Difference between amateurs and professionals

Closed Nikkei. Missed the most juicy part of the trade. Exiting using the same rationale as the earlier rupee grab.

246316d1506103756-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-nikkei.jpg

Attachments

• nikkei.jpg
    nikkei.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 436
Hes down about 2.5k in dax atm but hes a winner cos hes scored some change in USD/CAD. :D

ok, i dunno about specifics of EJs trades its just i look at monthly and yearly performance and this includes open p/l. i look at net equity at beginning of month and net equity at end. same goes for year.

Last edited:
Donno, I am unaware of time boundaries.

Hey Kiddie ,

I can give you lessons at a discount rate since you are losing your shirt, 100pound per hour for you,oh I forgot your a small fart trader, ok then do you for 99pound p/hr.

OK, kid ? now run along back to mommy and play with your sim trades, let the real men show you how it's done and if you're nice I might throw some tips ... and of course some pennies for you.

LOL

ok, i dunno about specifics of EJs trades its just i look at monthly and yearly performance and this includes open p/l. i look at net equity at beginning of month and net equity at end. same goes for year.
Like any sane man would :D

Joe has a slightly different approach. He ignores anything thats offside and bposts anything thats onside, this includes financing p/l. Financing p/l forecasts are based on a the best days data @ 365 days exposure, ignoring anything -ve of course.

He also ignores market risk.

6099-darktone-albums-general-8-picture5100-quality.jpg

Quality :D

Hey Kiddie ,

I can give you lessons at a discount rate since you are losing your shirt, 100pound per hour for you,oh I forgot your a small fart trader, ok then do you for 99pound p/hr.

OK, kid ? now run along back to mommy and play with your sim trades, let the real men show you how it's done and if you're nice I might throw some tips ... and of course some pennies for you.

LOL

I'm only £89 an hour.

Joe has a slightly different approach. He ignores anything thats offside and bposts anything thats onside, this includes financing p/l. Financing p/l forecasts are based on a the best days data @ 365 days exposure, ignoring anything -ve of course.

I am ignoring the -ve because it doesn't exists. Net yield based on last night's numbers is greater than +46% annualised return on account balance. I wouldn't call this the best day number. I may well have a better number come Monday if I have good reason load up more yield. As I expect some EUR & DE volatility next week, I have been keeping a large pile of my powder dry. If the defence requirement is over-estimated, then there is certainly room for committing to more yields.

I am ignoring the -ve because it doesn't exists. Net yield based on last night's numbers is greater than +46% annualised return on account balance. I wouldn't call this the best day number. I may well have a better number come Monday if I have good reason load up more yield. As I expect some EUR & DE volatility next week, I have been keeping a large pile of my powder dry. If the defence requirement is over-estimated, then there is certainly room for committing to more yields.

HAHAHA. +46% annualised return on account balance ? Is that all you got ? and to top it off they are pennies.

Get out here boy, you're kid trader, not a BSD like some of us, you need to get under my BSD for some shade boyo.

Didn't realise my shop does equity curves. For teh louse, here we are for 2017. If you ever saw a winner, it looks like this:

246342d1506261392-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-ecurve.jpg

Attachments

• ecurve.jpg
    ecurve.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 468
Didn't realise my shop does equity curves. For teh louse, here we are for 2017. If you ever saw a winner, it looks like this:

thanks joe, interesting charts

is NAV your net equity including open p/l and when this is below the red line you are holding offside positions?

btw with nothing on the left axis and discrete monthly performance, im struggling to see what it means overall though i.e. YTD.

Just look a little deeper and FFS I mean this guy' has to wait like a month before it even just touches positive ? I mean if it went + after a max of two days, then maybe but a month ???

This strategy is a load of bollox.

Last edited:
Just look a little deeper and FFS I mean this guy' has to wait like a month before it even just touches positive ? I mean if it went + after a max of two days, then maybe but a month ???

This startegy is a load of bollox.
it wasnt him it was bigfoot
06-bigfoot-1.jpg