Brexit and the Consequences

At what point do you stop the fight for remain ? When does it become the re-enter the Eu campaign ? Because posting the educational thoughts of Danny Dyer will have little significance on absolutely anything , except maybe a eastenders spoiler I can tease the Mrs with. :LOL:

Hey Mikey, you sound well clued up?

At what point does Brexit start is more appropriate question to ask.

Holland have already hired custom officers and implementing plans to deal with new volume of checks.

I know we haven't hired any just yet but do you at least know how many new custom officers required?

Heard something about 1bn for a lorry park in the Garden of England but other than that all I hear is we can do this and that :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Help me out here buddy. Por favor :cool:

Ok, I’ll help you out just a little, but just as a favour.. firstly trucks ran back and forth to the continent freely before any EU, and surprisingly before computers ! now, factor in today’s technology and customs clearance at source.

Secondly the EU has damaged the U.K. haulage industry with working time detective and foreign trucks on mega low wages and cheap diesel. So there will be little need for truck parks like you say, U.K. haulage will be done by U.K. companies paying a U.K. living standard wage. The foreign trucks can haul for a pittance on their own side of the channel ...(y)

Ok, I’ll help you out just a little, but just as a favour.. firstly trucks ran back and forth to the continent freely before any EU, and surprisingly before computers ! now, factor in today’s technology and customs clearance at source.

Secondly the EU has damaged the U.K. haulage industry with working time detective and foreign trucks on mega low wages and cheap diesel. So there will be little need for truck parks like you say, U.K. haulage will be done by U.K. companies paying a U.K. living standard wage. The foreign trucks can haul for a pittance on their own side of the channel ...(y)

Why wouldn't UK companies use European trucks with lower cost of operation? :rolleyes:

You also underestimate just how obstinate Europeans can be to labour a point. But that's simply my qualified opinion as it is what I would do.

Maybe it's transfer stations they are building, swapping containers between different lorries?

Maybe it's transfer stations they are building, swapping containers between different lorries?

Rotterdam is a transit hub and regarded as an EU border with a lot of 3rd country import/export which will be increased with our revised status.

Why wouldn't UK companies use European trucks with lower cost of operation? :rolleyes:

Obviously they would and do, primarily because the country is awash with foreign trucks, A race to the bottom...

But we have certain standards to maintain dont we ? Or would you rather be in syria making £1 a week ?

Obviously they would and do, primarily because the country is awash with foreign trucks, A race to the bottom...

But we have certain standards to maintain dont we ? Or would you rather be in syria making £1 a week ?

Sorry matey, awkward question it is but your reply doesn't answer the question.

No prep. No plans, more job losses.

EU states will still be exporting to us using their lorries. I don't think Brits will stop buying European cars. Those trucks will not be going back empty.

You suggesting British government get involved in markets placing rules and regulations who can carry what where? :rolleyes:

Firstly, no cars are imported nor exported on trucks, They are driven onto car carrier boats and driven off the other side,1000s of them. Most goods arrive via container also..

foreign trucks come across with one load and then carry on the rest of the week using large tanks of cheap diesel, Vastly undercutting uk rates...Could you just imagine the French if the tables were turned :-0

Firstly, no cars are imported nor exported on trucks, They are driven onto car carrier boats and driven off the other side,1000s of them. Most goods arrive via container also..

foreign trucks come across with one load and then carry on the rest of the week using large tanks of cheap diesel, Vastly undercutting uk rates...Could you just imagine the French if the tables were turned :-0

Parts n pieces n agricultural stuff?

What ever they are carrying low cost operators will thrive.

Custom officers still will be required with much paper shuffling.

Sad face of brexit must be faced up to.

I'd pencil in a drop in biz as well.

You also underestimate just how obstinate Europeans can be to labour a point. But that's simply my qualified opinion as it is what I would do.

They aren't as obstinate as Brexiters :LOL:

Thinking of organising a whip round so we can send you off to Belgium. :)

Bit of a contrary position going on there Att. Quite happy to hire cheap foreign labour. :rolleyes:

LOL I'm not cheap and my allegiance is to Parliament and the Monarchy.

Not to fringe groups with daft power hungry self vested interests.

You keep hoping maybe one day you may get to have your wet dream. (y)

Has anyone caught the little reference to a White Paper on the news wire? Two years after the event. Not the way to conduct business of government but what do we know???

Oooohhhhh! Government getting serious now if they've finally got their heads around some meaningful research and data.

Oh there is also a talk of a 'new' customs model. As if what's already there isn't enough. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Watch out for rules and regulations and what role EU Court of Justice plays in that agreement. :idea:

Brexiteers will have to pull something special out of de rears wanting some deal without any rules to bind them all into a powerful one ring sort of thing. EU the evil empire lalalalaaaa... :cheesy:

Has anyone caught the little reference to a White Paper on the news wire? Two years after the event. Not the way to conduct business of government but what do we know???

Oooohhhhh! Government getting serious now if they've finally got their heads around some meaningful research and data.

Oh there is also a talk of a 'new' customs model. As if what's already there isn't enough. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Watch out for rules and regulations and what role EU Court of Justice plays in that agreement. :idea:

Brexiteers will have to pull something special out of de rears wanting some deal without any rules to bind them all into a powerful one ring sort of thing. EU the evil empire lalalalaaaa... :cheesy:

It’s becoming clearer by the day that there’s never going to be a deal on the table that enables us to “free trade” whilst unbending us from the very things that make brexiteers hot under the collar - ECJ primacy, free movement etc.