Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ouch Dj30 alert....thats not conducive to selling tag

poss play selling U/J below 93.28 if this continues

ouch Dj30 alert....thats not conducive to selling tag

poss play selling U/J below 93.28 if this continues

That took a while to filter through to the forex markets - do the Dow futures always lead like that? Or would that be too good to be true?
In fact, at the mo' it looks like it's only really impacted the Yen.

did every one enjoy that ?....was just about 10 pips on the table.....a few more if yuo went in earlier that the 93.28 level...

rock and roll !
N

That took a while to filter through to the forex markets - do the Dow futures always lead like that? Or would that be too good to be true?

no guarantees my friend.....theres no holy grail in these methods....just practice and setting the traps....

The more I practice the luckier i'm getting !

N

GMP

I recently sent you and tigloo a really nice customised indicator for scalping the U/J ......pm me if you cant get it working

it signalled that particular trade/move very early.....have you got the DJ30 and Gold on your Broker feeds ?

n

GMP

I recently sent you and tigloo a really nice customised indicator for scalping the U/J ......pm me if you cant get it working

it signalled that particular trade/move very early.....have you got the DJ30 and Gold on your Broker feeds ?

n

I'm still focused on trying to get this system of mine working at the mo', so am doing my best to ignore any other avenues of distraction (I wander off too easily!). I'll definitely give it a look eventually, but that scalp is a case in point. Your entry would've been too early for my system, and I'm already second-guessing it too much (see http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/91616-icc-forex-system-testing.html#post1108496).

nice plays out there recently

markets went down, Tag went up , eurotribe down and Commdoll tribe up

shimples !
N

I'm still focused on trying to get this system of mine working at the mo', so am doing my best to ignore any other avenues of distraction (I wander off too easily!). I'll definitely give it a look eventually, but that scalp is a case in point. Your entry would've been too early for my system, and I'm already second-guessing it too much (see http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/91616-icc-forex-system-testing.html#post1108496).

of course.....stick to your gameplan....it has to work for you :smart:

GMP you are developing quickly now....far more than you realise (y)

N

of course.....stick to your gameplan....it has to work for you :smart:

GMP you are developing quickly now....far more than you realise (y)

N

thankyou Master!
(Only taken me six years so far...)

Neil, I will get back to you about the indicator, as soon as I have a more or less reliable screen to watch at work.

Gavin, take a look at GBPUSD vs. EURUSD. Oftentimes the GBPUSD will signal a movement before EURUSD reacts. I don't quite know why, maybe because GBPUSD is more volatile and overall market movements that affect USD or the Eurozone have a higher impact on GBPUSD, which is just backed by the Pound.

I have often seen GBPUSD move into a completely unexpected direction with EURUSD going about its business as if nothing happened. Then, a few minutes later EURUSD suddenly seems to abandon its intention and follows GBPUSD.

Hi N and whoever else,

GU; First trade entered long at 54139 on open 09:35 bar, price slipped down then rose again slowly printing 10:15 new local high, then it gently fell over and 10:35 bar caught TS for 5 point profit. Second trade buy stop at 54308 touched by 11:00 bar, price went down then up to form 11:10 new local high then fell over in a heap taking out adjusted SL during 11:30 bar for 17 point loss.

EU; Entered short at 34293 on open 09:40 bar, price moved down a bit more then retreated beyond entry point, threatened SL then at last turned back down south, caught some momentum and printed 11:45 new local low, then moved up slightly on next and as time running out this was used as exit for 24 point profit - could have held on for another two bars as price slipped again but rules is rules for me.

EG; Bit of a dog's dinner chart wise this morning so left this pair alone.

Not much to comment on here apart from the fact that I only just managed to scrape through the day. Annoyed about that EG chart as there looked to be some ideal opportuinities to spear a few points - trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu210410.gif
    gu210410.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 135
  • eu210410.gif
    eu210410.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 117
now a buy U/J is shaping up......above 93.17 and pray that dj30 keeps rising fast

fast 10 and no prisoners

n

game on 93.08 is as good as any stop.....dj30 climbing above 11052 and it will be superb

DJ is moving upwards now (Doh)......when do you want me to load up the hit my head against a wall Video ?

actually skip that this is a messy one so I am not upset at being out.....

anyway back to cotton picking...sorry i'm fixated on the U/J ....you have to appeciate i was researching TAG vs G6 stuff a year ago so its excellent solid stuff - but is not as much fun to me as newer research principles/Ideas

N

right call on that U/J ....looks like everything loading up for more Tag rises....just need USD to start some upward motion

CAd looks most vunerable to a sell in G6..........go at breach of 0.9976 ?

N

this is frustrating .....all the G6 are now potentially sells here ......