Dow 2007

Hi HS,
no special significance......just my system is based on price/volume......I also look for ABC's and SPX finished it's 1:1 ABC tonight at 1535....NDX and Comp are above their 1:1 and have extended to 1.382...1.382 extension on NDX was 1997,hit 1992 tonight......NDX closed below Friday high whilst Comp closed above so taking a bit of a chance but am now looking to get short NDX also for tomorrow....

cheers

Cheers Steve
-You nailed the last turn in the Dax so I'm thinking of following you in.....

But sweaty palms cos Dax can be an absolute XXXX

A simple system of tracking consecutive daily highs says Ndx and perhaps Comp is near a turn......

If I'm wrong another new high tomorrow will just increase the probability.... :p
That's providing we don't get a massive spike without much giveback :(

Dinos is on holiday, firewalker99 doesn't post here much, I'm not trading the YM for the next few weeks, except on news.

Sorry - hopefully it will pick up soon.

Don't expect too much posting from me... I'm pretty busy around here last couple of days.
Just had a look at the charts, looks like not much volatility last week, guess I didn't miss much.

Will try to pop in from time to time and have a look.

Meanwhile, keep up the good work lurker (and everybody else) and make it a profitable summertime! :)

Cheers Steve
-You nailed the last turn in the Dax so I'm thinking of following you in.....

But sweaty palms cos Dax can be an absolute XXXX

A simple system of tracking consecutive daily highs says Ndx and perhaps Comp is near a turn......

If I'm wrong another new high tomorrow will just increase the probability.... :p
That's providing we don't get a massive spike without much giveback :(

It's a similar set up to last turn.......best to watch tomorrow mornings action if not in already,especially if we get up to 8095 area........besides,I couldn't bear to live with the thought of you following me into the poor house....:LOL: :LOL:
I may be living on bread and water for rest of week if these go tits up....:LOL:

steve

It's a similar set up to last turn.......best to watch tomorrow mornings action if not in already,especially if we get up to 8095 area........besides,I couldn't bear to live with the thought of you following me into the poor house....:LOL: :LOL:
I may be living on bread and water for rest of week if these go tits up....:LOL:

steve
- I think I'll take your advice and wait and see .... since Dax is well within striking distance of the all time highs today despite yesterday's little wobble...

Discretion as they say......Anyway if we are going down it will be pretty easy to jump on board so little to lose by waiting a bit.... :D
Cheers

No major economic data out of US today.....I wonder if Ben can put a spanner in the works when he talks on inflation later today...6pm UK time :rolleyes:

Ben Bernanke Speaks! Tuesday - Jul 10, 2007

1:00 PM ET : Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to speak about U.S. inflation to the National Bureau of Economic Research, in Cambridge, Massachusetts Audience Q&A expected .

No major economic data out of US today.....I wonder if Ben can put a spanner in the works when he talks on inflation later today...6pm UK time :rolleyes:

Ben Bernanke Speaks! Tuesday - Jul 10, 2007

1:00 PM ET : Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to speak about U.S. inflation to the National Bureau of Economic Research, in Cambridge, Massachusetts Audience Q&A expected .

I've reversed positions. I'm now short on the DOW. Seen DAX come off 90s and news of BoP and strong export growth to Europe I think will have similar impact on US exports and sales.

I think Bernanke will talk tough on inflation and do nothing with rates based on the sub-prime problems.

Still stagflation in my opinion. Given war funding and Iraq crises I still hold the opinion all this bad news sooner or later will come home to roost.

Finally on the 4 hour charts it's looking like a sell to me. MAs, MACD and Stochastics all pointing down. Hence, harmony in FA and TA at the moment.

Good trading everyone.

a question for you guys trading the mini dow with IB... I thought that if you were trading futures in the mini dow then you wouldn't be restricted to the day trader rule where you have to have $25000 in your account?

nevermind, just the person on the other end of the phone at IB going round in circles...

Hello Atillo, that was a really bad trade, anticipation got the better of me, I ignored my indicators and went on price action/movement, not recommended:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well Read Mate ....

steve
Quality piece of analysis regardless of what happens during the rest of the day.... ;)

Atilla, I'm bearish on the dow, my hourly charts appear to support a move south, as well as the current position 13650, sitting on R1,as well as 13690(ish) resistance has held throughout June. whats your perspective?

Atilla, I'm bearish on the dow, my hourly charts appear to support a move south, as well as the current position 13650, sitting on R1,as well as 13690(ish) resistance has held throughout June. whats your perspective?

I'm in the middle favouring move down South.

630 - 680 is the unknown territory. I'm undecided at these prices.

I would like to see decisive breach of 700+ to be bullish.

630 is my first alarm bell followed by drop below 600 and I'll be very bearish. These are on cash prices.

Atilla, a PnF I looked the other day, was suggesting 709, so not far off the mark then, interesting to see what happens CMC (cash) prices marked down to 625-630 at the minute.