Commentary on The Journey from the Basement

In this very same thread and also he mentioned the bit about the unrealized losses in your twc thread ...

ok..we will see..we will let hh explain what you are talking about?

as for the losses..a loss is not a loss until you close the trade..it is called a paper loss..same way a profit is not a profit until trade closed

all good traders know..that..the big money is to be made with the buy and hold trades..but..to accomplish this task..one must have sufficient funds to withstand the associated paper loss in account

money makes money..under capitalized is a recipe for disater if you take it upon yourself to trade this way..again..most do not have a clue and think the text books will show you what..and when..to do it..but..we all know that in reality..it is not that way at all..far from it..actually

ok..we will see..we will let hh explain what you are talking about?

as for the losses..a loss is not a loss until you close the trade..it is called a paper loss..same way a profit is not a profit until trade closed

all good traders know..that..the big money is to be made with the buy and hold trades..but..to accomplish this task..one must have sufficient funds to withstand the associated paper loss in account

It is called mark to market , unrealized loss is a loss , so for example if i am still holding RIMM from $120 and now it is around $9 are you saying that i didn't lose anything ?! surely i lost alot of money whether i closed the position or not doesn't make a difference ... it is a loss

It is called mark to market , unrealized loss is a loss , so if i am still holding RIMM from $120 and now it is around $9 surely i lost alot of money whether i closed the position or not doesn't make a difference ... it is a loss

you must have heard of negative equity..the germans screwed us and many of our young people are holding houses that..if they sell..they will lose money..as the current market value is less than what they paid

it is a paper loss..they do not actually lose the money until they sell the house..they can either sell now..and realize the paper loss..or wait for house prices to recover..if they do..or..they can restructure the debt so that they can have more disposable income

of course..the real problem..is..they did not have enough money..if they had..they could have bought the house..and lived happily ever after

do you now see why you are wrong?

btw..i do not blame you for thinking that way..i blame the stupid academic fools who think everthing can be worked out by theory..not practice!

Trading 101

So if someone is still holding RIMM he didn't lose anything ! And there is no difference between who bought RIMM at 120 and who shorted up there as long as they still holding their positions !

Classic

So Mark Zuckerberg is not billionaire after all hence he didn't sell his stake in FB !

So if someone is still holding RIMM he didn't lose anything ! And there is no difference between who bought RIMM at 120 and who shorted up there as long as they still holding their positions !

Classic

how many times do i have to say it..it is not an actual loss until trade is closed..it is a PAPER LOSS

of course..the big risk with any stock..is..they can go bust..then you automatically lose..ask sean quinn..he will vetify this for you

therefore..if you are not willing..and ABLE..to take on this risk..for potential reward..then..YOU DO NOT TRADE this way

personally..i do not trade this way..for..i have discovered a way to get a 1:5 risk reward ratio for daytrading..so i have no need to take on larger risk than i need..but that is me. we are all different..like hh..and..all i can rhink..is that..he is adequately capitalized to trade this way..for..he doesn't appear to be thick..so he must have the money

oh yes..i might have said this already somewhere

as any stock can go to zero..if you trade the way mentioned..you must diversify to spread you risk..then..your odds of winning are multiplied

i am no good at maths..but i am sure hh will give you some stats if you need same..i do not..as i understand how it works

I am still holding Dow shorts from 11000 i didn't lose anything hence i didn't close the positions ... !

I am still holding Dow shorts from 11000 i didn't lose anything hence i didn't close the positions ... !

that is because you are selling..the way mentioned is primarily based on buying..for a valid reason..called economic stabilization..common stuff..but again..uncommon to most

you are not seeing the whole picture..first..you must realize that almost everything in society is controlled..especially the financial markets..if you can not see this..and believe this..then you are better off to keep away..as your odds of taking money from those in control will be very very small

Hi Lúidín,
see the live trades and vendor live trades threads..why do you think many do not post live trades there..including your good self:)
I get the distinct impression that your head is easily turned by anyone who posts so called 'live' trades. That's your prerogative of course, but it's not an especially important aspect of T2W. Some would say - me included - that's it's not important at all. I don't do it for a whole host of reasons; top of the list being that I see no value in it and, personally, I actively don't want people to pay attention to anything I say based on their perception of my trading ability (or lack thereof).

The novice, or even people who know diddly squat about trading often have interesting insights into the subject. By way of example, for anyone who wants a masterclass in having a plan and then executing flawlessly time after time, look no further than an episode of Professional Masterchef.

i do not need to be diplomatic..i am not getting paid by t2w..or trying to sell anything to anyone
No, you don't need to be diplomatic. However, if you want to be taken seriously, then I put it to you that your agenda - whatever it might be - is far more likely to be served if you made some effort in this regard. Failing that, at least explain the purpose and benefit to members of treating them with disdain?

i say it as i see it..if some people don't like..so be it
Respect others.jpg

let me give you a recent example

yesterday..in the live trades thread..the one where a very small few of us post live trade details..metrader and i had a brief discussion on market direction

metrader was thinking the SPX might go down more..and i said no..i do not think so..in fact..i said the odds of it closing where it opened today were extremely high

the SPX closed bout 4 points from where i said..the SPY..which is more accurate for short term..closed at or near where it opened..not sure if exact level..u can easily check..but very close

point is..the markets are controlled..and..you must look at things as they happen..not what has happened or might happen

just making the point..which actually happened

that is because you are selling..the way mentioned is primarily based on buying..for a valid reason..called economic stabilization..common stuff..but again..uncommon to most

I am still holding back months oil longs from $100 i didnt lose anything hence i didnt close them yet !

