Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

nope USD is looking bullish.......lets leave the U/J 92.00 buy on the table though....this is a classic new trial trading signal that i keep ignoring because I dont like it !

N
I see the problem on this pair - my chart indicates a buy but I've learned from the corrie not to trade a pair that are both the same side of zero... looks like it's about to push higher though.

Watching the EURAUD - 5m corrie on 80 says the fall in the last 10 mins could be divergent, so might be a hopping on point for a buy

current fib resistance in £Yen looks good to hold 'til lunch? (So watch it skyrocket now!!)

Watching the EURAUD - 5m corrie on 80 says the fall in the last 10 mins could be divergent, so might be a hopping on point for a buy
Poor call:eek: it's going nowhere. At least I got the £Yen ceiling right... may as well flip a coin as listen to me!

Note to self: wait for the hourlies to kick in before exiting a position - got cold feet on £Yen:eek:...but luckily still long on €Yen as the corrie was showing a nice incline in the €:)

Yep - Sorry - theres no rules on the corrie GMP ......you have to create them yourself......:smart:

Perhaps thats why we get maximum views but minimal interaction here because I dont tell people to buy above the red dot and sell when the pink light comes on......

I do have Trading indicators that are Work in progress....but even they are not as simple as wait for the red light etc etc :sneaky:

N

Beware the ir scam

SCAM SCAM SCAM

beware all....theres a Very good inland revenue Tax refund e-mail Scam going around....links are perfect and I even phoned up the IR as I was so close to
believing it

my suspicion was raised by the fact that it took me 6 months to get a capital gains tax refund back last year.......they have short arms and very deep pockets re refunds :p

spread the word.........

N

Hi N & G and whoever else,

Straight into this morning's bun fight....

GU; Had to ignore my usual gung-ho tendencies and not enter long on 08:10 bar open - if price had been above 1.5 then it would have been different story here! Set buy stop at 49502 when flag arrived and had to wait for wick of 09:05 flat bar to fill this. Price moved up then reversed down to just below entry, weird 09:30 bar pushed price up with very large wick and then went down again with higher low print and recovered again only to make a frustrating sideways crawl for what seemed ages. Decided to bail out on close of largish 11:30 down bar for a miserable 9 pip profit as "price action" (action???) just wasnt around for this pair.

EU; Entered long at 33335 on open of 08:15 bar, price went down a few pips without any real threat then jumped up at 09:00, drifted down again for seven bars forming a higher low, recovered and started to climb northwards in series of staggered up / down moves and found a top at 11:20 then consolidated around this before TS taken out during sharp 11:35 down bar for 24 pip profit.

EG; First trade sell stop set at 89164 and eventually 09:10 bar filled thiis. Price went flat for two bars then edged up then dropped sharply at 09:30 only to recover once again and go into a tight range with no momentum anywhere in sight. Eventually 11:10 bar ended this miserable trade by taking out adjusted SL for 11 pip loss - left this pair alone after that little outing!

Very weird morning session for me, dont quite know what markets are waiting for but it looks as if something or other is on the horizon as prices are really beginning to coil in a spring like fashion - oh, it is springtime now so silly me there!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu250310.gif
    gu250310.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 119
  • eu250310.gif
    eu250310.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 111
  • eg250310.gif
    eg250310.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 118
Hi N & G and whoever else,

Straight into this morning's bun fight....

GU; Set buy stop at 49502 when flag arrived and had to wait for wick of 09:05 flat bar to fill this. Decided to bail out on close of largish 11:30 down bar for a miserable 9 pip profit as "price action" (action???) just wasnt around for this pair.

EU; Entered long at 33335 on open of 08:15 bar, TS taken out during sharp 11:35 down bar for 24 pip profit.
EG; First trade sell stop set at 89164 and eventually 09:10 bar filled thiis. Eventually 11:10 bar ended this miserable trade by taking out adjusted SL for 11 pip loss - left this pair alone after that little outing!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

some say he eats pips for breakfast.....
others say he wears his pants on the outside....
others merely wonder at his Trading prowness...

We call him

JRP

N

Attachments

• the stig.jpg
    the stig.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
hes never happy is he viewers !! ......:p

No ,I'm not! Whenever encountering rubbish morning sessions I scream and shout, throw teddy out of the pram then beat up the wife and daughters when they get home - nasty eh?.... Ooops, thats actually a description of the UK's prime minister there; my bad.
Simon.

No ,I'm not! Whenever encountering rubbish morning sessions I scream and shout, throw teddy out of the pram then beat up the wife and daughters when they get home - nasty eh?.... Ooops, thats actually a description of the UK's prime minister there; my bad.
Simon.

no no no mate

you make considered financial decisions based on years of research and experience ...and you never put any funds belonging to yourself or others who rely on you at excessive risk that could cause irrevocable poverty and misery in the future

leave it to the experts in Downing street.....:p

N

Simon.

do you wear your pants on the outside though while beating your family ?....1 out of 3 aint bad ?

N

sorry all............gotta dash......more Scams to set up and send out......

hmmm............10 pips a day trading system from a Laptop on a beach in the sun....guaranteed

nah.....no one would fall for that ....

Simon.
I wish my rubbish morning sessions were as "bad" as yours!
Any chance you could put some little entry & exit arrows on the charts you post? It'd save the brainache lazy viewers like me have figuring them out.:confused:

I see your USDJPY divergence came good eventually, NVP. Looks like the tag's broken for a second day running.

Yep - Sorry - theres no rules on the corrie GMP ......you have to create them yourself......:smart:

Perhaps thats why we get maximum views but minimal interaction here because I dont tell people to buy above the red dot and sell when the pink light comes on......

N
Yep, people looking for quick & easy profits:sneaky:. My limited experience tells me there's no such thing.... unless you can convince plebs you're selling a "Guaranteed System"!

Any chance you could put some little entry & exit arrows on the charts you post? It'd save the brainache lazy viewers like me have figuring them out.:confused:

I see your USDJPY divergence came good eventually, NVP. Looks like the tag's broken for a second day running.

Hi Gavin,

OK I'll try to do that for you from tomorrow, although my prowess of using those fiddly text drawing "facilities" within mt4 is naffing useless to say the least! Dont forget my broker time is four hours behind our London time until this weekend, then everything has to be altered for our one hour forward clock change so next week its a five hour offset - as if trading itself wasnt confusing enough!

Simon.

Selling £$, €Nz, €$... though I think the kiwi may have run out of steam.
Will pop back later with more egg on my face.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 154
Hi Gavin,

OK I'll try to do that for you from tomorrow, although my prowess of using those fiddly text drawing "facilities" within mt4 is naffing useless to say the least! Dont forget my broker time is four hours behind our London time until this weekend, then everything has to be altered for our one hour forward clock change so next week its a five hour offset - as if trading itself wasnt confusing enough!

Simon.

Thanks Simon, that would be cool.:clap:

Selling £$, €Nz, €$... though I think the kiwi may have run out of steam.
Will pop back later with more egg on my face.

Collected 50 pips off the dollar pairs, just in time judging by the Euro (more Brussels-induced jitter?) but lost 20 on the kiwi. That's okay - I'm happy to make 30 a day if I can do it consistently.

yep........I really must keep persuing this new trial indicator......look at the lovely market support for this move though once U/J got above the 92.....dj30 kept chuggin up (driving carry trade sells on the yen) and Gold was bearish that supported the rising USD.........luck or judgement who cares.....yen had been softerthan USD all morning since 8am so no reason for it to change tack at 92...... :smart:

1 nil !!! (y)

N

Attachments

• u j trade.jpg
    u j trade.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited: