Commentary on The Journey from the Basement

Alright, I am going to bed. You have written a lot without writting anything of substance. Your avoidance of my questions speaks volumes. I have not come across anyone so dodgy as you.

Alright, I am going to bed. You have written a lot without writting anything of substance. Your avoidance of my questions speaks volumes. I have not come across anyone so dodgy as you.

How we are going to discuss trading seriously when you argue about simple stuff : Closing positions !

How we are going to discuss trading seriously when you argue about simple stuff : Closing positions !

You can indeed be in opposing positions simultaneously. Why you would want to do this is beyond me except for possible hedging purposes. It is indeed possible.

You could short a stock and call its option. You could also do this using sub accounts. Trading from an individual non professional account may be why this is not an option.

You can indeed be in opposing positions simultaneously. Why you would want to do this is beyond me except for possible hedging purposes. It is indeed possible.

You could short a stock and call its option. You could also do this using sub accounts. Trading from an individual non professional account may be why this is not an option.

Not hedging closing , when you sell your shares you would have closed your long stock position same goes for options when you sell calls at the same expiry and strike price you closed your long call position . Easy .

Trading 101

We are talking about stocks or options or futures in the same brokerage account .

Buy then sell same security = Closed .

Sell then buy same security = Closed .

The last thing I want is a discussion about him! It was a long time ago and I have moved on.

If you find him, I'm sure that you deserve each other.

what is wrong..if you can not deal with peoples comments on a website..then that will reflect in your trading judgement

i do not dislike anyone..as it does me no good..however..i dislike the german bankers for screwing over our young generation..but that is a different kind of dislike..

if you cant handle the flames..do not play with the fire

when i contact SOCRATES i might take him up on his offer for a nice sail on that yacht he bought from his options winnings..remember..the time he lost credibility..:LOL:

When you contact Socrates you might find that he does not have a yacht anymore. The last I heard he went aground in the Chesapeake Bay. He might have lost more than his credibility.

In any case, I don't need advice from his admirers, thanks very much.

When you contact Socrates you might find that he does not have a yacht anymore. The last I heard he went aground in the Chesapeake Bay. He might have lost more than his credibility.

now that is sad news..i will let you know the outcome..maybe he wanted to get rid of it:)

as for admirers..years ago i posted an pdf called Ion..it was a discussion held between Socrates..and a muse called Ion..in summary..Socrates..through dialogue..proved to Ion..that his obsession with Homer..was not due to skill and knowledge..but was nothing more than "divine inspiration"

point..when you are dealing with people..you must understand exactly what it is they know..and don't know..if you take peoples word blindly..then you might just be in for one big surprise in your life

i knew exactly what SOCRATES knew..and did not know..and i can tell you this..SOCRATES is no fool..far from it..he is one of the smartest people i ever met..and i was not inspired by what he wrote..but i fully understood what he done..and why he done it

FYI
The yacht didn't run aground, it was hit by a storm at night, the mainmast collapsed and both Albert and his wife were injured. It was serious. They were rescued by a US Coastguard cutter after a passing ship saw Albert signalling with a torch as the radio was wrecked and the Very light supply was used up earlier.

FYI
The yacht didn't run aground, it was hit by a storm at night, the mainmast collapsed and both Albert and his wife were injured. It was serious. They were rescued by a US Coastguard cutter after a passing ship saw Albert signalling with a torch as the radio was wrecked and the Very light supply was used up earlier.

glad to hear they were ok..the yacht would not bother SOCRATES..as The Bull paid for it:)

Why are you so angry?

Not hedging closing , when you sell your shares you would have closed your long stock position same goes for options when you sell calls at the same expiry and strike price you closed your long call position . Easy .

No dude, sorry. It can be done. Who is your broker?

Screen_Shot_2016_01_03_at_8_19_02_AM.png

Probably as good a time as any to throw in the towel hhiusa. :whistling

"In the same account" cant , sub accounts different story .

Sub accounts are just extensions. I view them as one since I do not need to be in all of them to trade all of them.

This was all started because you said that you do not double down. I am waiting to hear from you about your stops. You think trading without stops and double down is risky and I think trading with money that is not yours is risky.