Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hi N and whoever else,

GU; First trade entered long at 54139 on open 09:35 bar, price slipped down then rose again slowly printing 10:15 new local high, then it gently fell over and 10:35 bar caught TS for 5 point profit. Second trade buy stop at 54308 touched by 11:00 bar, price went down then up to form 11:10 new local high then fell over in a heap taking out adjusted SL during 11:30 bar for 17 point loss.

EU; Entered short at 34293 on open 09:40 bar, price moved down a bit more then retreated beyond entry point, threatened SL then at last turned back down south, caught some momentum and printed 11:45 new local low, then moved up slightly on next and as time running out this was used as exit for 24 point profit - could have held on for another two bars as price slipped again but rules is rules for me.

EG; Bit of a dog's dinner chart wise this morning so left this pair alone.

Not much to comment on here apart from the fact that I only just managed to scrape through the day. Annoyed about that EG chart as there looked to be some ideal opportuinities to spear a few points - trade well and regards,
Simon.

This is the stage I want to get to - no second-guessing. How did you train yourself Simon? ECT?!
- Gavin

Neil, I will get back to you about the indicator, as soon as I have a more or less reliable screen to watch at work.

Gavin, take a look at GBPUSD vs. EURUSD. Oftentimes the GBPUSD will signal a movement before EURUSD reacts. I don't quite know why, maybe because GBPUSD is more volatile and overall market movements that affect USD or the Eurozone have a higher impact on GBPUSD, which is just backed by the Pound.

I have often seen GBPUSD move into a completely unexpected direction with EURUSD going about its business as if nothing happened. Then, a few minutes later EURUSD suddenly seems to abandon its intention and follows GBPUSD.

Thanks Till, will keep an eye out for that.

This is the stage I want to get to - no second-guessing. How did you train yourself Simon? ECT?!
- Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Trained myself through wiping out two banks in quick succession in my early trading days - thats a lesson never forgot!
Simon.

Hi Gavin,

Trained myself through wiping out two banks in quick succession in my early trading days - thats a lesson never forgot!
Simon.

Much better way of learning than any amount of demo accounts though. I lost a stack in my first couple of years and have since been unwilling to risk similar amounts, probably becoming over-cautious as a result. I need more faith in my system instead of persistently over-ruling it.
Cheers - Gavin

is market finally getting sorted ?

my charts are -1 hour GMT so the 2pm is correct timing

N

Attachments

• 21st pm.jpg
    21st pm.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 135
God that U/J buy is nice........I was sniffing around this move earlier as you saw.....just about timing of course

Yen getting nice and volatile again verses the Usd....so when they fall the yen falls faster and vice versa......hasnt been so good recently but this is getting real promising again (y)

N

Attachments

• u J trades.jpg
    u J trades.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 133
and for all you longer timeframe fans............. :)

Attachments

• 4h.jpg
    4h.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 135
Hi N and whoever else,

GU; First trade entered long at 54139 on open 09:35 bar, 10:35 bar caught TS for 5 point profit. Second trade buy stop at 54308 touched by 11:00 bar, adjusted SL during 11:30 bar for 17 point loss.

EU; Entered short at 34293 on open 09:40 bar, exit for 24 point profit - could have held on for another two bars as price slipped again but rules is rules for me.

EG; Bit of a dog's dinner chart wise this morning so left this pair alone.

Not much to comment on here apart from the fact that I only just managed to scrape through the day. Annoyed about that EG chart as there looked to be some ideal opportuinities to spear a few points - trade well and regards,
Simon.

pips is pips JRP......messy day :eek:

I made 10 on that but poss out to early - had a signal at 9.25 but unwilling to take a position right before the Jobless figures. Guess that's why fortune favours the brave!

Nope - Trading favours the Coward.......if its not right to trade step away.....watching profits which had your name on them is part of the mental game (designed to weaken you or course) and it will happen time after time the better you get.....

wish them on there way and wait for the next bus :smart:

N

- Gavin

Please dont ask him that .......dont go there :eek::eek:

it involves red wine and dressing up as Karen Brady

what have you done.........:cry:
N

Nope - Trading favours the Coward.......if its not right to trade step away.....watching profits which had your name on them is part of the mental game (designed to weaken you or course) and it will happen time after time the better you get.....

wish them on there way and wait for the next bus :smart:

N

Sage advice! Always intrigues me how you sometimes get the little push up before these announcements. Is it pure speculation, or do some financial houses have friends at the National Office of Statistics?:whistling

N

Umm... Glad you mentioned that N. One day whilst nosing through wifey's enormous array of wardrobes and slurping the giggly juice....

N

:LOL:
Anyone buy EURAUD this morning? About the only clear trade I can see at the moment.

whats this just popped in my mailbox ?

Fellow Trader,

Just want to remind you that the Delphi webinar starts in
just a few hours from now!

http://www.delphiscalper.com/webinar

The excitement over the Delphi release is monumental...

Tens of thousands of traders are pounding down the doors
as they wait just few more hours for it to go live!

And I am personally thrilled to be holding this
webinar, because with as much buzz as I've created, and now
I'm FORCED to give away real, valuable trading secrets on this
webinar...

If you have registered already, consider this a VERY important
reminder. If you haven't do it quickly...

http://www.delphiscalper.com/webinar

See you on the webinar!

Good Trading,
Jason Fielder

PS- We just decided last night to share an EXTRA special surprise
at the end of the call... so that means that beyond your chance to win
the system as a scholarship for attending, you will be in for an extra
treat. Clear your schedule and register now!

Grab your spot now, before it really IS too late.

and I just received a spam message from some newbie called "Financial Gain", advertising their site and asking me to pay £99 a month for their brilliant signals... how do we report spam to T2W?

hmmm

that really reminds me - must finish my first FXcorrelator commercial system this week

contact me for details at the home page here at T2W...

and no - i'm not "buzzing" or going to share extra "special" surprises with you ....i'll be offering kick a*se systems at reasonable prices......and i'm here to answer your questions day in day out as per the last 8 solid months

and yes they do take a little time to learn and perfect and no its not overnight whizz bang profits

spare me - (sorry my bloods up again)
N

and I just received a spam message from some newbie called "Financial Gain", advertising their site and asking me to pay £99 a month for their brilliant signals... how do we report spam to T2W?

We get spammed all the time here on this thread due to nearly 45,000 views - the moderators normally get to them before i do (y)

N

:LOL:
Anyone buy EURAUD this morning? About the only clear trade I can see at the moment.

hmm......sure theres some money there mate - picked up nicely just before lunch

CAD and CHF were in attendance as well ?

N

Attachments

• days action.jpg
    days action.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 133