Brexit and the Consequences

Attachments

• ip.JPG
    ip.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 84
Dagenham was the main focus of the documentary, how Ford plant used to employ 30,000 plus locals and now hardly 2k work there, had a devastating affect after Ford moved abroad with money from the EU...:whistling

So what you seem to be saying is, that the EU gave a private company (ford) some of my taxpayer money to take manufacturing out of the UK and place it somewhere else in Europe so that they could make more profit and offshore those profits, so that neither the UK nor the EU benefitted, but perhaps a few Hungarians did.

Wot a brilliant wheeze ! I'll vote for that like (y)

Some people are just in denial of the facts.

Here's the link to newsnight where there was a panel discussion on what lies ahead.

It's obvious who the realists and the wishful thinkers are. :LOL:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b088127n/newsnight-newsnights-exam-2017
The interesting thing about that panel is that even Matthew Paris - who is a die hard remoaner - admitted that the consequences of the Brexit decision haven't been anywhere near as bad as he and others said it would be. When the likes of him are backtracking - then I think it's pretty much game over for the rest of the 'wishful thinkers in denial of the facts'!
:LOL:

The other interesting point to emerge I thought is that members of the panel who run focus groups said that since the referendum if anything there's been a hardening of opinion in favour of Brexit and that there's no evidence to support the idea of 'buyers regret', i.e. that loads of people who voted to leave now wish they'd voted to remain.
Tim.

Nothing has been delivered just yet.

dont-count-those-chickens.jpg

Business are just on hold facing uncertainty. Governments and CBs promising infrastructure and money to do what ever it takes. BAU.

Too soon to celebrate imo. We live in hope of a sane Brexit of sorts... :whistling

Nothing has been delivered just yet.

dont-count-those-chickens.jpg

Business are just on hold facing uncertainty. Governments and CBs promising infrastructure and money to do what ever it takes. BAU.

Too soon to celebrate imo. We live in hope of a sane Brexit of sorts... :whistling
The 3rd chicken was a brexiter. The other two want to stay in the eggs

Last edited:
The interesting thing about that panel is that even Matthew Paris - who is a die hard remoaner - admitted that the consequences of the Brexit decision haven't been anywhere near as bad as he and others said it would be. When the likes of him are backtracking - then I think it's pretty much game over for the rest of the 'wishful thinkers in denial of the facts'!
:LOL:

The other interesting point to emerge I thought is that members of the panel who run focus groups said that since the referendum if anything there's been a hardening of opinion in favour of Brexit and that there's no evidence to support the idea of 'buyers regret', i.e. that loads of people who voted to leave now wish they'd voted to remain.
Tim.

Blimey, we haven't even gone yet ! It's far too early to come to any conclusions whatsoever on the consequences - for good or ill - let alone any idea on what our relationships might be after the negotiations.

What is disturbing is that there seems a huge reluctance on the part of ministers -Fox and Davies in particular -to listen to anything but good news and optimistic forecasts. Just goes to prove what a pair of second-raters they are. We are really crying out for a few political heavyweights to take the whole thing forward.

Blimey, we haven't even gone yet ! It's far too early to come to any conclusions whatsoever on the consequences - for good or ill - let alone any idea on what our relationships might be after the negotiations.

What is disturbing is that there seems a huge reluctance on the part of ministers -Fox and Davies in particular -to listen to anything but good news and optimistic forecasts. Just goes to prove what a pair of second-raters they are. We are really crying out for a few political heavyweights to take the whole thing forward.

There is a poker game in progress and it all revolves around hardening of anti EU voter opinion in Europe. The French and Italians are going to make our job that much easier.

So, they don't need to do anything much, the good news just keeps on coming. :clap:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38515971

Absolutely yes nothing delivered at all but uncertainty and big headaches.

Earlier blogs showed investment in to the UK of £16bn in the last 6 months as being claimed by Brexiters. Nothing of the sort.

These kinds of investments take years to plan and were not initiated after June 23rd. A bit like £13bn investment into London, don't recall exact details but when I checked previously they were initiated in 2013 and claimed by Brexiters as confirming their optimism and ambition. What a load of rubbish.

They'll not tell you what's been put on hold like development plans and investments now looking for alternative homes in EU.

Don't count your chicks before they hatch.

Also, remember that clown on on the US Carrier

cb0e4fce869fc25dd9b473ef5b3dc8d2.jpg

Absolutely yes nothing delivered at all but uncertainty and big headaches.

Earlier blogs showed investment in to the UK of £16bn in the last 6 months as being claimed by Brexiters. Nothing of the sort.

These kinds of investments take years to plan and were not initiated after June 23rd. A bit like £13bn investment into London, don't recall exact details but when I checked previously they were initiated in 2013 and claimed by Brexiters as confirming their optimism and ambition. What a load of rubbish.

They'll not tell you what's been put on hold like development plans and investments now looking for alternative homes in EU.

Don't count your chicks before they hatch.

Also, remember that clown on on the US Carrier

cb0e4fce869fc25dd9b473ef5b3dc8d2.jpg

i hope they make them fast - it's overcrowded

Attachments

• 2017-01-05_15-40-23.png
    2017-01-05_15-40-23.png
    478.5 KB · Views: 125
i hope they make them fast - it's overcrowded

I think you'll find the migrants can't afford rail fares. fwiw I'd send non-eu illegals back too.

That's working in London and lack of rail investment and good ol privatisation for you imho.

This is more my World :)

Attachments

• Pic_Hassocks.jpg
    Pic_Hassocks.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Pic_Hove.jpg
    Pic_Hove.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 90
I think you'll find the migrants can't afford rail fares. fwiw I'd send non-eu illegals back too.

That's working in London and lack of rail investment and good ol privatisation for you imho.

This is more my World :)

that's not the case when i get on the train in the mornings at Stratford. It's like being in Europe

that's not the case when i get on the train in the mornings at Stratford. It's like being in Europe

Assuming they weren't tourists, they were going to work right?

So how is Brexit going to help your cause with over crowding?

Have you thought it through?