Brexit and the Consequences

She lost her thread I think. Stupid. Very very so very stupid. Makings of a new Hitleress...

The problem with this sentence is that because the words Hitler, Nazi, Racist, Fascist etc etc have been used by the left wing to slander anyone with centre or centre/right ideas (or anyone who just disagrees with them), that their meanings are lost, they have become meaningless.

The game is up for left wing identity politics, it causes more divisions, more hatred and does the left wing cause no good if all they do is revert to is the same tired smears, lost the argument, nothing more to say, cannot have a discussion, just scream nazi/fascist/racist/etc.

Who do you think you are kidding [Mr Hitler], you don't win support this way.

meh (n)

Difficult to answer, look at the migrant crisis negotiations, very little compromise was reached, I don't think anyone was satisfied, time will tell if change happens, but given their dogmatic approach to seeing their ideology implemented then I don't give much hope for rapid change. Also depends how quickly member states citizens vote in Eurosceptic governments and if those governments stay in power for any length of time and if there are subsequent referenda to leave the EU.

Will it change, will it fall apart or will it stay the same, arguably it has already changed with the removal of Schengen zones where that has happened.

I'll give it 15-20 years given todays pace.

I think it's a much shorter timescale but will all depend on how much ground is given. Clearly we are still in the momentum phase of the shift and as long as Junker, Tusk and the rest of the federalists are in power, then I see no prospect of the alliance holding together.

If no Brexit deal is reached, which seems increasingly likely, then serious cracks appear as early as next year. The political fall out across Europe in this event will speed up and further highlight the divisions amongst EU member countries.

I dunno why you brexiteers seem to wish so fervently for the EU to disintegrate. Anyway you seem to forget that the vast majority of politicians in the EU nations are strongly pro European (here too) with the antis just a fringe set. Until that changes there won’t be any realistic move towards breaking it up.

When times aren’t so good it’s easy to whip up popular opinion to blame someone or something and the fringe antis have done well with that and, here, an ill thought out and arrogant referendum (it’ll be a no-contest remain) aided them and caused the upset (marginally). The majority of our politicians have found themselves hamstrung by the vote but it hasn’t really changed their view.

I dunno why you brexiteers seem to wish so fervently for the EU to disintegrate. Anyway you seem to forget that the vast majority of politicians in the EU nations are strongly pro European (here too) with the antis just a fringe set. Until that changes there won’t be any realistic move towards breaking it up.

When times aren’t so good it’s easy to whip up popular opinion to blame someone or something and the fringe antis have done well with that and, here, an ill thought out and arrogant referendum (it’ll be a no-contest remain) aided them and caused the upset (marginally). The majority of our politicians have found themselves hamstrung by the vote but it hasn’t really changed their view.

That's the point. It really doesn't matter what their view is, the people have spoken and the politicians will now dance to the tune. The arrogance of these people is truly astounding.

Perhaps it's representative of the disjointed relationship between politicians and the people. Most of them live in a different world to the rest of us. Just look for example the situation about canibis where its illegal but tobacco and alcohol aren't. How many time have you seen a policy implemented only to think to yourself how the hell was that passed. Take inheritance tax for example. People are fed up and that's why we are here. I hoped people would be more grown up about it but all I see is name calling and every attempt to reverse a democratic outcome. One would assume from the way everyone has been behaving that we are not really democratic by nature.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think Brexiteers are ideologically different to the EU as the most basic reason for not wanting the EU to exist in its present form.

Can it be seen in terms of Globalism vs Culturism? Even throughout social history Expansionist/Globalist civilisations , e.g. the Romans sought to command and control vast swathes of land and people, to impose their ideology, there was resistance and the Roman downfall was as a result of people organising themselves around religion. Then we had imperialistic conquests in the form of European invasions of foreign lands for exactly the same reasons, ideologically speaking lots of those lands have remained indoctrinated into Western European cultural and political styles, but ultimately Empires have declined. Same with the Chinese and Russians.

In the modern context, the EU is part of a global push for power, based along rich Western cultures vs the old enemy cultures to the East and emerging cultures, e.g. India, the sudden proliferation of technology and communications since WW2, plus the cultural effects as a result of WW2 have enabled West and Eastern governments alike to control populations like never before.

The resistance to the EU is a symptom of the desire of the EU to enforce more control and to change cultures, without cultural change, the EU cannot fulfil it's ambition to control people.

Brexiteers and Eurosceptic Europeans are mostly people that wish to remain in a culture that has existed since WW2, they are organising themselves around that ideology. The EU seeks to change that, hence the resistance we see today.

I think it's a much shorter timescale but will all depend on how much ground is given. Clearly we are still in the momentum phase of the shift and as long as Junker, Tusk and the rest of the federalists are in power, then I see no prospect of the alliance holding together.

If no Brexit deal is reached, which seems increasingly likely, then serious cracks appear as early as next year. The political fall out across Europe in this event will speed up and further highlight the divisions amongst EU member countries.

It depends what the Soros/banker/Blair'ole money does, they have already shown their hand, the EU leadership are just pawns, they may end up pensioned off, only to be replaced with more hardline Europhiles, if they are to go down politically, then they will go down slowly. If they are to survive, then they will have to change, there's no signs of that happening though.

Unless there is an sudden shock, black swan type event, resulting in mass outbreaks of violence, different ball game there, on whose side would the European army be deployed then? The EU project is at end game at that point for sure.

It depends what the Soros/banker/Blair'ole money does, they have already shown their hand, the EU leadership are just pawns, they may end up pensioned off, only to be replaced with more hardline Europhiles, if they are to go down politically, then they will go down slowly. If they are to survive, then they will have to change, there's no signs of that happening though.

Unless there is an sudden shock, black swan type event, resulting in mass outbreaks of violence, different ball game there, on whose side would the European army be deployed then? The EU project is at end game at that point for sure.

On the point of the supposed EU army. If the EU were ever to give the order that the joint task force were to suppress any uprising within their own ranks, then that really would hasten the end of the failed project.

Mmm, politicians are supposed to lead, not follow. We’d probably still have hanging otherwise.

In the unlikely event that a leading one shows up...........be sure to let us know :)

Your prayers have been answered my son. ;)

The only party who have clearly stated their position irrespective of politics and power plays.

logo_lg.png
https://www.libdems.org.uk/

home_hero_strongandcable.jpg

Vince Cable speech: Capitalism in Crisis

On the point of the supposed EU army. If the EU were ever to give the order that the joint task force were to suppress any uprising within their own ranks, then that really would hasten the end of the failed project.

Got to remember the dying throes of an institution are often the most violent as all that’s left is short term thinking whilst they are in survival mode.

Your prayers have been answered my son. ;)

The only party who have clearly stated their position irrespective of politics and power plays.

logo_lg.png
https://www.libdems.org.uk/

home_hero_strongandcable.jpg

Vince Cable speech: Capitalism in Crisis

No doubt there are sensible options proposed in his speech, now it just needs a leader to convince the masses that they are good ideas and they should be voted into power to enable it.

Unfortunately most of what the LibDems say is based on staying in the EU, so the chances of persuading the masses is greatly diminished.

Wot?

Some tenth rate actor gobbing off on tv about Brexit, when he clearly has no idea what day it is let alone get his head around the issues of the day.

:LOL: unlike the well versed and spoken Brexiteers :LOL:

You are a class act CV. (y)

At what point do you stop the fight for remain ? When does it become the re-enter the Eu campaign ? Because posting the educational thoughts of Danny Dyer will have little significance on absolutely anything , except maybe a eastenders spoiler I can tease the Mrs with. :LOL: