to be a stick in the mud but until we breach 700 decisively, I'm still of the opinion the bull can morph very quickly into a bear...

I'm still long and back in profit zone. Moving my stops to lock in minimal profits and will let the trade run to see if we hit 700 and break out or sink back down below 600 - where I'll be looking to reverse positon. My first alarm will sound around 13630 and then 600.

The chart lines still still in tact from a week ago. Previous support is still acting as resistance and really as others have commented we need to see 700 break imo.

Good trading everyone.

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-070709.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-070709.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 109
short 56 cash.

I've took up another 3/4 day swing here tonight...Had a sell signal come in on Dax at tonights close and have been waiting to hit SPX also .... 8158 sept Dax and 1545 sept SPX....will look to add NDX to these shorts if it closes below Friday's high @ 1989.43.....

cheers
Steve

I've took up another 3/4 day swing here tonight...Had a sell signal come in on Dax at tonights close and have been waiting to hit SPX also .... 8158 sept Dax and 1545 sept SPX....will look to add NDX to these shorts if it closes below Friday's high @ 1989.43.....

cheers
Steve

Steve what's the (special) significance of Ndx closing below friday's highs - maybe I should know but I don't.....
HS

cheers
Steve

What was your sell signal on the Dax steve ?

Steve what's the (special) significance of Ndx closing below friday's highs - maybe I should know but I don't.....
HS

Hi HS,
no special significance......just my system is based on price/volume......I also look for ABC's and SPX finished it's 1:1 ABC tonight at 1535....NDX and Comp are above their 1:1 and have extended to 1.382...1.382 extension on NDX was 1997,hit 1992 tonight......NDX closed below Friday high whilst Comp closed above so taking a bit of a chance but am now looking to get short NDX also for tomorrow....

cheers

What was your sell signal on the Dax steve ?

Going over Thursday's 8115 cash high and hitting 8119 today on lighter volume. Confirmation was a close below 8095.76 which was high on June 18......

cheers