Brexit and the Consequences

A lot of people would not agree with you, forker, although, neither would I have one unless, in the unlikely event that they were given away. Then, I'd even queue round the block for one. We pensioners have less pride in those matters.:) However, while we have gone from Nissan to computers, I heard that Microsoft says that it, also, will have to increase prices.

I'm not gloating over all this. I do not believe that the Brits have thought this through, properly.

Anything imported should increase in price to reflect the fall in cable ...

A lot of people would not agree with you, forker, although, neither would I have one unless, in the unlikely event that they were given away. Then, I'd even queue round the block for one. We pensioners have less pride in those matters.:) However, while we have gone from Nissan to computers, I heard that Microsoft says that it, also, will have to increase prices.

I'm not gloating over all this. I do not believe that the Brits have thought this through, properly.

Of course we thought it through. That's why we voted for it !

If it means a bit of re-balancing the economy in the years ahead, then that's fine and is exactly what is required.

In a few years time when the rest of the EU is floundering on the rocks, we will be romping ahead, just like all the other independent countries which are not bound up by the corrupt EU.

er, and when they want to take their trousered £s back home and convert it to yen?

Bloomberg report - from insider sources - that Nissan said they would close the plant without assurances (which they have got) that tariffs would be mitigated. Might be a great place to do business, but not if it costs you much profit :)

I doubt very much that Nissan or any other big Corporation will have any difficulty paying for lawyers and bean counters to avoid paying their fair share of tax. That's how it works isn't it ! A game played out for the benefit of business and to the detriment of the tax paying citizens.

The Brexit vote wasn't just about leaving the corrupt EU. It was also about sending a clear signal to Govt that the people have had enough of all the One sided policies.

As per my previous post. Nissan are increasing production in the UK, not just standing still. They are already massively increasing their profits because sterling has fallen.

Of course we thought it through. That's why we voted for it !

If it means a bit of re-balancing the economy in the years ahead, then that's fine and is exactly what is required.

In a few years time when the rest of the EU is floundering on the rocks, we will be romping ahead, just like all the other independent countries which are not bound up by the corrupt EU.

Oh, it will mean that, alright, but don't be so pessimistic about EU.

I don't know about that. I used to be apple crazy with all the gear. My opinion changed as they locked their products down more and made them difficult to interoperate with other technologies. Look at their latest release as an example. People have spent money on headphones only to have their spanking new iPhone not work with it without an adapter. Their laptops used to be upgradable now are glued together internally and upgrades not possible. Plug a hard drive into Mac that is fat partitioned and you can read from it but not write to it. You need to buy software to make it work. I use true caller app on my Android and it does a look up when someone calls and you can see who it is. Well the software doesn't work on iPhone because those idiots locked down the software. My ipod doesn't work with my sonos because I won't upgrade to the minimum software version (crapple prevents it). My wife uses the photos on Mac and spent hours trying to get photos out of this app only to find she needed to export them from an unintuitive menu. It hides it in a single file and drag and drop to a folder doesn't work. My daughters I pad is the biggest pile of junk. You have to touch buttons multiple times before it responds. I store is a joke it's so slow I want to shoot myself. No I have had it up to my neck with this crap and they couldn't give me new replacements for free.

Oh, it will mean that, alright, but don't be so pessimistic about EU.

All the evidence is pointing in One direction. The EU is doomed I tell ya. DOOMED !

Attachments

• Brexit-34-650.jpg
    Brexit-34-650.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 144
I doubt very much that Nissan or any other big Corporation will have any difficulty paying for lawyers and bean counters to avoid paying their fair share of tax. That's how it works isn't it ! A game played out for the benefit of business and to the detriment of the tax paying citizens.

The Brexit vote wasn't just about leaving the corrupt EU. It was also about sending a clear signal to Govt that the people have had enough of all the One sided policies.

As per my previous post. Nissan are increasing production in the UK, not just standing still. They are already massively increasing their profits because sterling has fallen.

Yeah, increased profit in £ terms that they can't get as many yen for when they transfer it back home.

I don't know about that. I used to be apple crazy with all the gear. My opinion changed as they locked their products down more and made them difficult to interoperate with other technologies. Look at their latest release as an example. People have spent money on headphones only to have their spanking new iPhone not work with it without an adapter. Their laptops used to be upgradable now are glued together internally and upgrades not possible. Plug a hard drive into Mac that is fat partitioned and you can read from it but not write to it. You need to buy software to make it work. I use true caller app on my Android and it does a look up when someone calls and you can see who it is. Well the software doesn't work on iPhone because those idiots locked down the software. My ipod doesn't work with my sonos because I won't upgrade to the minimum software version (crapple prevents it). My wife uses the photos on Mac and spent hours trying to get photos out of this app only to find she needed to export them from an unintuitive menu. It hides it in a single file and drag and drop to a folder doesn't work. My daughters I pad is the biggest pile of junk. You have to touch buttons multiple times before it responds. I store is a joke it's so slow I want to shoot myself. No I have had it up to my neck with this crap and they couldn't give me new replacements for free.

Ok, mate, I'll concede you that because my daughter has one and she has those problems, too.

Ah, some hard facts and analysis emerge showing that the supposedly impartial BBC are biased.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/72...-remain-leave-EU-report-news-watch-think-tank

I don't fully buy this c_v. This could easily show how the BBC has to raise counter-arguments to anything its told in press releases: the BBC says this is how it demonstrates its impartiality in any debate, as per its politically neutral public service remit. The BBC might also be accused of always adopting a counter-government position no matter who's in power, for pretty much the same reasoning.

It was observed during and after the EU referendum campaign that although 9 out of 10 qualified economists were against Brexit, the BBC always gave equal air time to the minority.

The BBC is obsessed by this drive for equal-sided debate - remember that for years they have put up climate change deniers expressing unevidenced opinion, when the entire scientific community accepts that this is taking place globally. All in the name of equal sided debate. I think we can safely say that if some more evidence is published that the earth is round, the BBC will find someone to deny this. Oh, wait a minute , they already did - http://www.newsbbc.net/2016/06/the-flat-earth-conspiracy-is-nasa.html.

I don't fully buy this c_v. This could easily show how the BBC has to raise counter-arguments to anything its told in press releases: the BBC says this is how it demonstrates its impartiality in any debate, as per its politically neutral public service remit. The BBC might also be accused of always adopting a counter-government position no matter who's in power, for pretty much the same reasoning.

It was observed during and after the EU referendum campaign that although 9 out of 10 qualified economists were against Brexit, the BBC always gave equal air time to the minority.

Herein lies the problem. Instead of the BBC accepting peoples so called professional qualifications and expert status, they should perhaps undertake their own vigorous research and report their findings accordingly.

Qualified economists indeed ! It's all voodoo science across the spectrum. None of them have the foggiest idea what the future holds, in much the same way as we traders have no idea if a price will move up or down in the next time period.

I am minded of the trials in the courts, where expert witnesses have given their expert opinion, where any half decent brief does a demolition job on their evidence. What's even worse is "the experts" then paint themselves into a corner by hardening their opinion, only to see another expert come along who totally contradicts what the other side said.

Getting to the truth is an almost impossible job, so I do have a little sympathy for outfits like the beeb. But not much, as I firmly believe that the reason for not getting to the truth is down to lazy fact checking and reporting thereof.

The BBC is obsessed by this drive for equal-sided debate - remember that for years they have put up climate change deniers expressing unevidenced opinion, when the entire scientific community accepts that this is taking place globally. All in the name of equal sided debate. I think we can safely say that if some more evidence is published that the earth is round, the BBC will find someone to deny this. Oh, wait a minute , they already did - http://www.newsbbc.net/2016/06/the-flat-earth-conspiracy-is-nasa.html.

Hmm, climate science :LOL:, see my reasoning above !

Last edited:
I don't think the BBC could carry out rigorous research by scientifically validatable methodology without going to the very same experts that you deride.

But as a journalistic organisation they could ask stringent questions of any "expert" they put up: and most stringently of those who form the 10% of professionals who have the contrary opinion to the majority of experts in the field. Instead of this they let them both speak and then sat back as if decision was a matter of debatable opinion. There has been comment that this gave the public the impression that there was an equal division amongst economists pro and anti Brexit. The DG was on TV only a few weeks ago and was unable to deny this would be the impression and said pretty much that that was the best they could do.

The BBC could have been clear in stating that Brexit would be a political or principled choice for voters, but not an economic one. There would be room for debate as to whether the price would be worth the exit vote, but as far as economics were concerned, there was never a doubt, this would damage the UK's economy and nobody could know for how long. That's why voters constantly complained they did not know enough to decide which way to vote.

Maybe BBC journalists and editors are now trying to re-coup some damaged credibility, maybe they are showing a more sceptical attitude to government. I say that's healthy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...pain-adam-posen-bank-of-england-a7384336.html

Brexit will 'take Britain back to the 1970s', says former Bank of England expert

Mr Posen said Britain faces stagflation, a situation of stagnant economic growth with rapidly rising prices faced in the late 1970s. The spiral of increasing prices reduced the value of people’s wages
No different than the rubbish they were saying that we would be immediately in a recession. Scare stories that has zero basis

All the evidence is pointing in One direction. The EU is doomed I tell ya. DOOMED !
Okay, I give in. I hereby formally tender my scalp to the remain camp!

I voted Leave and now I regret it: I made a mistake. Not because I 'didn't think it through' or because I'm racist or xenophobic - or for any other of the false accusations made against us Brexiteers. No, the reason is that I just can't live with the thought that the woman I went on marches as a student to protest against, and whose policies I loathed then and loathe now, appears to have been bang on the money regarding this issue. I was all for the EU back then and didn't understand Maggie's opposition to it. Now I have the prospect of having to re-evaluate everything else she said and consider the previously unthinkable possibility that she might have been right on other issues too. And that prospect is just too ghastly to contemplate. I can't do it. I realise this is a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted but, even so, for this reason and this reason alone, the only solution to my conundrum is to switch my allegiance to the Remain camp.
:LOL:

I voted Leave and now I regret it: I made a mistake. Not because I 'didn't think it through' or because I'm racist or xenophobic - or for any other of the false accusations made against us Brexiteers. No, the reason is that I just can't live with the thought that the woman I went on marches as a student to protest against, and whose policies I loathed then and loathe now, appears to have been bang on the money regarding this issue. I was all for the EU back then and didn't understand Maggie's opposition to it. Now I have the prospect of having to re-evaluate everything else she said and consider the previously unthinkable possibility that she might have been right on other issues too. And that prospect is just too ghastly to contemplate. I can't do it. I realise this is a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted but, even so, for this reason and this reason alone, the only solution to my conundrum is to switch my allegiance to the Remain camp.

"To those waiting with bated breath for that favourite media catchphrase, the “U” turn, I have only one thing to say. “You turn if you want to. The lady's not for turning.” I say that not only to you but to our friends overseas and also to those who are not our friends."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...pain-adam-posen-bank-of-england-a7384336.html

Brexit will 'take Britain back to the 1970s', says former Bank of England expert

Mr Posen said Britain faces stagflation, a situation of stagnant economic growth with rapidly rising prices faced in the late 1970s. The spiral of increasing prices reduced the value of people’s wages

Posen born in 1966 and raised in the US.

What exactly is his experience of 1970's Britain :LOL: That's right.....zero !

And what of his qualifications.....oh he went to Harvard and read a few books....well whoop de diddley do.

Another useless expert best ignored !

Here is a gem from Posen in 2007

https://piie.com/commentary/op-eds/dont-worry-about-us-mortgages

Few financial developments have the drama of property busts. Accordingly, a great deal of attention is being paid lately to developments in the US real estate market and to the seemingly dangerous fate of residential mortgages there following the recent housing boom. While understandable, this attention is misplaced. Problems in either the so-called sub-prime mortgage market (of loans to borrowers with poor credit histories or limited assets) or the US real estate market more broadly are not going to have a major impact on the US economic outlook.

ROFL

I think is this approach that most tarders use in trading.

"Haaaang on a minute, you mean to tell me that 99% of what ive spent the last 6 years learning about the markets and trading is all bollox!? Im sorry, but the thought having to admit that to myself and others is beyond comprehension!! Now if you dont mind.. Long on the break with a tight stop" :cheesy: