Brexit and the Consequences

It was a great idea until May got her hands on it!

Beg to differ. Great country like UK does not leave the fate of the UK in the hands of one body or one party.

You forget all the organs, institutions and parliamentary process of a great country.

Common mass public are precisely what they are. Mass produced chicken fed with Farage's pie in the sky waffles, fattened for the slaughter house.

Another perspective, if the Brexit argument is soooo compelling how or why is the cabinet, business and half the country opposed to it?

Brexiteers not very good at making the case or putting the argument forward for such an exciting and delicious offer?

Does it not make any one pause for thought? :whistling

Another perspective, if the Brexit argument is soooo compelling how or why is the cabinet, business and half the country opposed to it?

Brexiteers not very good at making the case or putting the argument forward for such an exciting and delicious offer?

Yeah, well it’s all too late now. People may sneer all they like at politicians and impugn their motives with wild accusations, but most of them do have the best interests of our country at heart.

The pity of it is that, despite the vast majority of them believing that it was in our best interests to remain, they abrogated any leadership and salved their consciences with this “people have spoken” bollox. They should all be hanging their heads in shame.

You’ve only to read this thread to get some idea of the balls up “the people” would make of things if they were running the show.

With all the moaning and groaning and cries of criminal incompetence etc it’s a wonder thousands of tons of sh*t gets disposed of every day without offending anyone’s nostrils; potable water runs every time you turn on the tap; the lights come on 99% of the time; and a multitude of things that work nearly all the time to make our lives better. Mind you, the “people” aren’t happy and would probably vote to abolish the taxes that pays for it all if anyone was daft enough ask them.

Cabinet :LOL: Cabinet could be made up exclusively from the Brexiteer ranks. We could have a PM that believes in Brexit. Instead we are saddled with the appeaser.

Business :LOL: There are a handful of large corporations who seem to think that their voice is somehow more important than everyone else's.

Half the country opposes Brexit :LOL: They better get used to it. Democratic decision taken and voted on. The highest vote count in UK history. Now that is quite something.

I rather hope that the remoaners are satisfied with their derailing performance so far. Unfortunately you are not winning anything. We are waiting patiently for you clever types to come up with a clever plan that unites the country around a workable acceptable position going forwards.

I expect we will have a very long wait eh.

Mogg will be PM before winter. Then we can make some progress. (y)

Cabinet :LOL: Cabinet could be made up exclusively from the Brexiteer ranks. We could have a PM that believes in Brexit. Instead we are saddled with the appeaser.

Business :LOL: There are a handful of large corporations who seem to think that their voice is somehow more important than everyone else's.

Half the country opposes Brexit :LOL: They better get used to it. Democratic decision taken and voted on. The highest vote count in UK history. Now that is quite something.

I rather hope that the remoaners are satisfied with their derailing performance so far. Unfortunately you are not winning anything. We are waiting patiently for you clever types to come up with a clever plan that unites the country around a workable acceptable position going forwards.

I expect we will have a very long wait eh.

Mogg will be PM before winter. Then we can make some progress. (y)

No matey you got it wrong. Clever types like me don't have to plan for your mess.

Cameron was silly enough to call the referendum but clever enough to hand it over to you. You bought it. You brake it. You keep it.

Talk is cheap. There is only one place TM leadership is going. :whistling

No matey you got it wrong. Clever types like me don't have to plan for your mess.

Cameron was silly enough to call the referendum but clever enough to hand it over to you. You bought it. You brake it. You keep it.

Talk is cheap. There is only one place TM leadership is going. :whistling

I don't have anything wrong thanks.

After the Brexit vote, Cameron buggered off because he couldn't stomach the fact that he had miscalculated the intent of UK voters.

Remainer May was shoehorned into the top job as the Tory grandees used every dirty trick in the book to ensure that a Brexiteer didn't get into power.

May PM Remainer
Hammond Chancellor Remainer
Rudd Home Office Remainer
Carney BOE Remainer

All the top jobs went to Remainers and so far they have made a total bollox of it.

These idiots represent you and your views. (y)

I don't have anything wrong thanks.

After the Brexit vote, Cameron buggered off because he couldn't stomach the fact that he had miscalculated the intent of UK voters.

Remainer May was shoehorned into the top job as the Tory grandees used every dirty trick in the book to ensure that a Brexiteer didn't get into power.

May PM Remainer
Hammond Chancellor Remainer
Rudd Home Office Remainer
Carney BOE Remainer

All the top jobs went to Remainers and so far they have made a total bollox of it.

These idiots represent you and your views. (y)

During the referendum campaign the Brexit cry was that EU would be falling over themselves to make a deal because “they need us much more than we need them”.

Another fanciful dream turning to dust and all that remains is to blame dirty tricks and half hearted “remainer” efforts. No thought that the dream was the thing that was a load of bollox of course. :LOL:

During the referendum campaign the Brexit cry was that EU would be falling over themselves to make a deal because “they need us much more than we need them”.

