Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

:mad::(

I'm not having a party. I could spit nails right now!!!

I went hopping through hoops at FXCM after being assured that I would have the platform I needed. In fact, the demo account was so perfect and I thought that when I traded brokers and deposited all my funds that I would be sitting pretty.

I am so angry. It took forever to get the darn thing connected because something was wrong on their end.

Then finally I'm connected and lo and behold, the markescope is entirely different than my demo account!!!

So I immediately went on chat and had a tantrum because I was given the same old message that I have been receiving for over a month now.

"We can't allow for U.S. citizens to trade those."

I ask you this then, why tell me I can, why give me a demo that does? It makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm withdrawing my funds from them and going back to my broker.

I will need to figure out a way to play the Corrie where it is about as accurate and as close as I can get to having the Dow.

I tried using the demo alongside my regular broker and I have to tell you, it's a real pain in the butt switching around all day long. It doesn't give you a cohesive picture when you are darting back and forth between two brokers even though you have them up side-by-side. I mean there is only so much screen space on a computer.

I'm sick. I'm tired. I'm going to bed. You all will have to party without me.

So you see N? Here is your ranting Corrie girl.

Perhaps my dear N.....there is a need to take the US citizens into consideration where we don't have to spend weeks and weeks looking for a broker to give us the DOW.
:( :confused: :help:

Hi M

why dont you ask on the more general T2W threads here re platforms for some advice on how to get the elusive Dow

N

hey all

its party time again ...a little Euro selling :cheesy:

The GBP was in on the move a little to early for me (regarding the yen/usd positioning) so I would have left it

N

Attachments

• nice Euro sell.jpg
    nice Euro sell.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 180
although if you step back to the 1 hour for more clarity ......it really is a potential USD/YEN Bear market off a rising Dow and you could wait for the 5 mins to fall back in line with this......

see the paradox of trading different timeframes.....20-30 easy pips on Selling Euro/USD recently but thats a retrace on the 1 hours :eek:

your money , your choice :smart:

N

Attachments

• 1 hours.jpg
    1 hours.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 123
I have been asked by a longer Term Trader about my views on the daily charts

pretty simple to me whats happening next actually .....I just switch my corrie and the dow to daily :smart:

ooooooo......usd and Yen look very very exposed (as per the previous 1 hour charts).....and thats off a 400 point fall in the dow as well so heaven help them if dow does now bounce North :eek:

N

Attachments

• dailys.jpg
    dailys.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 129
I have been also asked about Trading other currencies and would they work using the FXcorrelator based systems....

Of course they would and I follow another 8-10 in my private work (although clearly some correlations are new and uniquely different to my work on the G8 I use here)

jees those asian currencies sure know how to party (y)

N

and the aussie pair have got even more divergent, now up at the 3 band level - which for me is a screaming convergence trade signal (See my posts on page 775).....jees another bandwidth to 4 on those 2 and I will owe you all a million pounds ! - :eek:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...g-basic-ideas-strategies-913.html#post1566970

No way hosea
N

heres the latest edition of that famous Aussie Soap opera....

will AussieD and his lifelong friend KiwiD stop this nasty bickering and get back together ?

stay tuned Viewers - stay tuned :p

N

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dNuevekVUc&feature=related

Attachments

• aussie pair.jpg
    aussie pair.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 155
Hi M

why dont you ask on the more general T2W threads here re platforms for some advice on how to get the elusive Dow

N

N
The advice given me in those general forums or specific ones that I tracked down in here were those similar offered to me in here. I tracked every one of those suggestions down and the best I can do is to demo it.

It's okay now. After 4 hours of sleep I feel a bit better. Not ready to party with the Asians though. I'm still very tired :sleep: .

hi P

you made 9 sucessful trades out of 11 :eek::clap:

jees guys.........can we get some more posts and sharing here on the thread please ? :p

......I have so many people interested in using this but are little overawed by the size of the thread and just idiot me posting day in day out :eek:

post,post post and lets have a corrie party today :party::cheers:

c,mon - if you like corrie just post once here for me and the team around me that work so hard to spread the word (y)

N

and yes I am building the trading Course :rolleyes:

Hello Sir,
I think your continuing post in this thread is a guidance for us to learn more about this system, although i have to accelerate my reading to keep up with your posting speed:cheesy:, it is nice to always hear words from you teacher.

update : make it 11 of 15, this loosing side is because my lack of patience and dicipline to follow your rule on convergance/divergence trade.

and again, thank you Sir.:clap:

Last edited:
Hi, I'm fairly new here myself. My suggestion to you is to keep reading even though you're starting to grasp it. I've been reading and reading and the more you learn, the more you need to learn. Congrats on success so far. But there really is a lot more to learn. Hang in for the ride of your life.

M

Hello M,
I try to keep up my reading, and like you say there's a lot thing to learn here. Thank you, wish you a lot of good pips.:)
PS. thank you for the site

a little scrappy recently and the pure 80/20 system is keeping us safely out of trading chop

on my more advanced signalling systems it is also very dead.....all i have is some Buy CHF signals but nothing to hang off it ! :rolleyes:

N

Attachments

• scrappy.jpg
    scrappy.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 133
Hello M,
I try to keep up my reading, and like you say there's a lot thing to learn here. Thank you, wish you a lot of good pips.:)
PS. thank you for the site

thanks P

good luck in your trading journey (y)

N

hey all

I have to leave the party early as I am moving home this weekend....the mansion didnt cut it with only 25 bedrooms and I really do need a helipad when Donald visits :whistling

will try to post over weekend
N

Hi Maggieo,

CFD instruments (Contracts for difference) are not available to US residents due to restrictions by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on over-the-counter (OTC) financial instruments. This restriction is beyond

As a US resident, you will get to trade FXCM's latest symbol, the USDOLLAR. FXCM is introducing the option to trade the USDOLLAR with the Dow Jones FXCM Dollar Index Basket. It's available on demo accounts and coming soon to live accounts. http://www.fxcm.com/usdollar-dow-jones-fxcm-dollar-index-basket.jsp

Hope that makes you feel a little better! Good trading!

:mad::(

I'm not having a party. I could spit nails right now!!!

I went hopping through hoops at FXCM after being assured that I would have the platform I needed. In fact, the demo account was so perfect and I thought that when I traded brokers and deposited all my funds that I would be sitting pretty.

I am so angry. It took forever to get the darn thing connected because something was wrong on their end.

Then finally I'm connected and lo and behold, the markescope is entirely different than my demo account!!!

So I immediately went on chat and had a tantrum because I was given the same old message that I have been receiving for over a month now.

"We can't allow for U.S. citizens to trade those."

I ask you this then, why tell me I can, why give me a demo that does? It makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm withdrawing my funds from them and going back to my broker.

I will need to figure out a way to play the Corrie where it is about as accurate and as close as I can get to having the Dow.

I tried using the demo alongside my regular broker and I have to tell you, it's a real pain in the butt switching around all day long. It doesn't give you a cohesive picture when you are darting back and forth between two brokers even though you have them up side-by-side. I mean there is only so much screen space on a computer.

I'm sick. I'm tired. I'm going to bed. You all will have to party without me.

So you see N? Here is your ranting Corrie girl.

Perhaps my dear N.....there is a need to take the US citizens into consideration where we don't have to spend weeks and weeks looking for a broker to give us the DOW.
:( :confused: :help:

Hi Maggieo,

CFD instruments (Contracts for difference) are not available to US residents due to restrictions by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on over-the-counter (OTC) financial instruments. This restriction is beyond

As a US resident, you will get to trade FXCM's latest symbol, the USDOLLAR. FXCM is introducing the option to trade the USDOLLAR with the Dow Jones FXCM Dollar Index Basket. It's available on demo accounts and coming soon to live accounts. http://www.fxcm.com/usdollar-dow-jones-fxcm-dollar-index-basket.jsp

Hope that makes you feel a little better! Good trading!

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your reply. I've had a wasted day in trading and then again maybe not because I at least accomplished one thing.

Here's what I did. I finally found a site where you can subscribe to live streaming charts of your choice. After checking it out some. I decided to with it for now. At least its a live streaming chart, you can adjust the time and you can put in indicators. It cost me 9.99 a month and the first month is free because it is a trial month.

So for now, this will keep me happy.

I did have a long conversation with FXCM this morning with my sales rep. He apologized because somehow I got a hold of the UK demo account and with that, of course; I had everything I needed. So when I decided to go ahead and sign up with the US FXCM, I was sure I finally had one. Then when I finally signed in, my charts weren't there.

Being disgruntled about the whole thing, I told him you shouldn't be giving people demo accounts of what they will not be receiving. He said he didn't know how that had happened and apologized.

He offered the Trader II platform which I just recently closed with them, because I have no use for that platform and I did not like it anyway. He said that I could at least watch the DJ. But again, this is a demo account, and I'm trying to get away from that. I just like to keep things simple and permanent.

For those of you interested in the US, the site where I got the chart is at this url.
http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=charts&symbol=DJI^IDJI&from_login=1

Have a great day
:(

hey M

this has highlighted a major issue in my launch plans regarding supporting US Clients

as we have discussed privately some of my private indicators have the dow feeds integral to the systems and sitting alongside the Currencies - so they will not fire up unless the Dow/Currency Feeds are all on 1 platform like the UK FXCM offers

Hmmm :sneaky:

N

hey all

not bad to around lunchtime.....but then things dried up on this particular 80/20 standard setting I offer here for Free

one thing you need to understand about using the FXcorrelator is its infinite possibilities regarding identifying trading patterns and opportunities - only limited by your imagination

so the 80/20 is not the only game in town I an assure you :smart:

N

Attachments

• friday session.jpg
    friday session.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 141
:cry:
hey M

this has highlighted a major issue in my launch plans regarding supporting US Clients

as we have discussed privately some of my private indicators have the dow feeds integral to the systems and sitting alongside the Currencies - so they will not fire up unless the Dow/Currency Feeds are all on 1 platform like the UK FXCM offers

Hmmm :sneaky:

N

Well I sure hope we can get this figured out! I'm sure there are a lot of us out there like me who want to do this seamlessly instead of trying to do it the way I'm forced to do it right now.

I don't understand this. Is the UK the only ones who offer the DJ indices? If not, why can't I find a US based one? :(

:cry:

Well I sure hope we can get this figured out! I'm sure there are a lot of us out there like me who want to do this seamlessly instead of trying to do it the way I'm forced to do it right now.

I don't understand this. Is the UK the only ones who offer the DJ indices? If not, why can't I find a US based one? :(

hey M

keep asking - dare I say try Forex Factory to get this resolved

N