Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all...are you picking up the euro and GBP buys ?

dows finally climbed above the 80ma and 20ma on the 5mins so hopefully this could start locking
in for a decent session

N

hmmmmm....are the commdolls going to march up and past those European buys now ?

N

hey all...are you picking up the euro and GBP buys ?

dows finally climbed above the 80ma and 20ma on the 5mins so hopefully this could start locking
in for a decent session

N

No, was out and saw them a bit too late I think, although still some potential I guess.

Missed the great sells this morning, also. Should have been some great pips available for somebodies! Will be out most of tomorrow, so no watching, or trading, so get some pips for me!

I believe there are some UK numbers due out to keep folk entertained.

Nothing to do with Corrie or strength trading really, but just for fun, another example of how the mighty pin bar can be humbled sometimes. The one at 11:00 on the 1H chart of EUR/USD I saved at 11:46 looks pretty promising, doesn't it?

However, the one done much later shows a different story.

True there was a turning point 3 bars later, and you might have caught it using some form of price action, but I'd like to think that Corrie/ strength trading would have helped you to make a more informed trade (to steal someone's trademark), or informed decision, rather.

Attachments

• 14feb2011_1146_eurusd_1h.gif
    14feb2011_1146_eurusd_1h.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 14feb2011_1816_eurusd_1h.gif
    14feb2011_1816_eurusd_1h.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 150
Nothing to do with Corrie or strength trading really, but just for fun, another example of how the mighty pin bar can be humbled sometimes. The one at 11:00 on the 1H chart of EUR/USD I saved at 11:46 looks pretty promising, doesn't it?

However, the one done much later shows a different story.

True there was a turning point 3 bars later, and you might have caught it using some form of price action, but I'd like to think that Corrie/ strength trading would have helped you to make a more informed trade (to steal someone's trademark), or informed decision, rather.

hey M

in fairness to TD and James 16 group............they did tend to look for plenty of confluence elsewhere to support their pinbars ...........from Fibonaccis to MAs to pivot levels

..............everything in fact if I was being a little catty :rolleyes:

N

Last edited:
not bad - not bad :smart:

Attachments

• sucesul raid.jpg
    sucesul raid.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 163
ok ...I did a lot of research and backtesting over the weekend regarding BEST trading times

lets be honest here.........the potentially best signals for me should be when everything i use is pumping and I have optimum liquidity in the forex market to back it up

so Dow open hours and UK/US forex overlap hours are when the magic should happen

game on !
N

That is intriguing. You say "best signals should be when everything is pumping..." - is that what you found in your research and backtesting?

I did a bit of research into this backtesting when it was best to get into trades following short term MAs. It showed a bit of promise but it was inconclusive - i.e. I need to do more work on it!

That is intriguing. You say "best signals should be when everything is pumping..." - is that what you found in your research and backtesting?

I did a bit of research into this backtesting when it was best to get into trades following short term MAs. It showed a bit of promise but it was inconclusive - i.e. I need to do more work on it!

Hey A

the US opening should be the a1 session for my system .....:sneaky:

in truth i'm finding that the us session is no better than the london opening session and in absolute truth my experiences indicate the asian provdes the best conditions for solid and sustained trades

I think its the lack of destablising news from Europe and the US that allows the moves to be smooth......crazy

I have no statistics to prove this - just screentime :rolleyes:
N

Hello guys i want post some chanels for watch :)

Currenltly i see good EUR and Cable UP...ON GBP we have very good chanel projection and on EUR we broke chanel and we can go UP.We will see tomorow,i have EURUSD buy according Volume price action.
NVP whats up man ? :):smart:

Cheers and green pips

Petar

Attachments

• up.gif
    up.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 132
  • eurup.gif
    eurup.gif
    33.8 KB · Views: 162
hey M

in fairness to TD and James 16 group............they did tend to look for plenty of confluence elsewhere to support their pinbars ...........from Fibonaccis to MAs to pivot levels

..............everything in fact if I was being a little catty :rolleyes:

N

Yes, mostly turning-points-S/R I seem to remember. I had also looked at the monthly, weekly, and daily chart, and marked any turning-points, but nothing relevant was passed down (as it were) to the 1H, in that particular case (which is not to say it doesn't occur ... it does). As TD always said, it's not the pinbar, it's where it occurs, and I'm sure he wouldn't have taken that one (when he was trading pinbars, which he says he doesn't now).

