Dow 2007

Hi Ziff, I'm around, busy watching wimbledon at the moment. I have been trading the DAX all day and added the DOW since its open. 5 Trades on the DAX and 1trade on the DOW.

I have just about given up on the DOW for today, oscillating within a tight range, :eek: :eek: maybe towards the end of the session, there may be room for manoevre.

Have you had a good day?

Hi Azimut,

I had a couple of decent trades this morning on the Dax then was out most of the afternoon. Currently long on the Dax from 24 and wondering why I did not just sit tight ! It is a bit slow............... :rolleyes:

Not sure what this market is finding so bullish...bond yields rising,oil prices climbing etc....but you gotta admire the way it goes up despite everything it has thrown at it......good luck to them,you ain't gonna get me buying here.....:LOL: :LOL:

2468Steve, agree, all hourly stochastic in excess of 92 (except 1 hour), re-testing R2 again. Daily Stochastic nearly through upper limits and weekly having been 98.8, crossed over the target line and now 83.8 heading southwards towards the 80 upeer level line. Weekly MACD Histogram - divergence nearly complete.

I have to be bearish on these setting, what are your thoughts?

2468Steve, agree, all hourly stochastic in excess of 92 (except 1 hour), re-testing R2 again. Daily Stochastic nearly through upper limits and weekly having been 98.8, crossed over the target line and now 83.8 heading southwards towards the 80 upeer level line. Weekly MACD Histogram - divergence nearly complete.

I have to be bearish on these setting, what are your thoughts?

thinking logically I'm bearish.......looking at the charts i'm bullish.....s'pose I should stop thinking.....:LOL: :LOL:

Next week will be the test IMO when volumes return to normal..........we'll see how big the bulls balls are.......:LOL:

long @ 20 cash for a run into the close......boredom trade i'm afraid,not recommended but alternative is to watch Eastenders !!

Hi Ziff,

To identify potential trades I use 2 methods

1) the 1 Min Chart, for eg: when the stochastics hits 90 and macd histo is starting to divert, I move to the 2 min chart and wait for the same to happen, then the 3 min chart, at that point, the 1 & 2 have set on their way, I enter the trade.

2) For a less stress free and my favoured method is the 3 min chart using the extremes of the stochastic backed up by other confirmation indicators to enter the trades, I suppose really, the same as (1) above without worrying about the former timeframes.:cheesy:

long @ 20 cash for a run into the close......boredom trade i'm afraid,not recommended but alternative is to watch Eastenders !!

out @ 30....never thought I'd say this but Eastenders looks the better option compared to this market tonight........

Hi Ziff,

To identify potential trades I use 2 methods

1) the 1 Min Chart, for eg: when the stochastics hits 90 and macd histo is starting to divert, I move to the 2 min chart and wait for the same to happen, then the 3 min chart, at that point, the 1 & 2 have set on their way, I enter the trade.

2) For a less stress free and my favoured method is the 3 min chart using the extremes of the stochastic backed up by other confirmation indicators to enter the trades, I suppose really, the same as (1) above without worrying about the former timeframes.:cheesy:

Thanks A,

A tad more sophisticated than me and my lucky coin........... :eek:

(1 and 5 min for me and a DEMA cross ;) )

out @ 30....never thought I'd say this but Eastenders looks the better option compared to this market tonight........

Well done that man.............though surely Eastenders is never an option no matter how slow things are......... :cheesy:

Don't know what the news was but I seem to have given up my yesterdays gains. Pooh bear...:confused:

Reversed position to being long see where it takes me... :eek:

It's getting close to low historic volatility level. Next week should see some big moves..

Attachments

• $INDU_historic_volatility_070706.jpg
    $INDU_historic_volatility_070706.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 152
Recent analysis of daily ranges on ftse-68 and Dow- 198.
My futures trading system has a risk reward of 4/10 on ftse and 6/20 on Dow- so it's a tough call on which to trade.