DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

Dr. blix;
I really think you should be focusing on ONE market... You seem to trade so many markets... It means that you'll be taking too many random setups, like ' Ooo support on E$, Buy ' ' oooo Support on ES, buy '; Correct me if i'm wrong sure.
But i think you should focus on market, and take your time to take trades and maybe, like Travis; Do one trade per day. Or maybe not; Up to you - But one market that you can track and focus on and instill discpline.

Its hard to stay discplined with 10 + markets, because whats a setup? Buying support; You'll have like 100+ opportunities a day - Not neccesarily a good thing when your not 100% sure of your management and methodology.

If you chose just one market and focused on it, recorded your trades really nicely and constantly reviewed... Then over time you'd definately improve and you could see that in the records. You'd feel your getting better and better and you'll be focused. With lots of markets, its hard to guage how your doing, easy to be impatience...
1 market and keep going until you make profit from it everday. You'll start seeing what works and what doesn't rather than just moving on to another every time you get bored :)

I mean;
- UK small caps
- DAX
- FTSE
- EUR/USD

How you going to guage market conditions, news, sentiment ?

Well done Dr. B!

Does all that bias change guff make sense now?

cheers geo, the bias change thing does yeah.

today though i just used channels, trendlines (for confirmation/rejection of direction) and price levels on a 2min TF to enter/exit.

still no clear strategy unfortunately, so 2moro i could probably just as easily give the pips back :(

EDIT: i was also using DAX/FTSE levels as a gauge..then next time i try top trade the E$, i'll have a DAX chart running in parallel i think.

Dr. blix;
I really think you should be focusing on ONE market... You seem to trade so many markets... It means that you'll be taking too many random setups, like ' Ooo support on E$, Buy ' ' oooo Support on ES, buy '; Correct me if i'm wrong sure.
But i think you should focus on market, and take your time to take trades and maybe, like Travis; Do one trade per day. Or maybe not; Up to you - But one market that you can track and focus on and instill discpline.

Its hard to stay discplined with 10 + markets, because whats a setup? Buying support; You'll have like 100+ opportunities a day - Not neccesarily a good thing when your not 100% sure of your management and methodology.

If you chose just one market and focused on it, recorded your trades really nicely and constantly reviewed... Then over time you'd definately improve and you could see that in the records. You'd feel your getting better and better and you'll be focused. With lots of markets, its hard to guage how your doing, easy to be impatience...
1 market and keep going until you make profit from it everday. You'll start seeing what works and what doesn't rather than just moving on to another every time you get bored :)

I mean;
- UK small caps
- DAX
- FTSE
- EUR/USD

How you going to guage market conditions, news, sentiment ?

that makes incredibly good sense GX.

it only takes 5 minutes reading my posts too see there is no discipline at all...i do get bored quite easily (even though trading shouldn't be 'exciting')...and impatience is a real killer for me, causing me to open and close positions too early, or just dive in without due diligence re analysis.

in my defence GX, i'd like to blame geo and minch!!! (kidding) for putting forward the concept of trading equities over a weekly TF, whilst trading FX in between. :cheesy:

H1 E$ , pos pat #1 forming ?? not a market I trade though , so not sure how it acts in general.

thanks for the feedback too GX, i find it really useful when people question methodologies, analysis and trading psychology.

Dr. B, I've pretty much explained my fib retracement strat to you now, so you could use that - it does work most of the time. I thnk I have a PDF detailing the whole strat that I can email to you?

in my defence GX, i'd like to blame geo and minch!!! (kidding) for putting forward the concept of trading equities over a weekly TF, whilst trading FX in between. :cheesy:

LOL, this thread is funny - we started trading daily bars - now we're trading 1m/2m bias changes!

that makes incredibly good sense GX.

it only takes 5 minutes reading my posts too see there is no discipline at all...i do get bored quite easily (even though trading shouldn't be 'exciting')...and impatience is a real killer for me, causing me to open and close positions too early, or just dive in without due diligence re analysis.

Choose a market;
Get a news feed;
Analysis that market before the open and make a little commentary on your research,
Stay in tune with the variables that are important to your market and make the effort to actually WATCH the news live, so like Trichet; Watch his speeches etc etc
Get to know that market.

Or not. Up to you. If your serious about trading i would think it a very good step. But i might be wrong.

Just got a short trigger on cable - same setup as E$ earlier - just watching today though.

that is one I trade, personally waiting to see how it acts into the 270-75 area , but thats a pos H1 trade setup.

i don't trade DAX or FTSE though GX, i only use them as reference. i think trading the FTSE is fairly pointless.

FTSE for the smallcaps.

DAX/FTSE for the E$.

in fact i only trade smallcaps and the odd FX, mainly E$. so 2 markets isn't that bad.

what is bad is my discipline, followed closely by my general attitude...

I should have taken it - good for +100 pips so far :(

:LOL: that's exactly what I said to myself late last friday afternoon, when I passed up on that cable trade.

short from 69, trading M15 after that 70-75 area started to give way (M5 trigger entry)

cable m15 poss Pat #2 forming , look for it to hold the lows.

looking to dump the short into 200-205 , will see how it acts into that area (or will panic dump if it takes out those last 2 STH bars , M15)

:LOL: that's exactly what I said to myself late last friday afternoon, when I passed up on that cable trade.

short from 69, trading M15 after that 70-75 area started to give way (M5 trigger entry)

Nice trade Mas

Kicking myself for not taking my own call now! :)

Hey to Mr. Kaisen!