Commentary on The Journey from the Basement

This reminds me of another grade Z discussion from yrs ago. Anyone remember HoCo? :LOL:

this reminds me of how everyone ganged up on SOCRATES..just because they could not understand his methods..and the way he trained people how to trade using VSA..then..The Bull comes along..with another valid approach to trading options on the ftse 100..and..again..the "same old crowd" gang up and ridicule..all because they can not understand

i can honestly say..after a good few years trading..and dealing with people..SOCRATES and The Bull were 2 of the best traders i have come across..there is only 1 other person that was on t2w that would be much better than both of them..but i will not say his name..for he is a very modest person..and makes all of the so called traders on t2w look like muppets

i always speak what is on my mind..as some of you know well:)

this reminds me of how everyone ganged up on SOCRATES..just because they could not understand his methods..and the way he trained people how to trade using VSA..then..The Bull comes along..with another valid approach to trading options on the ftse 100..and..again..the "same old crowd" gang up and ridicule..all because they can not understand

i can honestly say..after a good few years trading..and dealing with people..SOCRATES and The Bull were 2 of the best traders i have come across..there is only 1 other person that was on t2w that would be much better than both of them..but i will not say his name..for he is a very modest person..and makes all of the so called traders on t2w look like muppets

i always speak what is on my mind..as some of you know well:)

Exactly.

Psalms 1:1
Oh, blessed is he who does not [...] join in with mockers.

. . .i can honestly say..after a good few years trading..and dealing with people..SOCRATES and The Bull were 2 of the best traders i have come across..there is only 1 other person that was on t2w that would be much better than both of them..but i will not say his name..for he is a very modest person..and makes all of the so called traders on t2w look like muppets. . .
Hi Lúidín,
Please can you offer some instruction as to how I and other members might interpret this comment? Perhaps you want us to take you (even) more seriously than we might have been inclined to hitherto because you know someone who makes us lot 'look like muppets'? After all, none of us think of ourselves as muppets, so the 'fact' that you know someone who makes us look like muppets must mean your friend / acquaintance is truly very special. And how frustrating it is that you know who s/he is and we don't - but I suspect that's just part and parcel of being a muppet!
Tim.

Hi Lúidín,
Please can you offer some instruction as to how I and other members might interpret this comment? Perhaps you want us to take you (even) more seriously than we might have been inclined to hitherto because you know someone who makes us lot 'look like muppets'? After all, none of us think of ourselves as muppets, so the 'fact' that you know someone who makes us look like muppets must mean your friend / acquaintance is truly very special. And how frustrating it is that you know who s/he is and we don't - but I suspect that's just part and parcel of being a muppet!
Tim.

Tim..i have no need to lie to anyone..the truth is..99% of so called traders..are not real traders..meaning..they do not know how to trade correctly

trading correctly means..trading in such a way that delivers consistent profitable trading..based on a thorough understanding of who..and how..the markets are driven

99% think that the usual text book rubbish will "unveil" the secrets to understanding market movements..this is not the case..as we all know that only a very small few can..and do..make big money trading

the internet is full of walter mittys..people who pretend to be someone they are not..if you should ever encounter a real trader on an internet forum..you should make it your business to try and converse with this person in private..trade with the person..and ask them to explain in detail..as much as possible..why they think that the markets are not random..and why most people are looking at the wrong things completely

it is not my fault that no one else here took the time to converses and trade with this person..as i did..nor is it my concern..for we all make up our minds about what we do with our time and money

btw..i am also a muppet at times..but i know when i am..and do something about it..most do not..that is the big difference

maybe there is someone on t2w at this moment..who is as good as the person i speak about..but..it is up to each person to seek and find for themselves..i do not have to seek and find anymore..for i know what i know..and i also know what i do not know!

any more questions..feel free to ask

Tim.
This person is a very modest, humble. He doesnt want his identity revealed.

Nothing bad :)

i have already said i was here in the past..yes..and had several nicks..but i never used different nicks at the same time..why would i do something so stupid as that

it does not matter one little bit who i am..or what nicks i had in the past..all that matters is what i say. and if it makes sense..or not

Tim.
This person is a very modest, humble. He doesnt want his identity revealed.

if you want the truth..he doesn't bother posting anymore..for..he has helped a lot of people over the years to try and understand..for free i will add..but very few could understand..why..not because of what he said..but because they were too lazy to get off their fat arses and do some hard work..for..contrary to what most say..trading correctly is hard work..and involves some serious thought and analysis..but not the usual text book crap that is regurgitated by most..

any fool knows this is true..it is just easier to ignore it and carry on..

if you keep doing the same thing..you will keep getting the same results..remember!

.if you should ever encounter a real trader on an internet forum..you should make it your business to try and converse with this person in private..trade with the person..and ask them to explain in detail..as much as possible..why they think that the markets are not random..and why most people are looking at the wrong things completely

Would you not agree Luidin that one of the biggest pit falls of becoming a trader is to follow a so called successful trader like sheep ? Surely you do your own homework on designing a strategy, money management and trading plan that suits you personally, I would never follow anyone's trades however good they claimed to be..

