Brexit and the Consequences

I have no idea what you think there is to negotiate.

EU has stated there will be no negotiations around the 4 freedoms, (previously 2).
So our negotiating position is very simple. We propose tariff free trade with all the members....the EU says sod off, so then we leave. If they want to trade with tariffs, then we do the same. The losers with be the member states who export more to us than we do to them. Politically across Europe, this will not play well and the villains will be the EU top brass. :)

Yeah well CBI, City of London and NFU all disagree with your approach along with 48% of the British public. Do you keep passport rights, trade with some form of equivalence model or scrap the lot. You up for a transition process or not and what that'll entail. I take it you prefer the cliff edge approach.

Not to mention different types of access; Norwegian, Swiss or WTO models?

Then there is what to do with current agreements that'll need attention? Some of these have terms allocated to them, like research funding and distribution of rights and patents. What do you do about those, hand it over or keep it?

There are a host of other issues ofcourse but as it's all behind closed doors nobody knows much about what's going on other tahan Brexit means Brexit and it's blue,red and white, which is all we need to know. Apparently. :)

Brexit means brexit = no free movement, no single market, nothing.. Clean divorce. I struggle to see how remainers seem to see this as a grey area

I see our ambassador to the EU has resigned (no bad thing IMHO - his heart was never in BREXIT).

One opinion here (Atilla & Guardianistas avert your gaze now - it's the Daily Mail in disguise !): http://reaction.life/farewell-sir-ivan-rogers-unlikely-hero-brexiteers/

To bathe in his own loss as a non achiever. We are better off without him. I would like to thank him for being honest that he has no balls to do what needs to be done for the better of his people. I suggest he apply to be male prostitute at eu headquarters.

For some people there's a certain amount of snob value in owning a Mac. Canny importers often charge £s for $ in the UK. Some people don't seem to mind or are unaware of paying more. I only pay if I have to. Beats me :confused:

I own two, not out of snobbery, but because I am not a techie and Macs are more user-friendly, not to mention much cheaper in the US. It certainly doesn't hurt that the Macs are better looking.

My belief is you get what you pay for in all things. Apple has cited an unstable EU and tariffs are the reason for the hike.

The EU is like the ugly ginger stepchild that the UK can't seem to get rid of.

I own two, not out of snobbery, but because I am not a techie and Macs are more user-friendly, not to mention much cheaper in the US. It certainly doesn't hurt that the Macs are better looking.

My belief is you get what you pay for in all things. Apple has cited an unstable EU and tariffs are the reason for the hike.

The EU is like the ugly ginger stepchild that the UK can't seem to get rid of.

So are equivalent Macs cheaper than PCs in the US? If that's the case, I can understand: most people want simplicity first in computing for every day needs. The Mac became established in the arts/graphic world because it used to be superior to the PC and has kept its market place. I agree Macs are a beautiful design but for trading and speech recognition (2 important processes for me) Windows has most to offer in my case.

Rogers says negotiating expertise ‘in short supply’ in London

Departing ambassador sees need to challenge ‘muddled thinking’

Brexit means Brexit = Red, White and Blue = Muddled Thinking

All eyes are now on who fills his boots. This government along with Brexiters are in serious position of turning our established parliamentary and democracy into a banana republic. Be careful what you wish for.

Our Civil Servants are best in the World and independent of party or political influence. To politicise their role and to twist informed experienced information which conflicts with ones viewpoint or perceptions will have consequences further down the line.

It is indeed a slippery slope where no bipartisan or contradictory opinions can be tolerated. It is very very sad.

Good news for farmers?

http://order-order.com/

"Before Christmas Guido reported that Andrea Leadsom was the first Cabinet minister to produce a departmental plan for Brexit. Today the Environment Secretary reveals what Brexit means for farming: a bonfire of cumbersome regulations that currently cost the industry million of pounds a year. When we leave the EU Andrea will end the ‘three crop rule’ regulating how many different crops farms must plant – Defra say this will allow 40,000 farmers to grow the foods people want and add millions to the economy. Barmy Brussels diktats defining what makes a hedge a hedge or when a puddle becomes a pond will be binned. Paperwork required from flood-hit farmers will be reduced, as will the number of expensive government inspections. Most satisfying of all: farms will no longer have to pay for and display ridiculous 6ft by 4ft propaganda billboards publicising the EU contribution for grants, as they are currently required to do. Millions saved, millions added to the economy, hundreds of thousands of hours saved. As the old joke almost goes, how does the Environment Secretary compare with colleagues on Brexit? She’s outstanding in her field…"

NFU leader, one of the Lord's don't recall his name said on radio 4 that 80% of rules and regulations enforced by the EU were pushed through by UK. So your previous link and article is very much flawed I'm afraid.

http://www.nfuonline.com/cross-sect.../brexit-may-not-be-beneficial-for-uk-farmers/

New report from Yorkshire Agricultural Society concludes that BREXIT may not be beneficial for UK farmers

Moreover, it finds that it is very unlikely that the UK will either wish, or be able to substantially weaken its existing provisions in animal health, welfare and plant protection.

It concludes therefore that the regulatory burden might not be reduced as much as farmers might hope and in any event would take many years to achieve. Outside of the EU, it argues that environmental, conservationists, consumer, public health and animal welfare lobbies would continue to be influential and to exert pressure for more stringent regulation of agriculture.

I wonder if the Yorkshire Agricultural Society or the NFU know what they are talking about compared to the politicians in the Brexit camp??? :whistling

My Yorkshire family farming contingent tell me that it's the failing farmers' businesses that are being propped up by the EU. Could that explain the NFU stance?

My Yorkshire family farming contingent tell me that it's the failing farmers' businesses that are being propped up by the EU. Could that explain the NFU stance?

I don't know about that but do know supermarkets aren't farmers friend. Why not blame the EU as it's all so topical and it can only further help our bargaining position.

Leave the EU and save British farms and fishing industries.
Tomorrow's daily trash headline. How does that grab you?

Sounds good!

Fact or fiction? Stuff the experts.

You judge!