Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

and just to prove that trading is the eternal paradox heres a 5min chart on the 500ma to tell you that the GBP is very overbought

Decisions decisions :smart:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...g-basic-ideas-strategies-912.html#post1566176

N

just tidying up any other loose ends from yesterday....heres the post mortem on my comment above when GBP looked to be the bull elephant to buy and I was expressing a little worry when we switched to the 500ma to see its position ....which was overbought !!!

and sure enough we see it never really cut it from then on in as it faded south.....

in this game you play the percentages and only trade when the percentages are good...in this case the GBP was the bull buy on our 80/20 system but in that Zone on the 500ma why take the risk ?......

now if it had been coming out of the more neutral Zones (nearer the Zero) I would have been happier to trade it......:smart:

later
N

Note this 5min 500ma template is available somewhere in the thread .....somewhere !!

Attachments

• told you so .jpg
    told you so .jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
hey all

I get a lot of private messages re Trading and my FREE system here so thankyou for that and the kind comments

(please send to [email protected] and I will always get back to you as soon as I can)

meanwhile I do see a lot of people looking for clarity, accuracy,reliability and (near) perfection in their prescribed approach to trading and the results it will then bring

Clarity ?..........Accuracy ?..........Perfection?.........Reliability ?

Jees .......who told you guys it was like this in the crazy world of trading ?.......it was those nice people in that $2,000+ dollar course wasnt it......sorry - if you want guarantees buy a washing machine :p

thats why the rewards are high for those that persevere and succeed.....they are taking all the money off of the others that hav'nt yet got it...and never will

N

Last edited:
divorce on yen and usd ............

Damn , that will close the door on my standard 80/20 system here for a while :mad:

see how crazy it is when this happens ?...its not that often..

in fact its the USD that is not Correlating and is showing early weakness into the us opening....hmmm !!

N

Attachments

• divorce.jpg
    divorce.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 129
hmmmm

a little advanced strategy here ...........or a punt in gambling terms :p

dows continued fall will tip the scales

N

Attachments

• gu sell.jpg
    gu sell.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
hmmm....CAD and USD are weak on the opening so far :sneaky:

Attachments

• cad and usd .jpg
    cad and usd .jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 114
hmmmm

a little advanced strategy here ...........or a punt in gambling terms :p

dows continued fall will tip the scales

N

hmmmm

I get the anticipated move on a rising USD , but GBP will not fall......Damn :mad:

in my approach all I have to do is get one currency direction right and I stay neutral / low loss levels........high probability trading

N

YES YES YES.....you can see the damn currency that fell - its blue and i'm going to shoot it

Attachments

• i hope you can follow this .jpg
    i hope you can follow this .jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 136
remember this is not a standard trade ...........its not the 80/20 system ....just a few little strategies I throw into the pot when I see unusual Situations ..like the yen/usd divorce presented

no money lost

N

Hello Coleration traders,
I am still bearish on EUR..
I have 2 positions on EURJPY wich is now on BE both are 100+ pips and also you can see my view for EURUSD here..EURUSD also rejecet from coleration

EURJPY

Retrace >

Cheers
Petar

Attachments

• againn.gif
    againn.gif
    68.1 KB · Views: 135
ok I gotta shoot....

looks like we are back to standard Correlation patterns on the 5 mins :smart:

I just picked the wrong European currency for the recent sell didnt I :rolleyes:

Later
N

Attachments

• show is over.jpg
    show is over.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 123
Hello Coleration traders,
I am still bearish on EUR..
I have 2 positions on EURJPY wich is now on BE both are 100+ pips and also you can see my view for EURUSD here..EURUSD also rejecet from coleration

Cheers
Petar

Videos - excellent Petar (y)

c'mon all share your corrie charts and videos

No one will bite ;)
N

Hmmm that didn't work out too well. Need to figure out how to upload a picture in here. Got to get back to teaching my class.

I've just learning your lesson here for about 3 days, i don't read all of them actually because tons of pages :), but i watch your video set up and thats help me a lot. I began took my trade and won 9 of 11 trades.( wish it on real ...hehehe), is it just beginner luck or am I start to absorb your lesson?
Thank you sir, I hope I can learn a lot from you. Wish you a good trade always. Cheers..

I've just learning your lesson here for about 3 days, i don't read all of them actually because tons of pages :), but i watch your video set up and thats help me a lot. I began took my trade and won 9 of 11 trades.( wish it on real ...hehehe), is it just beginner luck or am I start to absorb your lesson?
Thank you sir, I hope I can learn a lot from you. Wish you a good trade always. Cheers..

Hi, I'm fairly new here myself. My suggestion to you is to keep reading even though you're starting to grasp it. I've been reading and reading and the more you learn, the more you need to learn. Congrats on success so far. But there really is a lot more to learn. Hang in for the ride of your life.

M

Hey N,
At long last I'm on my new platform. I'm still setting up the charts though. Get back to you soon.

Oh by the way, should I keep using the split chart as well as the one with the 80, 20, etc....in the middle with the Dow on the end? Or should I just use the simple Corrie as my leftmost chart?

hi P

you made 9 sucessful trades out of 11 :eek::clap:

jees guys.........can we get some more posts and sharing here on the thread please ? :p

......I have so many people interested in using this but are little overawed by the size of the thread and just idiot me posting day in day out :eek:

post,post post and lets have a corrie party today :party::cheers:

c,mon - if you like corrie just post once here for me and the team around me that work so hard to spread the word (y)

N

and yes I am building the trading Course :rolleyes:

Hey N,
At long last I'm on my new platform. I'm still setting up the charts though. Get back to you soon.

Oh by the way, should I keep using the split chart as well as the one with the 80, 20, etc....in the middle with the Dow on the end? Or should I just use the simple Corrie as my leftmost chart?

its up to you M, its all about taste and what you like to see

(we are talking about the triple arrow verion available on page 529)

less is more on a chart for me and make sure you have nothing duplicating as its wasting space and eyeballpower - although an arrow doesnt tell you the exact positions of the currencies like a line chart does .......personal taste

N

man o man ........do I just love the Asian sessions :clap:

Well the Asian Session has opened our party day with a big big bang

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 179
:mad::(

I'm not having a party. I could spit nails right now!!!

I went hopping through hoops at FXCM after being assured that I would have the platform I needed. In fact, the demo account was so perfect and I thought that when I traded brokers and deposited all my funds that I would be sitting pretty.

I am so angry. It took forever to get the darn thing connected because something was wrong on their end.

Then finally I'm connected and lo and behold, the markescope is entirely different than my demo account!!!

So I immediately went on chat and had a tantrum because I was given the same old message that I have been receiving for over a month now.

"We can't allow for U.S. citizens to trade those."

I ask you this then, why tell me I can, why give me a demo that does? It makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm withdrawing my funds from them and going back to my broker.

I will need to figure out a way to play the Corrie where it is about as accurate and as close as I can get to having the Dow.

I tried using the demo alongside my regular broker and I have to tell you, it's a real pain in the butt switching around all day long. It doesn't give you a cohesive picture when you are darting back and forth between two brokers even though you have them up side-by-side. I mean there is only so much screen space on a computer.

I'm sick. I'm tired. I'm going to bed. You all will have to party without me.

So you see N? Here is your ranting Corrie girl.

Perhaps my dear N.....there is a need to take the US citizens into consideration where we don't have to spend weeks and weeks looking for a broker to give us the DOW.
:( :confused: :help: