Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

got back to 137.80 ..........I have quit here around b/e............ZZZZZZZ

what the hell is going on with T2Win ?...............posting has crawled to snail pace ......

stepping back to trade at moment........slow posting is affecting my concentration

morning all ...................after the big big divergence yesterday the 1hour 20ma doesn't really show much ........

drop down to 15m tf to get some clarity at present

N

Attachments

• divergence.PNG
    divergence.PNG
    32 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
nice wave patterns selling usd overnight on the 15m TF 20ma ..........ok the usd is a buy still on the 1 hour but that's up to you how much you play longer term vs shorter term trending .......

N

Attachments

• usd sell waves.PNG
    usd sell waves.PNG
    39.5 KB · Views: 116
taking too long to post here at present ...not sure if my PC or the T2Win server

will come back later

sorry all.........this week was a little difficult to get to screens re interviews and prep work.....

well heres the week on the standard indicator available below for free in links area

usd was up and down all week....nice flow

thursday was draghi's call..........took the chf and gbp with it ..too fast to call though.......the euro was under pressure on the 5mins before the announcement ..........but that's just noise

N

Attachments

• the week.PNG
    the week.PNG
    46.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
hey all

T2win is taking flak from hackers ....be patient with it as its a great site and I wouldn't have anywhere else as a home .....

N

(well apart from FF , and baby pips and forex-TSD , and Forex Fisherman , and Big mikes)

kidding !! :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
I was taking a quick look at YTD results on the currencies..........

heres an 800 ma setting to get some granularity on the line movements ....up really means buys and down really means sells .....no real ma skew

interestingly we have 3 currencies pretty flat now from jan

gbp,usd and the yen are back to square 1 pretty much ......see how the GU is back at 1.63 ?

blue Euro has been the sell (sure its shadow CHF is following)........and aud has been the real buy so far .............1600 pips of sell profit..........as all the software vendors will tell you if they sell you their holy grail products and services .........:p

lets see what Q4 brings as we approach the latter half now of 2014.......

everyone is calling euro sells now ...........bit late to the party though surely ? :whistling

later .......N :smart:

Attachments

• 2014 to date.PNG
    2014 to date.PNG
    32.2 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
well well................a classic example of NEVER holding trades over the weekend

gbp opened with a big hit ....ouch.....at 1.63 on my last post yesterday I spoke to soon

N

Attachments

• gbp dumped.PNG
    gbp dumped.PNG
    20.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
this will be my own bespoke systems and not necessarily from the core fxcorrelator here

gbp back on sells ......nice usd buys fir over an hour now .......yens a buy as well

always difficult to step onto the track .......do you jump on an established trend or wait ?

answer - wait .............the next bus will be along soon .........don't lose pips on early warm up trading in any session

jees t2win are in the wars here................

hopefully the site will be more stable soon ...............

plenty of pips around this morning if you are trading

N

for last few hours .........steadiest sells on AUD..........nicest buying patterns on Euro and USD

tough posting so have been trading

AUD has been a solid sell for 4 hours
Euro has a solid buy run for 6 hours until a few stalls recently
yen solid sell for 3 hours
gbp solid buy for over 2 hours
usd has been a buy for 70%+ of time since opening last night

if you havnt been trading shame.........because it doesnt get much easlier than this

later
N

tough posting so have been trading

AUD has been a solid sell for 4 hours
Euro has a solid buy run for 6 hours until a few stalls recently
yen solid sell for 3 hours
gbp solid buy for over 2 hours
usd has been a buy for 70%+ of time since opening last night

if you havnt been trading shame.........because it doesnt get much easlier than this

later
N

NVP - your correlator works on a metatrader platform. Are you using Alpari for the datafeed? If yes, it is a live or demo account and if the latter, have they clobbered it yet by disabling it and preventing you from re-registering?

As importantly, anyone wanting to use your correlator will face similar issues now that Alpari have adopted this approach to preventing anyone demoing their product. Do you have any suggestions for alternative data providers through MetaTrader?