Hi Lúidín,

I get the distinct impression that your head is easily turned by anyone who posts so called 'live' trades. That's your prerogative of course, but it's not an especially important aspect of T2W. Some would say - me included - that's it's not important at all. I don't do it for a whole host of reasons; top of the list being that I see no value in it and, personally, I actively don't want people to pay attention to anything I say based on their perception of my trading ability (or lack thereof).

The novice, or even people who know diddly squat about trading often have interesting insights into the subject. By way of example, for anyone who wants a masterclass in having a plan and then executing flawlessly time after time, look no further than an episode of Professional Masterchef.

No, you don't need to be diplomatic. However, if you want to be taken seriously, then I put it to you that your agenda - whatever it might be - is far more likely to be served if you made some effort in this regard. Failing that, at least explain the purpose and benefit to members of treating them with disdain?

View attachment 212052

i can tell when someone posts live trades or not..it is very easy..and..it is all that matters..really

you have raised several important points tim..the most important being time wasting..for..that is my agenda..to show people how much time they can waste..and money..listening to what i call walter mitttys..people who are in a dream world..thinking they are someone they are not

trading is a hard game..not for the meek and easily led..hence my attitude and approach

to me..the most important thing is honestly..everything else takes second place..therefore..i will always say what i think..no matter what..

i must stress again..the so called "stats" are widely accepted as being true..in that..95% or more..will lose money trading..so..that implies..that..if you listen to 95%..or more..of the people who post..you will lose

this is a logical deduction..do you agree?

I am still holding back months oil longs from $100 i didnt lose anything hence i didnt close them yet !

ha ha..again..you show that you have not done your homework..the Oil market is an exception..for..Oil is the major factor..now that is..in a stable economy..so..why do you think Oil is priced so low now..do you really think supply and demand is the reason

the nymex gansters are a law unto their own..why..because the hold the key to stability..and can call the shots

i told you..everything is controlled..it is clear as day..if you look!

Hi Lúidín,

View attachment 212052

I think you take your own advice. It fascinates me how often you come to the aid of others on this site, who are more interested in attacking and gagning up upon others instead of coming to the aid of the one being ganged up on.

Your own far left agenda is clouding your judgement. I would expect staff to be impartial. Show me where you have ever been supportive or have prevented people from ganging up on someone who does not hold your viewpoint and I will show you proof that I am Warren Buffett.

I think it would be fine if you were practicing a non-intervention policy. However, you do not do this.

Last edited:
btw..watch crude oil over the next few days..you can make some big money if you call it right..and the odds are starting to lean one way!

ha ha..again..you show that you have not done your homework..the Oil market is an exception..for..Oil is the major factor..now that is..in a stable economy..so..why do you think Oil is priced so low now..do you really think supply and demand is the reason

the nymex gansters are a law unto their own..why..because the hold the key to stability..and can call the shots

i told you..everything is controlled..it is clear as day..if you look!

I am still holding AIG , Citi , RIMM , Bear stearns , Lehman shares from 2007 highs i didn't lose anything yet hence i didn't sell , and i am still holding Zynga btw :smart:

I think you take your own advice. It fascinates me how often you come to the aid of others on this site, who are more interested in attacking and gagning up upon others instead of coming to the aid of the one being ganged up on.
I'm not ganging up on anyone or coming to the aid of anyone who is! On the contrary, I'm coming to Lui's aid by outlining to him the advantages of phrasing his posts in a manor that allows the greatest number of members to enjoy and benefit from them.

Your own far left agenda is clouding your judgement.
Let me guess, for your day job you're a comedian. In all the years I've been at T2W, I've been insulted in many ways and accused of many things - but this takes the biscuit by a county mile. Far left agenda indeed, lol!

I would expect staff to be impartial.
My advice would be not to expect anything of others. I act - or at least make every effort to do so - in the best interests of T2W and it's members. That's all I'm doing here.

Show me where you have ever been supportive or have prevented people from ganging up on someone who does not hold your viewpoint and I will show you proof that I am Warren Buffett.
If you have a particular problem with me hhiusa, by all means spell it out. Undoubtedly, there are areas in which I can improve and things I could do better to serve T2W and it's members. I accept that fully and I welcome any constructive feedback in that regard, but I won't have my time wasted and be sent on wild goose chases playing silly games.

I think it would be fine if you practicing a non-intervention policy. However, you do not do this.
Well, there's a catch-22 here as, effectively, this would require me not to post ever on any topic. Now, I imagine you would say that would be highly desirable - and you're welcome to your view - but it does make it difficult for staff to be seen to be actively participating with members and engaged in the current hot discussions. Unless I'm presented with compelling evidence to the contrary - I'll continue as I am. In the meantime, you're welcome to put me on ignore.
Tim.

Last edited: