Brexit and the Consequences

Not my analogy, David's......

I don't relate to the Sh*t restaurant analogy......

I love the way we’re leaving the EU.

We’re leaving it in the same way we leave a sh*t restaurant.

We tell the waiter everything was fine, leave a stupidly big tip, and then quietly and politely F*kc off never to return…

...While hoping they go bankrupt.

. . . And the Blair'ole continues with his deranged ranting.
I'm surprised by how often I find myself revising my view of ex-politicians after they've either been sacked or retired from office. Outside of parliament, they often come across as being much more interesting, human and likable. Think Edwina Curry, Micheal Portillo, Ed Balls and, even, Gordon Brown. Needless to say, Tony Blair is the exception that proves the rule. Shouldn't he be in jug awaiting trial at the Hague for war crimes?
Tim.

I'm surprised by how often I find myself revising my view of ex-politicians after they've either been sacked or retired from office. Outside of parliament, they often come across as being much more interesting, human and likable. Think Edwina Curry, Micheal Portillo, Ed Balls and, even, Gordon Brown. Needless to say, Tony Blair is the exception that proves the rule. Shouldn't he be in jug awaiting trial at the Hague for war crimes?
Tim.

He comes across as a scary, shady character, Soros types, something about his eyes, his speech mannerisms and the content of his speeches, they seemed to have hardened from when he was PM. He would make a good Western dictator.

To me it feels like he is the embodiment of Globalism, the EU, ultimate control over people, homogenised, power to elites, determining the destiny of the planet according to his kind, never to be questioned, more facist like than anything else in modern politics.

If anything popularism feels like it is stepping away from fascism, nationalism, patriotism, individual identity all have been smeared under the banner of Nazism and fascism by the Blair'ole types. they seem to want to deceive by deflection.

It must be similar to what the Trump haters see in Trump, I just see a Boris type character in Trump, I can't quite form an evil opinion of him, but plenty do believe he's evil.

He comes across as a scary, shady character, Soros types, something about his eyes, his speech mannerisms and the content of his speeches, they seemed to have hardened from when he was PM. He would make a good Western dictator.

To me it feels like he is the embodiment of Globalism, the EU, ultimate control over people, homogenised, power to elites, determining the destiny of the planet according to his kind, never to be questioned, more facist like than anything else in modern politics.

If anything popularism feels like it is stepping away from fascism, nationalism, patriotism, individual identity all have been smeared under the banner of Nazism and fascism by the Blair'ole types. they seem to want to deceive by deflection.

It must be similar to what the Trump haters see in Trump, I just see a Boris type character in Trump, I can't quite form an evil opinion of him, but plenty do believe he's evil.

Funny isn’t it, I heard him give a speech to senior civil servants when he became pm. He expounded his vision for the country, it’s citizens and their interaction with public services. It was terrific stuff and I’ve heard none better. Unfortunately he never got close to bringing it home since he was no “completer finisher” in the management jargon. That was Gordon’s province but they soon became at loggerheads and he wasn’t to keen in furthering Tony Blair’s cause.

Funny isn’t it, I heard him give a speech to senior civil servants when he became pm. He expounded his vision for the country, it’s citizens and their interaction with public services. It was terrific stuff and I’ve heard none better. Unfortunately he never got close to bringing it home since he was no “completer finisher” in the management jargon. That was Gordon’s province but they soon became at loggerheads and he wasn’t to keen in furthering Tony Blair’s cause.

Blair's background...lawyer....that's all we need to know. They turn lie telling into an art form and the really deranged ones actually believe in their own lies.

Seems a fair, equitable and common sense approach taken by Salvini. What did the Romans ever do for us :smart:

She spoke well with courage and passion. Agree about controlling immigration but having highlighted tough issues she didn't offer any solutions but to knock EU.

More of the same dribble the masses find great to lap up. Whisking up national fever.

As if the whole EU budget and German deficit is because of poor immigrants living off state benefit.

She lost her thread I think. Stupid. Very very so very stupid. Makings of a new Hitleress...

She'll go far like farage. Maybe even host her own talk show one day.

Masterstroke by Trump

Donald Trump urges Emmanuel Macron to 'pull France out of the European Union in return for a better trade deal with the US'

The suggestion was made during a visit to Washington by the French leader
US president reportedly said to Macron 'why don't you leave the EU?'
Macron said what's said behind closed doors 'should stay behind closed doors'

:LOL:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ll-France-EU-return-better-trade-deal-US.html

Trump undermining Macron....whuda thunk it (y)

She spoke well with courage and passion. Agree about controlling immigration but having highlighted tough issues she didn't offer any solutions but to knock EU.

More of the same dribble the masses find great to lap up. Whisking up national fever.

As if the whole EU budget and German deficit is because of poor immigrants living off state benefit.

She lost her thread I think. Stupid. Very very so very stupid. Makings of a new Hitleress...

She'll go far like farage. Maybe even host her own talk show one day.

So when exactly do you think the EU project falls apart?

It's surely not a question of "if", but "when".

So when exactly do you think the EU project falls apart?

It's surely not a question of "if", but "when".

Difficult to answer, look at the migrant crisis negotiations, very little compromise was reached, I don't think anyone was satisfied, time will tell if change happens, but given their dogmatic approach to seeing their ideology implemented then I don't give much hope for rapid change. Also depends how quickly member states citizens vote in Eurosceptic governments and if those governments stay in power for any length of time and if there are subsequent referenda to leave the EU.

Will it change, will it fall apart or will it stay the same, arguably it has already changed with the removal of Schengen zones where that has happened.

I'll give it 15-20 years given todays pace.