DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

fellas, i think i've just had a eureka moment.

i've just had the maddest hour scalping the E$.

18 E$ trades today. 4 losses 14 gains i've doubled my CFD account :LOL:

it was mint! i was using the force :cheesy:

seriously though, i'm going to try this again on friday (i'm away 2moro)...if i get anything like the same results i'll try to figure a strategy based around what i was doing.

if i don't get the results after a few days, then i know today was just a lucky day.

my max stop was 20 pips btw, with an average stop of 15 pips.

Attachments

• E$ trades  9-12-09.PNG
    E$ trades 9-12-09.PNG
    59 KB · Views: 148
short dumped @ 206 , not sure this is a pat #2 reversal on M15 , price seems to be mincing about a bit ?? will wait and see.

Nice! How many pips is that then?

What's the Eureka bit - did some penny drop?

87 pips

46k to 90k...lol, shame its not real.

i'll tell you what the eureka thing is if i can do it consistently. otherwise it could just be a load of old cobblers.

the problem though with what i was doing is that it was completely seat of the pants stuff, utterly discretionary...so unfortunately it probably has more to do with luck than anything.

you mean you DON'T use astrology indicators?! :eek:

:)cheesy:)

in all seriousness though...solar flares do have an impact on some commodities futures prices...

anyhoo, re me eureka moment...turns out it was all bollox by the looks of it. if i try that again i'll probably get bottom raped by the E$.

oh well. thought it was too good to be true.

back to the bias change analysis :sleep:

:)cheesy:)

EDIT:

good luck everyone for 2moro btw...i'll catch up here in the afternoon.

Last edited:
Short Cable at 1.6312...which is just below 61.8%Fib from high of yesterday & low of today.....Sbr pivot...7 Dec low.

Short Cable at 1.6312...which is just below 61.8%Fib from high of yesterday & low of today.....Sbr pivot...7 Dec low.

Out at 1.6278 for 34 pips...struggling to break 27 Nov support.

EDIT: Phew..Not a moment too soon..It's just bounced 30 thro the 300.

Last edited:
Well done Minch. I have a feeling these dollar crosses are turning... what do you think?

AUS/USD certainly has.

Thanks Geo, Iv'e just got back in to see Cable heading back south again, after it's pullback retracement.

A pullback that retraced to my entry to the exact pip, it's amazing how often that happens with currencies, how often have you moved the stop to break even to reduce risk, only to be stopped out and witness the trade continue in your planned direction, without you in it.

To be honest Geo, ive took my eye off the ball regarding FX lately...trying to swing trade equities on a longer timeframe...but im getting the taste back this week, looking more at the intraday FX set ups...Im going to concentrate on only 2 or maybe 3 currencies, to concentrate my analysis and not spread out too much.

Two of those will be GBP/USD...AUD/USD, and maybe a Yen pair, I've not decided yet.

Continued fall in GBP and EURO vs the dollar suprised me tbh. Stop hitting issues are a pain the wotsit - part of the reason why I like to scale out to zero risk if possible.

I have got completely sidetracked from equities now. Looks like I may have a 6 month contract for work agreed, then I am seriously contemplating trading FX full time, with a substantial pot, and joining Phil Newtons Live Trading Room. No doubt I'll change my mind again before then, but I do really enjoy trading FX, so it's seriously tempting.

AUD/JPY and CAD/JPY look like reasonable pairs imho - CAD/JPY seems to give the clearest signals in my limited experience.

Congrats on the 6 mths contract Geo....Trading FX full time, now there's a thing...

You certainly seem to have a knack for it, why not indeed.

Edit: Phil Newtons Live trading room...Is that where the Lapsters gone, I've not seen him about for a while, he also had a knack for the ould FX...watch out for them squirrels..he he.

Last edited:
Possible long setup on CAD JPY - H4 bias long now - price at 50% fib of todays high low range - also looks like possible channel forming, see M15.

Not sure on entry method, M5 bias change or even M15 for a more conservative entry maybe wise.

Congrats on the 6 mths contract Geo....Trading FX full time, now there's a thing...

You certainly seem to have a knack for it, why not indeed.

Edit: Phil Newtons Live trading room...Is that where the Lapsters gone, I've not seen him about for a while, he also had a knack for the ould FX...watch out for them squirrels..he he.

Thanks Minch.

Not sure I have a knack as such, I am just able to follow PN's rules tbh, boring as that is.

The Lapster is working full time right now. I exchange the odd email with him now and again. He's a very good trader for sure!

Off to catch some Squirrels now :)

Possible long setup on CAD JPY - H4 bias long now - price at 50% fib of todays high low range - also looks like possible channel forming, see M15.

Not sure on entry method, M5 bias change or even M15 for a more conservative entry maybe wise.

Not sure why, but if this is going long, for some reason it does seem to early...

Did you get into this Geo, it's moved up nicely from the 50% Fib.