Brexit and the Consequences

It’s funny when people say Calais is going to shut then immediately think of traffic jams in the UK, France will come to a standstill,the French will riot.. It’s 90% foreign trucks entering and leaving the U.K., shot and foot come to mind, wonder how long that brilliant idea lasts :LOL:

It's not about stopping traffic or making life difficult. Simply that paperwork / contents / tariffs will need to be administered in the absence of free unchecked crossing if goods n services originate within EU.

Someone on the news said a 2 min check on trucks can lead to 17m queues.

Issue is they need to be considered and planned for.

Having said that France is not an Island and have alternative supply routes.

UK needs those goods n services. What are the alternatives? Source beef from Australia / NZ and what happens to that meat in transit?

It's all about logistics and operations. If you cut off your market with bureaucratic overheads and delays there will be cost and consequences.

I've asked a number of times, there is much talk of taking back control of customs but Officer numbers are just constantly cut same as police, nurses and the rest.

Same goes for border patrol. The talk is not backed up with any real action. As before guy in Romford conducting his import export transit business will need additional warehouse and admin to complete paperwork. Commonly referred to as transaction costs which will add no productivity but only cost and delays to any goods and services flowing in or out of the country.

So this part has nothing to do with Brexit or Politics it's just a few questions on thinking through the aftermath of what ever replaces current status quo. :rolleyes::whistle:rolleyes:

It's all true and has been covered many times. There is no EU growth when you strip out the funny money. When the magic money stops we will then see the sharp adjustments. One could easily make the case that it has already started to slow down. Latest figures from Germany for example. Coupled with all the self inflicted migration problems. Anyway, it won't be up to the EU to determine Europe's future. It will be the people of Europe who decide. Much to your annoyance i'm sure. :)

Is this you? :)

d91482m9l5ez.jpg

It's not about stopping traffic or making life difficult. Simply that paperwork / contents / tariffs will need to be administered in the absence of free unchecked crossing if goods n services originate within EU.

Someone on the news said a 2 min check on trucks can lead to 17m queues.

Issue is they need to be considered and planned for.

Having said that France is not an Island and have alternative supply routes.

UK needs those goods n services. What are the alternatives? Source beef from Australia / NZ and what happens to that meat in transit?

It's all about logistics and operations. If you cut off your market with bureaucratic overheads and delays there will be cost and consequences.

I've asked a number of times, there is much talk of taking back control of customs but Officer numbers are just constantly cut same as police, nurses and the rest.

Same goes for border patrol. The talk is not backed up with any real action. As before guy in Romford conducting his import export transit business will need additional warehouse and admin to complete paperwork. Commonly referred to as transaction costs which will add no productivity but only cost and delays to any goods and services flowing in or out of the country.

So this part has nothing to do with Brexit or Politics it's just a few questions on thinking through the aftermath of what ever replaces current status quo. :rolleyes::whistle:rolleyes:

Part of the reason why we need to replace the two party status quo, sweep clean, start again, all change.

Rumours that the 1922 committee have received the 48 letters needed to trigger a no confidence vote in TM, The Brexit negotiations might be taking a slightly different route if this is indeed true, Big day tomorrow for the PM...

Got any more rumours for us me amigo?

Now might be good time to buy some sterling... 1.28 -ish. Down from the 1.30s.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...wn-with-tory-mps-1922-committee-politics-live

Don't blame me if those rumours turn out to be true? Blame Mike. :cheesy:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...wn-with-tory-mps-1922-committee-politics-live

Hey, I would love to see Theresa go, what’s a bit of currency fluctuation when we’re dealing with the future of the country ? Just to add to your other point “ someone on the news said “:LOL: There was a photograph on tinternet that showed a border crossing between EU and none EU country the other day, it was a sign and a cctv camera, that’s it... The EU and it’s precious rule book eh...(n)

You just don't get this politics game do you :LOL:

The fact that she was summonsed in the first place is the story. The message to her is clear.....don't go doing anything stupid Mrs May, cos we are watching your every move. Have a nice day :)

You just don't get this politics game do you :LOL:

The fact that she was summonsed in the first place is the story. The message to her is clear.....don't go doing anything stupid Mrs May, cos we are watching your every move. Have a nice day :)

DOooooohhhh

So you saying they're going to hand her 47 letters :cheesy:

Or write her one very angry letter explaining how angry and upset they are :)

Last edited:
Hey, I would love to see Theresa go, what’s a bit of currency fluctuation when we’re dealing with the future of the country ? Just to add to your other point “ someone on the news said “:LOL: There was a photograph on tinternet that showed a border crossing between EU and none EU country the other day, it was a sign and a cctv camera, that’s it... The EU and it’s precious rule book eh...(n)

Were they anywhere remotely near being the 5th largest trading country in the world?

or

Were they one of these countries?

