DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

great news on the work front geo (y)

finally thinking of full-time ey?! i'm sure you can do it. you have the right attitude (patience, discipline and all that)!

morning gents.

today i'll be mostly wearing...currencies; i shall accessorise with the odd smallcap, just to set the whole ensemble off.

great news on the work front geo (y)

finally thinking of full-time ey?! i'm sure you can do it. you have the right attitude (patience, discipline and all that)!

Cheers DB.

Funny old journey recently - I went from trading FX, to looking for systems (which was a red herring tbh), to trading equities, and then back to FX.

Shame I didn't take my CAD/JPY call - reminds me to trade what I see, not what I think!

FTSE 100 made a H4 reversal long this morning on the break of yesterdays high. My chart hours are 8.00am to9.00pm btw - these H4 reversals are quite short lived these days.

I'm off for the weekend now - Have a good day all - will see you next week.

Last edited:
Shame I didn't take my CAD/JPY call - reminds me to trade what I see, not what I think!

i must say i'm surprised at this. you're not just firing positions on left right and centre (like me), i'd have thought you'd have had a bit more confidence by now in your analytical capabilities!

but, we must all take our own paths based on our individual characteristics/risk tolerance etc, etc, blah, blah, blah :cheesy:

morning gents.

today i'll be mostly wearing...currencies; i shall accessorise with the odd smallcap, just to set the whole ensemble off.

Morning Dr.B, Im off down to London this afternoon, so I'll see thee next wk, so good luck today and nail that FX.....Equities thread sheesh lol

I'm off for the weekend now - Have a good day all - will see you next week.[/QUOTE]

And you Geo, see thee next wk.

i'm currently murdering my CFD demo account in all this E$ chop.

es no bonita, i can tell you...

Gbp/Usd...No breakout play this morning from the wide Asian overnight range,

Price has been in a clearly defined hourly channel since the break of support on the morning of the 8th...Sbr/channel top at 1.6330.

50% fib worked well this morning...Top of the overnight range/channel to the swing low after the London open.

Attachments

• GBPUSD Rolling Daily.png
    GBPUSD Rolling Daily.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 150
50% fib in play on USD/JPY (88.55)...Last swing high to low,

Support at 88.44...could be problem area.

Attachments

• USDJPY  Rolling Daily.png
    USDJPY Rolling Daily.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 137
Nice short breakout play this morning on CAD/JPY...of the overnight range.

Attachments

• CADJPY  Rolling Daily.png
    CADJPY Rolling Daily.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 131
I'm starting to demo trade PN's FurryQuad strat this week. Still learning the the finer points, but overall it's very simple. The very appealing part is that only a 4H chart is used, orders are bracketed to catch bar breaks, so no tedious screen watching - it should be a case of checking positions every few hours.

I'll be looking for the normal fib retrace setups this weeks too.

Does anyone have any trades open?

I'm starting to demo trade PN's FurryQuad strat this week. Still learning the the finer points, but overall it's very simple. The very appealing part is that only a 4H chart is used, orders are bracketed to catch bar breaks, so no tedious screen watching - it should be a case of checking positions every few hours.

I'll be looking for the normal fib retrace setups this weeks too.

Does anyone have any trades open?

No tedious screen watching....sounds good Geo,

No trades open at present...I took 20 off the retrace from the 50% fib on cable, shown on 10 min chart this morning.

No tedious screen watching....sounds good Geo

No screen watching, because Furry Quad is a 4H swing trade strat. Trade entries and management are made at 4H intervals. The trading day starts at 6am though! Ouch!

Short Cable at the 50% Fib from the high to the low of today...& pivot at 1.6264,

Stop above the 61.8% at 1.6284,

could be on way back to top of hourly channel....lets see.

Last edited:
Short Cable at the 50% Fib from the high to the low of today...& pivot at 1.6264,

Stop above the 61.8% at 1.6284,

could be on way back to top of hourly channel....lets see.

Good luck Minch - very agressive entry me thinks? Do you have a confirmation method btw?

1m bias change would have me short at around 1.6254 ish

edit: so about now :)

Good luck Minch - very agressive entry me thinks? Do you have a confirmation method btw?

1m bias change would have me short at around 1.6254 ish

edit: so about now :)

Thanks Geo..Yes this is an agressive entry...been out all day, Iv'e not waited for confirmation with this one, fib entry & Pivot only, your 1 min bias should be confirmed about 1.6252 looking at it.

Nice little sell off now Minch :)

Target?

Todays low would be my first, with a M1/2 trailing of stops behind the 2nd previous swing high, if that makes sense.

Nice little sell off now Minch :)

Target?

Todays low would be my first, with a M1/2 trailing of stops behind the 2nd previous swing high, if that makes sense.

Target...Channel support about 1.6192,

Stop at BE....Yep your TS makes sense