Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

bugger......I think the Tag are getting divorced again....i cant trade this stuff

CHF and Euro are fine with me re upwards bias..........nothing becoming clear to bloody sell

what a circus............

Beam me up scotty.......scotty ?

Attachments

• circus circus.jpg
    circus circus.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 126
ok - buy eurozone into USD (Glutton for punishment)

looking for markets to push upwards now .....gold to start rising above $1091.80 please !!!!!

bugger ......didnt see G/U just beneath the 4900....lets see what happens

this was my decision

Attachments

• entry point.jpg
    entry point.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 137
Scalpum pardner

oooooo.........wham bam thankyou maam

Attachments

• scalpum partner.jpg
    scalpum partner.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 126
looks like we could be settling in for some tag falls but early days......we need gold and DJ30 to consolidate current levels and start to drive upwards more.....the scalp was opportunist stuff right on the turn......fine if you are an armchair trader like me !!!

later dudes.....
Neil

hi all........tied up now for rest of day......better fishing tomorrow perhaps.....

Nightmare day - my demo account got hammered and my brains got scrambled. For once being overly cautious saved me alot of (real) money.:clover:

Nightmare day - my demo account got hammered and my brains got scrambled. For once being overly cautious saved me alot of (real) money.:clover:

dont worry mate...........a lot of people will have - including moi :whistling

N

ok lets see what happens today......

heres overnights....your call everyone.

if I was a punter the nice o/n ranges would tempt me to trade the breaches to come.....alongside the ole correlation principles of course

also i've ordered some marriage counclling for the tag....so hopefully better day today

its funny......I have a U/J indicator in trial and it gave some good calls yesterday ......trouble was i'm so used to seeing the normal Tag relationship I was not daring to touch it !!!!

N

Attachments

• 25th march.jpg
    25th march.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
jees....anyone not announcing stuff today....? :whistling

Attachments

• calender.jpg
    calender.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 116
ok lets see what happens today......

heres overnights....your call everyone.

if I was a punter the nice o/n ranges would tempt me to trade the breaches to come.....alongside the ole correlation principles of course

also i've ordered some marriage counclling for the tag....so hopefully better day today

its funny......I have a U/J indicator in trial and it gave some good calls yesterday ......trouble was i'm so used to seeing the normal Tag relationship I was not daring to touch it !!!!

N

amazing......just could have had a nice 10 pips on the U/J....

but its all against my natural Tag relationship rules .......:cry:

N

1 breach call......thats it so far

here was a nice move.......GBP really was only buy toy in the G6 shop as usd fell...and I had another indicator already indicating the G/U buy was a possible from 6.35ish....

later.........
N

Attachments

• breach time.jpg
    breach time.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 145
in case you are missing it..........tag just got aligned down , markets driving up and Eurozone rising nicely

n

amazing......just could have had a nice 10 pips on the U/J....

but its all against my natural Tag relationship rules .......:cry:

N
Morning N
this is the problem with preconceptions, isn't it? We expect certain things because we're brought up to use logic, but most of the time if we forget what "should" be happening and just react to what's actually happening on the chart, we'd be better off. It's a really tough nut to crack.
Looks at the moment like Sterling will soar if the 9.30 release is better than expected, but I'm keeping an eye on the news coming out of Brussels - the Euro could come under alot of pressure depending on what happens there.

Morning N
this is the problem with preconceptions, isn't it? We expect certain things because we're brought up to use logic, but most of the time if we forget what "should" be happening and just react to what's actually happening on the chart, we'd be better off. It's a really tough nut to crack.
Looks at the moment like Sterling will soar if the 9.30 release is better than expected, but I'm keeping an eye on the news coming out of Brussels - the Euro could come under alot of pressure depending on what happens there.

Totally agree.....

trading is not predictable.....if it was we would all be millionaires (well we wouldnt as no-one would want to trade the other side would they !....you know what I mean :rolleyes:)

so you experiment and build things that produce some promising results....but then because they dont fit into your own (current?) view of the trading world you dont want to use them as they feel uncomfortable to implement.....:eek:

I have read that the best trades always hurt at the outset......

N

Totally agree.....

trading is not predictable.....if it was we would all be millionaires (well we wouldnt as no-one would want to trade the other side would they !....you know what I mean :rolleyes:)

so you experiment and build things that produce some promising results....but then because they dont fit into your own (current?) view of the trading world you dont want to use them as they feel uncomfortable to implement.....:eek:

I have read that the best trades always hurt at the outset......

N

I've found my best days have been when I'm "in the zone" mentally - totally absorbed in the chart and not interpreting or expecting anything, just applying a strategy that I know will work more often than not. It's the sort of Zen clarity that meditators aim for, but which is very hard to maintain when we're immersed in a society that has to rationalise everything... and responds to comments like these with, "Ah, Grasshoppah!"