FE-GreiderBalkans-F1-fixedarrows-small-750x483.png

To labour the point, one of our resident genius, feels 9% trade growth with Australia with a population of 20m will be sufficient to compensate losing part of our 42% trade with EU; containing 350m population size, holding largest disposable income in the World.

Some people just don't get the numbers game do they?

Bon voyageu eh? (y)

Could of been Switzerland now you mention it, not much on your map about border crossings there so we’ll keep hush..Anyway Wtf, I didn’t realise we wouldn’t be trading with Europe anymore ? No wonder you’re upset about the situation ..:-0

Could of been Switzerland now you mention it, not much on your map about border crossings there so we’ll keep hush..Anyway Wtf, I didn’t realise we wouldn’t be trading with Europe anymore ? No wonder you’re upset about the situation ..:-0

Didn't say that. Trade will always continue. However, not as much as before.

Trade flows will change that's for sure. Prices will change. Displacement; substitution will take place.

No impact analysis or assessment (ie Whitepaper) government will have no view. Unless ofcourse they did conduct one but hid the results as they were so bad.

Take your pick.

Right pigs dinner!

Bon Appetit :)

Were they anywhere remotely near being the 5th largest trading country in the world?

or

Were they one of these countries?

FE-GreiderBalkans-F1-fixedarrows-small-750x483.png

To labour the point, one of our resident genius, feels 9% trade growth with Australia with a population of 20m will be sufficient to compensate losing part of our 42% trade with EU; containing 350m population size, holding largest disposable income in the World.

Some people just don't get the numbers game do they?

Bon voyageu eh? (y)

Now go read the post again. Before we joined the EU, 9% of our GDP was with Aus.

Nowhere did I mention that we should now do 9% of our GDP with Aus

Didn't say that. Trade will always continue. However, not as much as before.

Trade flows will change that's for sure. Prices will change. Displacement; substitution will take place.

No impact analysis or assessment (ie Whitepaper) government will have no view. Unless ofcourse they did conduct one but hid the results as they were so bad.

Take your pick.

Right pigs dinner!

Bon Appetit :)

It's either a "dogs dinner" or a "pigs ear", but it's not a "pigs dinner" !:)

Now go read the post again. Before we joined the EU, 9% of our GDP was with Aus.

Nowhere did I mention that we should now do 9% of our GDP with Aus

BIG DEAL

Why buy from Australia polluting earth when you can buy cheaper higher standard product from EU?

Same difference!

Work that one out :cheesy:

BIG DEAL

Why buy from Australia polluting earth when you can buy cheaper higher standard product from EU?

Same difference!

Work that one out :cheesy:

Because the EU won't allow national sovereignty AND free trade, have you not been paying attention for the last 2 years or summink?

Because the EU won't allow national sovereignty AND free trade, have you not been paying attention for the last 2 years or summink?

Precisely the advantage EU enables to members.

I don't understand your concept of free trade. You can buy stuff in the EU next door or you can buy something 5000 miles away. Trade is free in the common market.

You wan't sovereignty to make daft decisions is that it. Grass is always greener on the other side.

EU bestows many advantages to members. Keeps money circulating in the club between members. Reduces what may be termed leakages.

That's how these trading blocks have come about. They are advantages to trade and gives members economies of scale, market regulation and negotiation power.

Brexiteers in their gusto to all embrace all the lies and deceits are blind to any advantage EU provides. Very sad. :(

Precisely the advantage EU enables to members.

I don't understand your concept of free trade. You can buy stuff in the EU next door or you can buy something 5000 miles away. Trade is free in the common market.

You wan't sovereignty to make daft decisions is that it. Grass is always greener on the other side.

EU bestows many advantages to members. Keeps money circulating in the club between members. Reduces what may be termed leakages.

That's how these trading blocks have come about. They are advantages to trade and gives members economies of scale, market regulation and negotiation power.

Brexiteers in their gusto to all embrace all the lies and deceits are blind to any advantage EU provides. Very sad. :(

You are a one policy guy, blinded by the money and see nothing else. Take the blinkers off and try to understand why we have Brexit in the first place. Stop the "Brexiteers were blinded by deceit and lies" mantra and you may begin to see and think more clearly, remainers are only fooling themselves as long as they keep repeating the same old worn out lines.

After reading that report you can guarantee 100 % the actual opposite happened, truth to follow ....