Another fanciful dream turning to dust and all that remains is to blame dirty tricks and half hearted “remainer” efforts. No thought that the dream was the thing that was a load of bollox of course. :LOL:

Well i'm not going to re-run the whole Brexit debate, suffice to say that project fear didn't materialise and we are still leaving :LOL:

I've no idea what this "dream" is that you refer to. Leaving the corrupt EU is a very simple matter. We stop financing the corruption and just get on with business as usual. It's obvious that the world is moving in a different direction but some people are struggling to comprehend this.:LOL:

Well i'm not going to re-run the whole Brexit debate, suffice to say that project fear didn't materialise and we are still leaving :LOL:

I've no idea what this "dream" is that you refer to. Leaving the corrupt EU is a very simple matter. We stop financing the corruption and just get on with business as usual. It's obvious that the world is moving in a different direction but some people are struggling to comprehend this.:LOL:

The dream that EU would be falling over themselves to do a deal. Just one of many dreams that are turning to nightmares:LOL:

The dream that EU would be falling over themselves to do a deal. Just one of many dreams that are turning to nightmares:LOL:

Well, you have already stated that the Brexit negotiations are a complete farce and I agree, they are!

So given that appeasement doesn't work, then perhaps it's time to bring out the big stick ! :LOL:

Or should we just carry on "negotiating", where we allow the EU to set the agenda, the timetable and dictate all the terms, as has been the case to date?

Honestly, the mind boggles! The EU doesn't have the upper hand, contrary to popular belief.

I already know there will be no deal, cos when the public are told they have been sold a pup, there will be hell on.

I already know there will be no deal, cos when the public are told they have been sold a pup, there will be hell on.

Eventually May will have to come clean – hopefully that will be before it's too late for someone else to step in and pick up the pieces. I suspect that a lot of people who don't follow Brexit too closely have so far taken her at her word. Rather late 1930s Chamberlain-ish don't you think?

Did anyone say, in the run-up to the referendum, that any of this wouldn't be easy? I'm sure Farage or similar would have mentioned that leaving the EU would be a difficult and frustrating task. When you are David, pitched against Goliath, you need the right weapon. It appears that the Tories haven't picked the correct weapon, or maybe they have? Unlike David and Goliath the battles are ongoing, the war will be won, but it's a long and difficult campaign, much like WW1, the generals are useless, it will be down to the foot soldiers to win the campaign, but we'll get there eventually.

There is no getting there! Nothing has been defined or said about the end destination.

There is only gettttting out of the EU.

Talking of war and strategy, tactics are to exit the EU and some how that'll deliver the strategy of us making deals all over the world in a few months much like mushrooms popping out of the ground.

The whole shenannigans and approach is just crazy.

Of course we all know they have taken place but results soooo bad it would be crazy to publicise them strengthening EU negotiating position.

Brexiteers however, as rightly pointed out, keep dreaming about some hocus pocus wunderbar lala land that'll just come to be.

Truth of the matter is that this promised wunderbar lala land is more of an apparition in Brexiteers minds that'll just dissolve into nothingness. Empty promises of many zilch's.

As I ask if there was any substance, credence or compelling case, with an over whelming benefit to the UK, as they say in the movies, we certainly wouldn't be having these discussions would we? :whistling

1930's related

Eventually May will have to come clean – hopefully that will be before it's too late for someone else to step in and pick up the pieces. I suspect that a lot of people who don't follow Brexit too closely have so far taken her at her word. Rather late 1930s Chamberlain-ish don't you think?

Here he goes again rewriting history to suit the narrative and his current agenda!

The Brexit voting public gets the blame when we all know how corporate greed, mismanagement, accountability, lack of proper governance and regulation were to blame. He would give Hans Cristian Andersen a run for his money with his fairy tales.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44247290

There is no getting there! Nothing has been defined or said about the end destination.

There is only gettttting out of the EU.

Talking of war and strategy, tactics are to exit the EU and some how that'll deliver the strategy of us making deals all over the world in a few months much like mushrooms popping out of the ground.

The whole shenannigans and approach is just crazy.

Of course we all know they have taken place but results soooo bad it would be crazy to publicise them strengthening EU negotiating position.

Brexiteers however, as rightly pointed out, keep dreaming about some hocus pocus wunderbar lala land that'll just come to be.

Truth of the matter is that this promised wunderbar lala land is more of an apparition in Brexiteers minds that'll just dissolve into nothingness. Empty promises of many zilch's.

As I ask if there was any substance, credence or compelling case, with an over whelming benefit to the UK, as they say in the movies, we certainly wouldn't be having these discussions would we? :whistling

I’d much prefer zilch to the EU, and that’s giving the EU some credit [emoji23]

That's what I call putting a spin on it.

You suggesting she's an ethical MP standing on principals??? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Every Tom Dick and Harry along with his cat knows elections are imminent and to make a name for them selves coming out of the wood work.

