Currency 2007: Jan-01 > Jan-05

Offshore Trader said:
Watch out for those falling knives though guys....

got an insurance policy against that........impatient 4 year old that doesnt allow you to focus :confused:

now 123 for the long, target 85, and divergence on 15 and 30 min chart

edit: on which, i will have to pass. good luck today. got to leave it alone

The fall from 520 this morning ran down the the 63 degree gann line
at 9.30 this morning the run up was on the 63 degree line , and it had some power,
but now the price has crossed the 45 and the 26 degree line
just waiting
also I do like to short if the price is below the 40 day ma
and long if the price above the 40day ma

ChowClown said:
...evening star forming on the 30min OT?

It would have to be in an uptrend to really be convincing which of course it isn't, so only minor resistance at around 42, unless confirmed as a double top. I certainly wouldn't sell into it...

Thanks - more study required. I'm out of this morning's vebo short btw for +46. +200 locked in now on yesterday's vebo short.

ChowClown said:
I'm out of this morning's vebo short btw for +46. +200 locked in now on yesterday's vebo short.

Well done CC, thinking of changing into a sort of swing trader in 2007? :)

JER08 said:
Well done CC, thinking of changing into a sort of swing trader in 2007? :)
:) i'm using a trend filter with vebo atm which can also be used to swing. Early days etc, waiting to see how it fairs during chop.

Have you been trading cable this week JER?

trendie said:
yes, there appears to be 2 threads. ( 3 if you count Wolfe Wave )
if the opinion on here is to discontinue this one at the end of the week in favour of the other, I wont start a new one next week.

but, by the same logic, this thread covers general info, heads-up on eco-news, and related topics.
( actually, I think the Wolfe Wave trades would also be better merged into a bigger thread, so we can get a comparative with other styles, (BigBen, VEBO, etc) in a single location.)

if I get at least 10 votes in favour of continuing, I shall start a new thread next week.

I see that live trading thread has dropped out of page 1

ChowClown said:
:) i'm using a trend filter with vebo atm which can also be used to swing. Early days etc, waiting to see how it fairs during chop.

Have you been trading cable this week JER?

Yes,went short 9716 yesterday morning and 9504 this morning.First one exited far too early still holding the 2nd short.

Just bear in mind we don't see this kind of huge moves very often.

JER08 said:
Yes,went short 9716 yesterday morning and 9504 this morning.First one exited far too early still holding the 2nd short.

you cant beat me at closing early :LOL:

hornblower said:
I see that live trading thread has dropped out of page 1

looks like that second-hand vote-counter I got from Jeb Bush is doing the trick!

Hi

not wishing to be divisive, and its just a thought, but i've noticed that the majority of thread contributors here are cable traders.
Therefore perhaps having clearly labelled seperate cable and EURUSD threads might be handy?

But then people might start a weekly GBP/CHF, GBP/JPY, AUD/USD thread etc. which may be overdong things.......

Perhaps there's not enough demand for a weekly EURUSD thread, as most members are cable forex traders???

jtrader said:
Hi

not wishing to be divisive, and its just a thought, but i've noticed that the majority of thread contributors here are cable traders.
Therefore perhaps having clearly labelled seperate cable and EURUSD threads might be handy?

But then people might start a weekly GBP/CHF, GBP/JPY, AUD/USD thread etc. which may be overdong things.......

Perhaps there's not enough demand for a weekly EURUSD thread, as most members are cable forex traders???

I get bigger moves with cable , and as the move grows ,I can add to my position

jtrader said:
Hi

i'd be happy to see threads for individual pairs. Some might not get that much attention but i'm surprised there isn't a EUR/USD thread yet.

From what I remember, this thread evolved from a Cable thread not that long ago because comments on other pairs was seen as a welcome addition. Personally, I think having one general thread will encourage more contributors, which has to be a good thing.

Is commenting/reading mutiple pairs in the same thread more difficult than trading? some may think it's messy or untidy but so are the currency moves! ;)

NFP tomorrow, so closed 2nd short at 50.

Last edited:
Offshore Trader said:
From what I remember, this thread evolved from a Cable thread not that long ago because comments on other pairs was seen as a welcome addition. Personally, I think having one general thread will encourage more contributors, which has to be a good thing.

totally agree of having just one thread, it saves time jumping from thread to thread.
i trade several pairs. - not just cable

thanks 4 the post

I am always glad to see new graphs displayed. I didnt really understand what you did there. it looks like wolf waves but could you explain your markings on the graphs?

tks

jacinto said:
morning all,

i am starting to like this wave method. long setup almost ready. target is at the yellow line

edit: apologies, as always, i forget the chart

I didnt really understand what this thread was about but..

well I saw there was some discussion about the EUR/USD.

I think its still a good short bet. from what I saw the daily trend line was broken and if it will continue then tomorrow the weekly trendline will be broken. I believe that we will see the eur usd reaching the area of 1.3 pretty soon :confused:

it depends on the break of the current support at 1.3071

long 9405, looking for double bottom formation, and now to bed

edit, will move to BE ASAP, otherwise, will get another black eye :LOL: .

Last edited:
hey guys so what do you recommend as far as brokers go.....i live in the usa so if you knwo of any good ones let me know.....

p,.s,. i'm not happy with fxcm.com