Currency 2007: Jan-01 > Jan-05

Look's like I've arrived back from holiday a day to late. Just walked in and seen what's happened. A nice start for most this year......

Morning all. Have the rest of you made your profit for the year?? :cheesy:

Missed out on yesterday's action so hope for some more today. Short at 94 and 81.

Morning all,
At last some decent moves! Chow - I expect that you're glad that you held your position overnight! Still holding my VEBO Variant short from 1.9702 from yesterday with 170 pips locked in. It's the occasional days like yesterday which make up for a very poor last month of breakout trading.

Also took a swing trade short this morning, half off at +30 and rest to ~ b/e.

Long may this continue.

Offshore Trader said:
Morning all. Have the rest of you made your profit for the year?? :cheesy:

Missed out on yesterday's action so hope for some more today. Short at 94 and 81.
Morning OT, trust you had a good break.

Currently short 480 from this morning's vebo and yesterday's short still in play from 690.

a_gnome said:
Morning all,
At last some decent moves! Chow - I expect that you're glad that you held your position overnight! Still holding my VEBO Variant short from 1.9702 from yesterday with 170 pips locked in. It's the occasional days like yesterday which make up for a very poor last month of breakout trading.

Also took a swing trade short this morning, half off at +30 and rest to ~ b/e.

Long may this continue.
...sure am, took a leaf out of your book.

ChowClown said:
Morning OT, trust you had a good break.

Currently short 480 from this morning's vebo and yesterday's short still in play from 690.

Nice break but wish I was back one day earlier. Nice start to the day and the year though....it's just another reminder that you aren't going to get all the moves. Good 2007 to everyone...

Baruch said:
The BB train has left the station. I think it will come back again, but a signal is a signal. ;)

Nice move. But we will have major news in 25 min.

nice run down this morning,
looking at the 30 min chart , on the up side , may return to to 608

nice to make some money again

Baruch said:
Nice move. But we will have major news in 25 min.

UK Service PMI only a little bit better than expected. But it was the highest number since June 1997.

any elliotician out there with an opinion of this

wave 3, the longest, meets its measured move to the pip
wave 5, shorter, reaches 61% FE, and fails to the 100% measured move.

fall is over in theory, double bottom on 30 min chart, 60 min apparent inside bar, break north confirms reversal ?

my wife did see my chart last night, and she only gave me 1 black eye last night :LOL: , thats why i can see a chart today.

j

Seasonal forex volatility?

Today and yesterday I've done qite well profit wise trading EURUSD, but should have done better in hindsight.

These 2 days have been quite thin in volume according to my broker, which is typical of the first week in January - as i was half expecting, just like last week, as some bank traders etc. are still on holiday.

It has been quite unpredictable at times in that my TS8.1 chart spot EURUSD price has not been out of sync. with my brokers price at certain points, i.e. beyond the normal 1-2, maximum 3 pip difference.

This can be good, not make a difference, or it can be bad, depending on whether you get a favourable entry price and exit price.

On one trade, according to the chart price at entry and exit, I could have expected to make 7 pips, but i made 12 pips profit.

On another trade i could have expected to make 4 pips based on the chart, but only made 1- pip profit.

My chart and broker price are getting out of sync. when momentum picks up, whereas before christmas during normal market conditions, even during fast momentum, my broker and chart price were good at staying in 1-2, 3 max sync. with one another.
When momentum slows the TS spot bid price goes back into sync. with my broker quote.

Lets hope this settles down next week. As it can be a bit scary and has been making me a bit uncertain about trades, as not can exit the trade with bigger than expected profit or loss.

Are these issues occurring for/affecting anyone here in similar ways?

Cheers
JT.

Last edited:
dear black eyes
your chart looks like mine
I think the fall is over
I am waiting for the pull back so I can go long

hornblower said:
dear black eyes
your chart looks like mine
I think the fall is over
I am waiting for the pull back so I can go long

:LOL: :LOL:
only have one black eye, at least she gave me credit for getting resistance right. if this is reversal, then i get to give her a black eye back for calling the bottom :cheesy:
problem is that i have a restless 4 year old next to me, and probably wont be able to trade. too bad.

good luck with the long if confirmed
j

There was a morning star on the 5 min chart at the bottom around 1.9400. This may tie in with your expectations for today. Obviously below the figure more selling would be expected.

I would think we are close to a turn if not already in place, bottom median of the pitch fork should hold.

There’s US news here today, 8:30 & 10:00.

Attachments

• gm1.gif
    gm1.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 147