Would you not agree Luidin that one of the biggest pit falls of becoming a trader is to follow a so called successful trader like sheep ? Surely you do your own homework on designing a strategy, money management and trading plan that suits you personally, I would never follow anyone's trades however good they claimed to be..

it is all relative to how much money you have..how much work you will put into it..and how much money you want to make

of course one can make some money on their own..following whatever they want..what i am saying..is..there are very few non professional traders out there that can make big money trading..rofessional meaning that is their profession..not meaning the skills they have allow them to be called a professional..for..you have many professional traders who make loads of money..but it is not their money at risk..it is mostly the dumb publics money..in form of pensions and investments..and these professionals get paid big salaries and bonuses..even when the dumb thick public lose their money..come on. surely you must know how this works

and you are right..never follow anyone who claims..you must trade with them and SEE it for yourself..only way to make sure you have not encountered another walter mitty:)

Hi Lúidín,
I fear you rather missed the point I was trying to make in my post. Never mind, I expect it's my problem anyway for being a muppet.
i have already said i was here in the past..yes..and had several nicks..but i never used different nicks at the same time..why would i do something so stupid as that. . .
This is something of a generalization, but those that do use different nicks at the same time are often anything but stupid.

. . .it does not matter one little bit who i am..or what nicks i had in the past..
That's highly debatable, but I accept that this thread probably isn't the place to pursue that particular avenue.

. . .all that matters is what i say. and if it makes sense..or not
Well, if my muppet brain has understood you correctly, your general thesis is don't do the same thing as everyone else and, if you can't work it out for yourself (i.e. the markets and how to trade them), then find someone who can and do whatever it takes to spend time with them. I've no particular issue with any of that but, if you genuinely wanted to support fellow members, you could make your message a whole lot more palatable by dropping the condescending comments and offering specific suggestions about how to set about doing what you advise. I would suggest that bragging that you know a brilliant trader but you're not going to tell us who s/he is and that we're all a bunch of muppets perhaps isn't the best way to ensure your points are taken seriously. Certainly, I hope your trading is going well, as there's no place for you in the diplomatic corps!
;)
Tim.

Hi Lúidín,
I fear you rather missed the point I was trying to make in my post. Never mind, I expect it's my problem anyway for being a muppet.

This is something of a generalization, but those that do use different nicks at the same time are often anything but stupid.

That's highly debatable, but I accept that this thread probably isn't the place to pursue that particular avenue.

Well, if my muppet brain has understood you correctly, your general thesis is don't do the same thing as everyone else and, if you can't work it out for yourself (i.e. the markets and how to trade them), then find someone who can and do whatever it takes to spend time with them. I've no particular issue with any of that but, if you genuinely wanted to support fellow members, you could make your message a whole lot more palatable by dropping the condescending comments and offering specific suggestions about how to set about doing what you advise. I would suggest that bragging that you know a brilliant trader but you're not going to tell us who s/he is and that we're all a bunch of muppets perhaps isn't the best way to ensure your points are taken seriously. Certainly, I hope your trading is going well, as there's no place for you in the diplomatic corps!
;)
Tim.

see the live trades and vendor live trades threads..why do you think many do not post live trades there..including your good self:)

i do not need to be diplomatic..i am not getting paid by t2w..or trying to sell anything to anyone

i say it as i see it..if some people don't like..so be it

now..as for those who appear to know what they are doing..so far..and yes..i have not looked everywhere on t2w..nor have i any intention..the only person who has demonstrated that he actually knows what he is doing..meaning he is making money trading..by whatever means he so desires..is..hhiusa

the floor is open to all who want to dance..but again..the majority prefer to stay seated and watch others move..then they wonder why..at the end of the night .why they have not met anyone nice!

the only person who has demonstrated that he actually knows what he is doing..meaning he is making money trading..by whatever means he so desires..is..hhiusa

rofl

Isnt he the same guy who thought futures contracts cant be closed b4 expiration date ?! And that one can buy and short the very same stock in the same brokerage account ? And that unrealized losses are not losses until they are closed ?! And exercising an option is the same as closing options positions ?!

Last edited:
rofl

Isnt he the same guy who thought futures contracts cant be closed b4 expiration date ?! And that one can buy and short the very same stock in the same brokerage account ?

can you show me where he said that?

the only thing i really take interest in is the trades he posts..for..so far he appears to know what he is doing..and..he is willing to post his trades..in advance ar that..which very few here will do

there is one thing posting levels..it is not the same as posting details of trades from trading screen..showing details such as limit orders..fills..and closing orders

anyone can post levels..they mean absolutely nothing

can you show me where he said that?

the only thing i really take interest in is the trades he posts..for..so far he appears to know what he is doing..and..he is willing to post his trades..in advance ar that..which very few here will do

In this very same thread and also he mentioned the bit about the unrealized losses in your twc thread ...