As for rewriting rules re: Mark Carney, you and moggy boy must have the slowest grey cells in the country as well as deceitful ones.

Brexit will lead to pound collapsing and leading to rise in import prices as the UK has a high propensity for foodstuff and oil. We all observed this. Wages will not and can not rise to keep pace as UK productivity is naff all. It lags rest of EU and large extent the World.

Imports from other cheaper sources will not materialise as cheaper tarriffs will be ofset by the rest of the World dumping British assets, falling pound to fall raising import prices.

BoE will have no choice but to raise rates to prop up the pound to stave off inflationary pressures. This is not fiction. You've seen it already. It's fact!

Bet you still don't get it! :cheesy:

That's what I call putting a spin on it.

You suggesting she's an ethical MP standing on principals??? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Every Tom Dick and Harry along with his cat knows elections are imminent and to make a name for them selves coming out of the wood work.

As for rewriting rules re: Mark Carney, you and moggy boy must have the slowest grey cells in the country as well as deceitful ones.

Brexit will lead to pound collapsing and leading to rise in import prices as the UK has a high propensity for foodstuff and oil. We all observed this. Wages will not and can not rise to keep pace as UK productivity is naff all. It lags rest of EU and large extent the World.

Imports from other cheaper sources will not materialise as cheaper tarriffs will be ofset by the rest of the World dumping British assets, falling pound to fall raising import prices.

BoE will have no choice but to raise rates to prop up the pound to stave off inflationary pressures. This is not fiction. You've seen it already. It's fact!

Bet you still don't get it! :cheesy:

Funny that ! Carney says a hard Brexit could see proposed rate increases put on hold for many years. BOE will do whatever it takes to support the UK economy.

Seems to me that he is clueless and you are equally clueless. Did you study at the same uni by any chance :LOL:

Just couldn't make this sh1t up :LOL:

The reason why the UK is slowing down is due entirely to the ongoing uncertainty over Brexit.

It's the reason why house sales are drifting lower, it's the reason why investment has stagnated, it's the reason why everyone is putting plans on hold until they know the outcome of Brexit.

Once we know the outcome (deal or no deal) then people, businesses, will take actions. That's why economists are a complete waste of time. That's why forecasting is another complete waste of time. Experts another complete waste of everyone's time.

Funny that ! Carney says a hard Brexit could see proposed rate increases put on hold for many years. BOE will do whatever it takes to support the UK economy.

Seems to me that he is clueless and you are equally clueless. Did you study at the same uni by any chance :LOL:

Just couldn't make this sh1t up :LOL:

The reason why the UK is slowing down is due entirely to the ongoing uncertainty over Brexit.

It's the reason why house sales are drifting lower, it's the reason why investment has stagnated, it's the reason why everyone is putting plans on hold until they know the outcome of Brexit.

Once we know the outcome (deal or no deal) then people, businesses, will take actions. That's why economists are a complete waste of time. That's why forecasting is another complete waste of time. Experts another complete waste of everyone's time.

Dear CV,

You really should pause just to reflect on your appreciation of the situ. Honestly just stop, pause and think for a second or two.

What your emperor Moggy has said - is fallacious. Prices will increase with Brexit. Removing EU tariffs will be offset by currency depreciation. This is as we have experienced already.

BoE is clearly stating the inflation target may have to be re-prioritised placing economic jobs and growth up that list. Government objectives are always contradictory. This goes back to the full employment v inflation Phillips curve debates. The curve may have lost some of it's appeal but never the less relationship between interest rates, inflation and unemployment is a valid one. You have a choice?

What we don't have is the BS perpetrated by Brexiteers about lower prices from rest of the world on food stuff, rising wages and higher employment as migration is stopped. Promises are just politicians talking out of their rear ends.

These are facts and choices. You getting high n mighty throwing a strop about university academics or experts because they don't tally up with your Brexit view is poor show. Nothing more.

I can't believe you knock forecasters whilst in the same breath BELIEVE Brexiteers have got a handle on certainty of outcome on your rose tinted view of UK doing great post Brexit contrary to studies and 'expert' opinion. :rolleyes: Think about it for fraction of a milli-second. :rolleyes:

PS. That red line you've highlighted is a valid. Rest of the World; US, EU and Asia all doing well. Why just UK suddenly hitting a wet damp sticky patch? Uncertainty has put investment on hold whilst precipitating departure of business elsewhere. Why do you think FTSE is at all time highs? It's because those companies earn monies outside UK and the pound is falling. Comon sparky keep up!

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

I would advise the PM to set up an export/import initiative to:

1. Locate markets around the world. The US's Trump is cancelling his trading agreements. Great let's move into those gaps.

2. Look around for other partners than the stodgy old EU. They are hopelessly out of touch and riven with fraud etc. the accountants won't sign the accountancy books it is so bad. We could make a trading club to rival them. No need to get greedy.

3. Hold talks with the Unions and Management bodies to break the old Them V. Us mentality. If they can't work together we might as well pull the sheets over our heads and nod off.