Currenltly i see good EUR and Cable UP...ON GBP we have very good chanel projection and on EUR we broke chanel and we can go UP.We will see tomorow,i have EURUSD buy according Volume price action.

Cheers and green pips

Petar

What time-frame do you tend to trade Petar?

Hey A

the US opening should be the a1 session for my system .....:sneaky:

in truth i'm finding that the us session is no better than the london opening session and in absolute truth my experiences indicate the asian provdes the best conditions for solid and sustained trades

I think its the lack of destablising news from Europe and the US that allows the moves to be smooth......crazy

I have no statistics to prove this - just screentime :rolleyes:
N

From subjective and very limited recent experience (i.e. no backtesting), I'd tend to agree. Late (or sometimes early) Asian and early ~(sometimes only early-ish) UK-session, has often been great.

Last year, when I was trading like a loon, there used to be a very noticeable difference between UK morning and afternoon sessions for cable, presumably associated with NY coming on stream. I think there is still a difference, but the pattern seems to have changed. Maybe it's just the time of year or something.

What time-frame do you tend to trade Petar?

Hello monmorecyt2w,

As i said many times on FF forum to me fallowers.Timeframe isnt important in trading,most important thing is to recognaze priceaction,that can be on D1,H4,H1,if you can find good sup,res zones,chanels or whatever you trading you have good chance to earn pips.Also i think i posted on this forum but i must repeat again for new guys here.Find strategy accorindg your personality and dont expirement,just define discipline,Risk control per week and you will get that.
I got 5,6 mails every day from guys (FF) and they want to learn discipline.My answer is in signature :smart:

I post on this thread becouse i respect NVP.s work and always when i have time and see good chanel for watch i post here...(y)

Cheers and gree pips

Petar

overnights.............ok but you needed to be more relaxed on that dow

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 117

Cheers and green pips

Petar

GBP and Euro were above the 80ma on the 5mins all night.....

lookin good petar....lookin Good :cool:

tight range at the moment..........always worth considering a punt on the prime movers that burst it :smart:

so arguably the swissie has already signaled intentions north...
N

Attachments

• tght range.jpg
    tght range.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 115
the Gbp has decded to run south.........

notice how the tag can do nothing but hold or go north.....the dow is tanking

thats enough for me.....i'm nervous of the overruns here.....dow will retrace soon

Hello monmorecyt2w,

As i said many times on FF forum to me fallowers.Timeframe isnt important in trading,most important thing is to recognaze priceaction,that can be on D1,H4,H1,if you can find good sup,res zones,chanels or whatever you trading you have good chance to earn pips.Also i think i posted on this forum but i must repeat again for new guys here.Find strategy accorindg your personality and dont expirement,just define discipline,Risk control per week and you will get that.
I got 5,6 mails every day from guys (FF) and they want to learn discipline.My answer is in signature :smart:

I post on this thread becouse i respect NVP.s work and always when i have time and see good chanel for watch i post here...(y)

Cheers and gree pips

Petar

excellent advice Petar..........

you have to find the suit that fits you in this game..........and it doesnt happen overnight :smart:

when I look back in the late 80's and 90's i was just dumb lucky with most of my efforts.....which I was only doing when I wasnt gambling on the Horses where I had over 30 years of experience (my family background)

its only been in the last few years (after taking a complete break from trading for probably 6 years or so due to family health issues) that I decided to revisit every type of approach/system in Trading (through the wonderful thing called the internet) and stumbled upon something called strengthmeters which is primarily for forex.........there wasnt much around in truth but i persevered and then decided to do my own thing

1 small step at a time and those small steps continue today.............

N

Last edited: