Brexit and the Consequences

I understand your sentiment. I voted remain.
But sticking "peoples" in front of it doesn't make it different, or more worthy.

All political parties go for an election when it suits them.
All elections are calculated maneuvers by the ruling group to capitalize on some event.
I didn't know we had 2 referendums in the 70s. Need to look that up.

Agree about the nonsensical business and free trade BS.
Its like deciding to open a takeaway in London, refusing to cross the road to deliver to locals, but expecting to make money making deliveries to Manchester.

That is indeed a very good analogy.

Standards likely to be questionable too like fuddy duddy chicken and hormone infested beef.

We already have problem trying to find antibiotics that work and yet in the US 95% of all antibiotics are given to healthy animals to fatten them up for market. Sh!t labelled up as prime Argentinian beef are from US multinationals who have located to Argentina where cows don't get to see any grass in their lifetime.

Brexit crew want to bring this stuff to our supermarkets displacing EU produce.

That's why EU turn away from US deal. Not only that if we did sign up to such an agreement - AND THIS IS MOST FREAKING SHOCKING OF ALL,

US corporations can sue our Parliament if we damage their brands by speaking out against there daft fecked up immoral animal husbandry practices.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-s-could-owe-billions/?utm_term=.b93f7552a783

Take back control my ar5e. Bunch of numpties don't have a clue about what they are proposing or planning to sign up to.

fwiw both David Cameron and Govey were for this agreement if I recall correctly. The EU saved us by rejecting it.

For you remainers with love from us brexiters

Attachments

• 3-400x400.png
    3-400x400.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 62
Nigel Farage doing what he does best: Farage: The 'Enemy Within' is preventing the UK from breaking free . . .

Nigel Farage doing what he does best: Farage: The 'Enemy Within' is preventing the UK from breaking free . . .

Ironic isn't it that the man who is set to change the course of British history and without whom none of Brexit would have happened, goes unrecognised and unrewarded by the Establishment which does it's best to defile him.

When you look at the likes of Philip Green & others who have been awarded knighthoods I find it galling that someone like Farage, who's spent his last 25 years campaigning for a better country for its citizens (albeit his view) is treated in this way.

As a Remainer you may not agree with his views but surely we have to recognise his dedication?

As a Remainer you may not agree with his views but surely we have to recognise his dedication?

Duck!! Incoming remainer mantra about how Farage is a liar, full of deceit, got us all to vote out under false pretences and not forgetting the recurring £350 million on a big red bus :LOL:

Farage, for all his faults, and we all have many of them, goes straight to the heart of the problem we have with the Tories, they are led by a bunch of remainer civil servants and although he didn't state it explicitly, they are controlled by the remainer deep state.

He will only receive the recognition he deserves when the present parliament is removed and some common sense politicians are installed, so no time soon then!

Duck!! Incoming remainer mantra about how Farage is a liar, full of deceit, got us all to vote out under false pretences and not forgetting the recurring £350 million on a big red bus :LOL:

QUOTE]

Well, he is, isn't he? You put the words right into my mouth! :D

Farage, for all his faults, and we all have many of them, goes straight to the heart of the problem we have with the Tories, they are led by a bunch of remainer civil servants and although he didn't state it explicitly, they are controlled by the remainer deep state.

He will only receive the recognition he deserves when the present parliament is removed and some common sense politicians are installed, so no time soon then!

I am a remainer. However, I accept the referendums result to leave.
I just don't see how the UK is going to fend for itself.
Airbus: does BAE lose the right to build Airbus wings?
Would Airbus no longer feel obligated to use Rolls Royce turbo-fans, and instead opt for Pratt and Whitney?
Can the UK go it alone in building a world-class airliner?

Medicine: the Wellcome Foundation has a multi-national team of research scientists looking to new drugs? Can the UK go it alone?
Euro-fighter?
CERN?
JET? (joint european torus - fusion research)

Strategic initiatives may be out of the UKs sole reach.
Little-englander mentality of "borders" and small-town "entreprenuers" not seeing the advantage of larger markets.
We cant build an economy on importing goods made in China and putting them on a shelf in a Poundland discount store. Or exporting small-scale widgets to Australia and New Zealand.

Tim Peake! British astronaut; trained in Germany, launched from Kazakhstan on a Russian rocket.
its all international these days, dear boy.

I am a remainer. However, I accept the referendums result to leave.
I just don't see how the UK is going to fend for itself.
Airbus: does BAE lose the right to build Airbus wings?
Would Airbus no longer feel obligated to use Rolls Royce turbo-fans, and instead opt for Pratt and Whitney?
Can the UK go it alone in building a world-class airliner?

Did we not have business and industry before we joined the EU?

Medicine: the Wellcome Foundation has a multi-national team of research scientists looking to new drugs? Can the UK go it alone?
Euro-fighter?
CERN?
JET? (joint european torus - fusion research)

Strategic initiatives may be out of the UKs sole reach.

Why would we need to go it alone?

Little-englander mentality of "borders" and small-town "entreprenuers" not seeing the advantage of larger markets.
We cant build an economy on importing goods made in China and putting them on a shelf in a Poundland discount store. Or exporting small-scale widgets to Australia and New Zealand.

Oops you've reverted to the remainer mantra, so predictable.

Tim Peake! British astronaut; trained in Germany, launched from Kazakhstan on a Russian rocket.
its all international these days, dear boy.

Are you saying here that we don't need the EU? Tim Peake could have been trained at any number of astronaut training centres around the planet, dontcha know (he seems to have spent an extraordinary amount of time living and working/training in the US)? And what Russia has to do with the EU ??? Kindly explain?

So you voted remain based on what? Speculative comments about economics? Did you make any other considerations? Or are you as focussed on the economics only, just like Att is, and blinded to the reasons for Brexit, just as Att is?

Last edited:

I agree with most of the points in that article. Well written and to the point.

To highlight

1. UK should let all EU stuff in tariff free. Why increase prices? That'll be like taxing consumption to raise revenue. Better to tax high income imo.

2. Give all peeps currently in UK from EU member states free residence providing they are in employment, been here long enough adn qualify for support. Anyone here in last couple of years and unemployed claiming benefits can go back. Arrangement should be unilateral.

3. All for free movement if jobs available in desirable list.

4. No divorce bill agreed.

5. No hard borders anywhere. But beef up custom officers and border patrol for the illegal gate crashers and smuglers.

This article still misses a big part of the EU benefit. That is cooperation in big multi-billion R&D and build projects. You can be sure that where possible EU countries will take the best part of the deal to their member states. Why wouldn't or shouldn't they?

One of the biggest projects and creative destructive technologies coming round is driverless and electric powered vehicles. How will these new standards be set, controlled and future development coordinated. UK will become a fringe player unless it can go it alone.

You may suggest there are other players. Yes indeed they are. If I were Japan, China or USA who would I want to work with?

That's just one industry. There will be good many more. One only has to look at the competition between US and EU who are partners and how they behave when it comes to Boeing and Airbus. Bananas even?

Yep we can do a lot things. Yep all will work out fine in the end coz people will amend behaviour until it does. One thing is for sure, the uncertainty and risks compared to gains just simply do not add up.

It's not about economics some say. It's about what kind of country, culture and identity we wish to preserve. I said this before when hard time comes round and money dries up along with jobs up North and growth slows, people will move to all sorts of places. There will not be many young people left to look after the old and tax burden along with a rundown of services will continue. This is a no brainer! Numbers simply don't add up no matter what identity or culture one tries to maintain.

Much hardship ahead that's for sure.

As for those 5 great points above, bloody-minded obstinacy will prevail and I doubt they'll materialise if things turn from sweet to sour. It's just in the nature of mad dogs when they don't get what they want. (y)

I agree with most of the points in that article. Well written and to the point.

To highlight

1. UK should let all EU stuff in tariff free. Why increase prices? That'll be like taxing consumption to raise revenue. Better to tax high income imo.

2. Give all peeps currently in UK from EU member states free residence providing they are in employment, been here long enough adn qualify for support. Anyone here in last couple of years and unemployed claiming benefits can go back. Arrangement should be unilateral.

3. All for free movement if jobs available in desirable list.

4. No divorce bill agreed.

5. No hard borders anywhere. But beef up custom officers and border patrol for the illegal gate crashers and smuglers.

This article still misses a big part of the EU benefit. That is cooperation in big multi-billion R&D and build projects. You can be sure that where possible EU countries will take the best part of the deal to their member states. Why wouldn't or shouldn't they?

One of the biggest projects and creative destructive technologies coming round is driverless and electric powered vehicles. How will these new standards be set, controlled and future development coordinated. UK will become a fringe player unless it can go it alone.

You may suggest there are other players. Yes indeed they are. If I were Japan, China or USA who would I want to work with?

That's just one industry. There will be good many more. One only has to look at the competition between US and EU who are partners and how they behave when it comes to Boeing and Airbus. Bananas even?

Yep we can do a lot things. Yep all will work out fine in the end coz people will amend behaviour until it does. One thing is for sure, the uncertainty and risks compared to gains just simply do not add up.

It's not about economics some say. It's about what kind of country, culture and identity we wish to preserve. I said this before when hard time comes round and money dries up along with jobs up North and growth slows, people will move to all sorts of places. There will not be many young people left to look after the old and tax burden along with a rundown of services will continue. This is a no brainer! Numbers simply don't add up no matter what identity or culture one tries to maintain.

Much hardship ahead that's for sure.

As for those 5 great points above, bloody-minded obstinacy will prevail and I doubt they'll materialise if things turn from sweet to sour. It's just in the nature of mad dogs when they don't get what they want. (y)

Why do so many remainers think all the talent is elsewhere, when it is actually in the UK. The EU has so much to lose from ‘ excluding us’ from ‘ the club’ [emoji23][emoji23]

Why do so many remainers think all the talent is elsewhere, when it is actually in the UK. The EU has so much to lose from ‘ excluding us’ from ‘ the club’ [emoji23][emoji23]

Unbelievable isn't it, same in my game. It's the Brits and Yanks that run everything in oil n gas, including all the innovation.